Verified Expert in Finance
Sachin is a finance expert with a strong background in business analytics, private equity portfolio companies, M&A, and capital market transactions. He spearheaded strategy initiatives and asset management for a real estate company with an aggregate value of over $1 billion, including complex sales, leasing, and financing components. Sachin has a track record of bringing positive organizational, financial, and infrastructure changes to clients, delivering exceptional value.
- Served as a key member of the senior executive team responsible for directing operations, underwriting, capital raising, growth strategy, and M&A functions of the company.
- Led the implementation of automated solutions including accounting software NetSuite, investment management platform Juniper Square, expense management Expensify, and built the accounting and finance function from the ground up.
- Developed a framework and a multi-year strategic plan by aligning growth opportunities with operational and financial performance. Worked to establish a synthetic securitization in place with a capital partner for $1 billion in capital commitment.
CFO - Real Estate
- Served as a key member of the senior executive team overseeing the real estate segment of the company including net lease properties, real estate development properties, resort assets, and retail operations across various portfolio companies.
- Spearheaded strategy initiatives and oversaw all acquisition, divestiture, and asset management activities with an aggregate value of over $1 billion that included complex sales, leasing, and financing components.
- Improved FFO and AFFO by proactive operations management resulting in above-market yields, improved weighted average lease term, and greater return on dispositions.
- Led various initiatives to improve operational effectiveness by streamlining cost structure and successfully reducing G&A by 25% over two years. Led process improvements resulting in a 15% increase in property development margins.
M&A Vice President
Fortress Investment Group
- Drove the financial and operational analysis, deal structuring, due diligence, and valuation process to oversee a strong M&A pipeline. Designed and implemented the financial close process for the new acquisitions.
- Led the process for the spin-off of a portfolio company. Responsible for leading the review of various sections of Form 10, including financial statements, MD&A, and pro forma financials.
- Managed the SEC process for two secondary offerings of a portfolio company to finance significant acquisitions. Responsible for leading the working group and managing the SEC review on S-1, non-GAAP measures, pro forma financials.
Director - Transaction Services
- Oversaw a portfolio of clients including Apollo Global Management, Clayton Dubilier & Rice, McGraw-Hill Financial, Barclays, General Electric, Dow Jones, and Wayfair.
- Utilized strong technical accounting skills in revenue recognition, waterfall models, consolidation, management and incentive fee calculations, equity method investments, fair value assessments, foreign currency translation, and impairments.
- Oversaw cross-functional teams for the implementation of financial close, planning, and execution of system improvements. Reviewed FP&A process including budgets, forecasts, and evaluation of strategic alternatives.
Real Estate Finance
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring