Verified Expert in Project Management
Christian is a value-driven servant leader with 7+ years of experience spearheading the adoption of Agile values, principles, and practices. He is adept at leading high-performing and multi-disciplinary teams from product development through successful product launches while leveraging Agile methodologies. Christian has proven ability in motivating, organizing, managing, and coaching Scrum teams across multiple locations, with a veritable track record of managing dynamic projects.
Senior Scrum Master/Coach
Deckers - Deckers US
- Coached and led a geographically dispersed team successfully through their agile transformation journey, guiding them from inception to maturity, resulting in the on-time delivery of an enterprise supply planning portal, increasing UX by 80%.
- Demonstrated exceptional coaching abilities by facilitating the adoption of Scrum within director-level and higher management teams, effectively addressing pushback and fostering a culture of agility within the organization.
- Implemented innovative coaching techniques and frameworks that led to a 20% reduction in development cycle times, significantly improving team productivity and enabling faster response to changing market demands.
- Spearheaded the development of multiple products, from concept to production release, by championing agile values, principles, and practices, resulting in enhanced product quality and accelerated time-to-market.
- Enabled the teams to achieve high performance and cross-disciplinary collaboration, leveraging agile methodologies, ultimately contributing to the organization's overall success and competitiveness.
- Assumed PM responsibilities successfully, meticulously tracking timelines and providing regular status updates to enterprise leaders. This proactive approach ensured transparency and alignment with key stakeholders, contributing to project success.
Capital One Financial
- Led the adoption of tools, artifacts, and ceremonies promoting a better investment in team productivity, communication, and autonomy.
- Oversaw training programs and facilitated workshops on the Scrum methodology and Agile framework for scrum masters, teams, and stakeholders.
- Performed maturity assessments to baseline the teams' performance and identify improvement opportunities. Guided the teams through the implementation of the necessary changes.
- Championed cultural change and collaborated with other coaches to accelerate and advance organizational transformation.
- Coached two geographically distributed Agile teams on team sprint goal alignment, addressed sprint progress, and encouraged consistent feedback.
- Spearheaded an initiative alongside product owners to introduce continuous integration into the product lifecycle.
- Guided and coached Scrum teams in enhancing planning and development processes, workload balancing, and managing dependencies.
Senior Scrum Master
Capital One Financial
- Facilitated and coordinated user story inter-dependency meetings across multiple Scrum teams to review and align the team's work to meet the delivery schedule.
- Educated and reinforced Scrum methodology and Agile framework to team members and stakeholders.
- Evaluated the metrics of two teams using Jira and identified improvement opportunities that increased performance by 15%.
- Worked with the development teams to ensure requirements and designs were completely understood while tracking key metrics through burndown, team velocity, backlog health, and defect summary reports, radiating progress to the team and stakeholders.
- Collaborated with and influenced all levels of the organization to empower and enable teams to execute the Agile framework.
- Coached product owners and other scrum masters on comprehending their roles and created a cohesive product vision that drew in the needs of multiple stakeholders to achieve buy-in and shared understanding.
- Increased the development team participation level in daily scrums from 75% to 100% and improved the team's morale through education and aggressive preemptive impediment removals, positively impacting velocity.
- Coordinated backlog grooming and refining sessions for ongoing sprints and advanced preparation for product owners for upcoming sprints.
- Worked with other scrum masters in launching the Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) quick start and coached teams on SAFe principles and guidelines.
- Executed brainstorming sessions with the development team and identified daily scrum activities and stand-ups.
- Utilized Jira to track and effectively communicate team velocity, burndown charts, and sprint release progress to the team.
- Removed impediments through consistent communications with the development team, observing behavior and interactions.
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and backlog refinements for 2-week sprint cycles emphasizing continual improvement.
- Created training documents and trained team members and leaders on Agile and Scrum principles, values, benefits, and other Agile frameworks like Kanban and SAFe.
- Worked with development teams to decompose user stories into tasks and take ownership of those tasks.
- Encouraged teams to consistently practice the core Agile principles of self-direction, collaboration, business prioritization, team accountability, and transparency to ensure consistent delivery of the working product.
- Facilitated weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items were estimated and ready for work per the product owners' priorities.
- Applied creative techniques in scrum ceremonies to coach development teams transitioning to Scrum in understanding and practicing agility, resulting in increased team performance and overall product quality.
- Created a full-scale project plan, including work breakdown structure, task dependence, task estimate, resource, and project milestones.
- Ensured project control procedures and policies as part of my role.
- Managed changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, up to date, and reflect authorized project changes.
- Tracked and managed project execution following the company's financial management practices.
- Estimated the required work effort, created resource plans, and adjusted program plans based on dependencies, capacity constraints, and time frames.
- Worked with other business and technical teams to establish processes to collect and share project status information efficiently.
- Analyzed customer data for market trends to maximize ROI using MS SQL and Tableau.
- Migrated data from source systems to the destination database using SSIS.
- Created stored procedures using MS SQL for fast and efficient queries.
- Used SQL aggregate functions to collect, aggregate, and segment data to make it usable by end users and stakeholders.
- Collaborated with stakeholders and users to ensure alignment with industry data standards and identify potential data gaps.
- Gathered requirements and orchestrated meetings to ensure project progress and standardized work execution.
- Documented data mappings from source to destination and maintained visible data lineage and associated logic.
- Built data models and database objects to store and maintain data.
- Ensured data governance rules were followed and met by all developers and analysts.
Capital One Apphttps://www.capitalone.com/digital/mobile/
Delivered a cloud-based feature that provides in-depth transaction insights for the Capital One app.
Express Scripts by Cignahttps://www.cigna.com/individuals-families/member-guide/home-delivery-pharmacy
Launched and maintained the release of Express Scripts by Cigna.
Oversaw the web maintenance and mobile gift-giving integration of Belk.com.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science
Middlesex College - Edison, NJ, USA
ICAgile Certified Professional - Agile Certified Coach (ICP-ACC)
ICAgile Certified Professional - Agile Team Facilitator (ICP-ATF)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA)
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring