Verified Expert in Finance
Matthew has a diverse background that includes accounting, M&A advisory, small business management, and equity research. He joined the Toptal network to more effectively optimize his utilization and due to his interest in working on a variety of client engagements. Given Matthew’s broad professional experience, he has worked at large companies, like Morgan Stanley, and small companies, like his family business where he spent four years in a managerial capacity.
Assa Abloy Stock Investment Thesis
TrueNorth Capital Partners
- Independently developed coverage for chemicals and industrial manufacturing verticals, with an emphasis on both strategic and private equity clients.
- Developed proprietary investment ideas for public companies.
- Assisted in the review of letters of intent, definitive agreements, and other sensitive documents.
- Established meaningful dialogue with public company management teams.
HT Capital Advisors
- Independently developed middle-market coverage for chemicals, with an emphasis on the development of proprietary buy-side ideas for strategic clients.
- Served as a project manager and liaison between managing directors and junior team members on multiple M&A engagements.
- Mentored and developed junior team members. Assisted interns with career development plans and interview strategies.
Equity Research Associate - Chemicals
- Served as the lead associate on #2 II-ranked equity research team covering chemicals.
- Monitored and developed knowledge of covered companies and related industries.
- Maintained financial models for covered companies.
- Rebuilt and improved a number of financial models inherited from previous team members.
- Regarded as resident petrochemical and NGL expert.
- Published weekly petrochemical industry research notes.
- Performed in-depth and custom research on relevant topics of debate.
- Identified structural differences in petrochemical assets that were partially to blame for DOW’s lagging performance versus LYB.
- Assessed the impact of lower oil prices on ethane supply and parity with naphtha, and analyzed the breakdown of the historical relationship between oil and polyethylene.
- Analyzed the lithium industry, including the impact of nascent electric vehicle demand.
Master of Business Administration Degree in Business Administration
Columbia Business School - New York, NY
Certified Public Accountant
New York State Department of Education