Suresh Kumar Jandhyala
Verified Expert in Finance
Suresh is a Chartered Accountant with 25+ years of experience as a group CFO, a CEO, and a senior vice president investment banker at Morgan Stanley for 13 years. He has executed complex M&A transactions and debt and equity capital raising mandates for large corporates, aggregating to $10 billion+. His sector experience includes energy, petrochemicals, oil and gas, telecom, mining, and infrastructure. Suresh is known for integrity, strategy, and creativity.
Pioneering IPO of a Holding Company in the Infrastructure Sector
A Boutique Financial Advisory
- Advised corporates on real estate construction financing aggregating to around $500 million.
- Advised corporates on divesting infrastructure assets aggregating to $600 million.
- Led financing analysis and transactions for real estate and mining projects.
Ensurity Technologies Private Limited
- Advised on the preparation of an information memorandum and business valuation.
- Prepared a financial model, cost of capital calculations, financing strategy, and financing mix.
- Marketed the opportunity to potential investors, generated feedback, and reworked the business model.
CEO & CFO
Shree Renuka Group
- Led the turnaround of the business by closing businesses that were dragging down profits, optimizing capital allocations to profitable businesses, and maximizing shareholder value.
- Implemented significant cost reduction strategies for the mining business to offset the reduction in margins due to disruptions and bear cycles in the commodity business.
- Led cash flow planning and management, working capital management, establishing working capital limits from banks, and trade flow management in line with lender covenants.
CEO and CFO
- Advised the government of India on divesting its stakes in ONGC and IPCL via an offer for sale in the capital markets across geographies. Raised $2 billion+ in proceeds.
- Raised an aggregate of $2 billion+ in project finance debt for thermal power projects in Karnataka and Orissa, India.
- Advised large corporate groups on M&A and capital raising in the farm equipment, oil and gas, hydropower, thermal power, and transportation infrastructure industries.
- Led the company's IPO, raising approximately $250 million through the IPO and an additional $150 million through a follow-on offering.
- Acquired a thermal coal mine in Western Australia for $800 million and closed the acquisition financing for the asset.
- Closed project financing for several of the group's infrastructure projects aggregating to approximately $4 billion.
- Served as the CFO for the group with turnover of $ 1.25 billion: led the FP&A, corporate finance, and accounting teams comprising 50+ professionals (MBAs, CFAs, and CAs).
- Played an instrumental role in implementing ERP systems and establishing corporate development teams.
Senior Vice President
- Advised multinational clients on acquiring state-owned enterprises in the Indian oil and gas industry as part of the privatization process.
- Raised capital for the government of India through disinvestment of the government's holdings in large upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas companies.
- Raised capital through convertible bond issuances for companies in the building products industry through a unique credit enhanced structure, enabling a rating enhancement and better pricing for the bond.
- Led capital raisings through IPOs of companies engaged in the power and infrastructure sectors. These involved complex restructurings and unique corporate structuring before IPOs.
- Executed mandates for IPOs, capital raisings, and other M&A advisory aggregating to $10 billion.
Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Costing, and Audit
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India - Mumbai, India
Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Commerce, and Accounting
University of Bombay - Mumbai, India
Course on Strategy and Shareholder Value Creation
Indian School of Business
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring