Verified Expert in Finance
Scott is a finance professional with strong SaaS experience who helped scale a SaaS startup by over 10x in just four years by successfully moving into the enterprise space. He set up the finance function at three different SaaS companies, implemented systems built to scale, such as Oracle, Netsuite, and Salesforce, and streamlined processes and KPIs for better management visibility and results. He raised $100 million in a Series B round and led or co-led the finance and accounting functions.
VP of Finance and Operations
- Grew headcount and revenue 10x in four years by moving from SMB to enterprise segment, including opening offices in London, Salt Lake City, and Portugal.
- Built out the FP&A function from scratch, including developing and implementing budgets for the first time.
- Collaborated with the go-to-market team to launch an indirect channel, build comp plans, and improve renewal metrics.
- Implemented new systems, such as moving from QuickBooks Online to NetSuite and rolling out Adaptive Planning.
Senior Director of Finance
Lanyon (now Cvent, Inc.)
- Built and ran the FP&A organization, including merging three companies and adding a fourth.
- Acted as a finance lead for implementing a new technology stack, including Salesforce, Oracle, Marketo, and a quoting tool.
- Ran the renewals team and improved renewal rate as well as reduced overdue renewals.
Vista Equity Partners
- Set up the FP&A function at a software company that consisted of three companies merged into one.
- Ran scenario analysis to help restructure the company, reduced headcount by around 25% without materially impacting operations.
- Helped with the board and investor presentations for the CFO.
Analyst | Portfolio Manager
Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA)
- Ran a portfolio of $200 million focused on European companies.
- Supported a general pool of portfolio managers worldwide through recommendations and research.
- Developed financial models, conducted proprietary research, and made investment presentations to the portfolio teams.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Political Science
Yale University - New Haven, CT