Verified Expert in Finance
Jin is an LBS graduate and CPA in both China and the United States. He has helped solve complex accounting and reporting challenges with global clients. An Ernst & Young veteran, Jin has worked at large enterprises such as Sinopec and Vitol, before transitioning to working with startups. His expertise focuses on financial reporting, modeling, due diligence, serving as an interim CFO, and delivering internal process improvements.
Chief Financial Officer
United Waters International AG
- Delivered investor presentation and financial model. Managed the investor's due diligence process.
- Prepared the cash flow forecast for the group's entities across China, India, and Switzerland for monthly cash flow management and cost control purposes.
- Reviewed and presented the business model and financial projections to over 20 potential investors and banks.
- Managed the group audit, accounting, reporting, treasury, and tax functions, complying with IFRS and Swiss GAAP.
- Analyzed potential Chinese markets and counterparties, and led negotiations with local Chinese municipality customers.
- Led a complex purchase price allocation for an over $200 million acquisition in a Nigeria downstream energy business. Finalized the purchase price adjustments for various working capital, intercompany balance, and provision changes.
- Built a group cash flow forecast and budget for a $100 million South African coal mining joint venture, illustrating the critical cost and profit drivers for shareholders.
- Rebuilt the coal mining group's monthly closing and consolidation process as well as the shareholder reporting packages, incorporating the in-depth comparative analysis of budget variance analysis.
- Served as the interim CFO leading a six-person Johannesburg-based finance team.
- Implemented the Pastel accounting system in acquired subsidiaries and converted various entities' chart of accounts into an integrated and consistent group chart of accounts.
- Rebuilt and led a six-person finance team responsible for group accounting, receivables and payables, and consolidation functions following the bankruptcy of the previous owner and the acquisition by the Carlyle and Vitol as new investors in a Swiss-based oil refinery group.
- Transferred the group IFRS consolidation and reporting function from Vitol's shared service center in Rotterdam to a local Swiss-based team within a month via intensive on-site learning and process redesign, earning a commendation from the CEO.
- Reduced group monthly closing and consolidation process for over 30 entities across five countries from over 60 days to 40 days.
- Managed the financial integration of an over EUR 300 million Dutch acquisition, preparing and managing the audit process of the purchase price allocation, coordinating with the valuation service provider, converting the accounting policy of the acquiree to the group policy, and establishing reporting packages and processes between the acquiree's finance team of over 20 people and the HQ finance team.
- Led the accounting system transition from Vitol's proprietary system to JD Edwards' ERP system with a newly created chart of accounts and established integrations with the existing trade system, Vista.
Financial Accounting Manager
Addax Petroleum, Sinopec
- Supervised a staff of 14 responsible for technical accounting, consolidation, and joint ventures.
- Managed the financial accounting and IFRS reporting process across over 30 group entities in West Africa, Iraq, and the UK with $5 billion of annual revenue.
- Integrated local financial and accounting systems for a $540 million acquisition and $2 billion joint venture in Cameroon and Aberdeen, respectively.
- Managed a group external audit by Deloitte in Switzerland, Nigeria, Cameroon and Aberdeen with circa $1.5 million annual audit fees.
- Bridged communication between Chinese and Western senior management teams with significant differences in culture and management style.
Ernst & Young
- Advised as post-deal financial integration expert in a $7.3 billion Chinese acquisition of an oil and gas upstream group with multiple engagement extensions and client's written praise.
- Managed engagements of financial due diligence, audit, and US and HK IPO in the energy and technology industry.
- Signed auditor's report for CNOOC, China's third-largest oil and gas firm, as managing CPA.
- Selected for the global exchange program as the youngest among over 100 peers.
- Coached new recruitment of over 100 as Ernst & Young technical and audit methodology champion.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
London Business School - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Nanjing University - Nanjing, China
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants
MCDBA on Microsoft SQL Server 2000
MCSD on Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0