Verified Expert in Product Management
Darragh is an experienced product owner having managed multi-million-pound digital products for world leading brands across financial services and telecoms. Darragh is a specialist in mobile app product management and well positioned to advise on agile delivery methodologies.
Digital Product Owner
- Developed and managed the digital strategy.
Mobile Product Manager
- Strategized and managed the prioritization of features and functionality across all commercial interests in the Vodafone Consumer and Enterprise business units.
- Migrated a supplier and introduced new offshore internal capability at half the operational cost. Within 3 months was running at double release capacity. Within 9 months we doubled the release frequency and supported monthly client release on iOS and Android.
- Structured the approach to proposition development including to ensure clear customer journey mapping and documentation.
- Introduced a new top-up provider for the app and 300% increase in monthly top-ups generating additional £500,000 top-up revenue per month from the app.
- Increased average Android release rating from 3.6 stars to 4.1. Increased average iOS release rating from 2.0 to 4.3.
- Introduced Biometric login and FaceID support and improved average login times from over 11 seconds to less than 5 seconds.
- Launched a pilot scheme as the first UK network operator to implement asynchronous messaging pilot to 1.25 million customers.
Mobile Banking and Digital Payments Product Manager
Royal Bank of Scotland
- Developed the digital payments strategy for the divesting Williams and Glyn retail bank.
- Created the mobile banking strategy for Williams and Glyn post separation from RBS.
- Integrated Apple Pay and Android Pay on divested Williams and Glyn retail bank.
- Oversaw commercial and contract management for 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Detailed customer journey mapping and design for all customers moving from to the divested Williams and Glyn bank.
Product and Proposition Manager
Barclays Bank PLC
- Served as the product manager for the multi-million-pound rebrand, redesign, and relaunch of Pingit as a product including the establishment of a new brand identity, refreshing the UI/UX across three platforms, and supporting digital content creation.
- Managed projects and products for pingit.com including domain acquisition, requirement specification, TOM, and deployment to live. Website traffic increased three-fold over the previous solution.
- Acted as the product manager for the award-winning and internationally acclaimed 'Social Integration' feature on Pingit. This introduced payments with Twitter handles and sharing functionality and was the first of its kind in the UK financial services industry. It was the most successful commercial campaign the product has ever seen since launch achieved ROI greater than 3,000%.
- Headed the business and commercial delivery of the launch product. Pingit on Windows had the highest customer rating across all the platforms. I led the inclusion of the Windows Pingit product in a £6 million marketing campaign which was the first of its kind implemented across Barclays Mobile products. As part of this, the first preloading contract in UK financial services history was negotiated with Microsoft returning an 81% increase in the number of open market registration for the product.
- Managed the offshore Islands Pingit customer base which has increased the potential customer base by circa 200,000. Worked with senior Island stakeholders to prepare for a high profile launch of the product across Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man.
- Led project management for UK domestic and international Trademark and Intellectual Property and have been involved in a number of litigation pursuits in protection of the product and multiple instances of strategic acquisition to ensure competitive product positioning.
Strategic Project and Governance Manager
Barclays Bank PLC
- Managed the project and delivery of IP Telephony into pilot branches.
- Led the development of a programme dependency mapping tool to introduce an enhanced ability to identify, capture, and manage interactions across a portfolio valued at over £20 million.
- Drove project engagement and PCI-DSS compliance for strategic obfuscation engine with the aim of reducing compliance risks of over £10 million.
- Developed the business case to document the operational efficiencies of relocating core service elements to Lithuania with a cost reduction of circa 50%.
- Dealt with high capital investment projects and associated funding requirements, business case development, financial planning, and solutions architecture.
Pingit Rebrand and Relaunchhttps://www.pingit.com/
Record website setup from for the UK banking market - complete in six weeks. App delivered 3X commercial opportunity.
Mobile App Supplier Migration
Within 3 months, ran at double release capacity. Within 9 months, doubled the release frequency and supporting monthly.
Pingit Social Integrationhttps://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/feb/25/barclays-to-allow-payments-with-twitter
It is the most successful commercial campaign the product has ever seen since launch achieved ROI greater than 3,000%.
MyVodafone Top Up
300% increase in monthly top-ups generating additional £500,000 top-up revenue per month from the app.
Vodafone and Feature Experience Uplift
Increased average Android release rating from 3.6 stars to 4.1. Increased average iOS release rating from 2.0 to 4.3.
Barclays Branch Network Connectivity
On time pilot delivery and 100% success rate for installations.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Science and Information Systems Studies
Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)