Rapid Client Portal Implementation
Led a team to define and implement a rapid solution to meet an urgent business need for a state government department.
The business had an urgent and time-critical need to implement a web-portal-based solution, to allow business partners to view and manage clients on behalf of the department.
I led an initiative to rapidly define and implement a minimum viable product, which was delivered by the in-house business systems team. within the budget and time constraints we were given.
This initiative allowed the department to meet legislative requirements.
Full Lifecycle Package Implementation
Successfully provided business and technical leadership on the project from early lifecycle through to production release.
David was engaged as a principal business consultant, to provide experienced leadership to the product consultants and client business. In partnership with the client project manager, David had day-to-day project management responsibility, in defining the scope of work, planning and controlling the successful execution of that work, and structuring in continuous improvement of the project processes, through regular project ‘retrospective’ sessions.
The scope of the work included multiple small-to-large project cycles culminating in successful product releases to production. This work covered the full project lifecycle, from stage scope planning to requirements workshops with the business, through to requirements and use case definition, technical design and development, unit/system and user acceptance testing, production deployment planning and execution, to onsite rollout support. The functional scope included the implementation of a rule and evidence-based system for client intake and assessment, support planning, service provision acquittal, provider registration, and contract management.
Scoping and Analysis Activity - Hospitality Industry
Defined future state business processes for a hospitality industry client.
David led a team of eight consultants through a 3-month activity to capture as-is business processes, and design future state (to-be) processes for client, across three large properties in two states, to support a package implementation and business transformation activity.
Package Implementation for Federal Government
Led package implementation project from initial consultancy, through solution definition to implementation.
David led engagement with the client from an initial fit-for-purpose consultancy, with findings presented to the CIO, through a three-month solution definition activity, and in a consulting role through to solution implementation.
Mainframe Application Enhancement Project
Enhancement to a business-critical mainframe "core" application for capture and processing of Client customer orders.
Role involved management of the team, including
• Review and baseline of test project schedule
• Management of a team of between 3 - 9 (at various stages of the project), including negotiation for allocation of appropriate resources.
• Project issue, risk, dependency and action management for testing, including management of interface commitments to testing and test support.
• Customer management with respect to interaction with business user group for requirements and user acceptance testing, including handover presentation to a user group, and preparation of initial test summary documentation.
Web System Enhancement Project
Enhancement to a web-based workflow management system for client tickets of work using Websphere/Java-based technology.
Managed and prepared solution design estimates. Verified requirements through customer consultation. Documented detailed requirements (use cases and business rules) and liaised with the customer, design/development, and test to communicate, agree, and manage requirements through to delivery.
Client Server System Project
Managed multiple successful enhancement releases for a client order capture and processing system.
Enhanced an existing order capture and processing system for new customers moving to the telecommunications business.
• Defined customer business processes
• Defined functional requirements using various tools
• Supervised and led team in definition of major system enhancement
• Managed multiple design engagements, including logical and physical design work
• Drove process improvement
• Mentored project team members
• Constructed work breakdown structure, estimates, and schedule for construction, and tracked and reported using earned value techniques
Major Enhancement Project for Mission Critical System
Two-year, multimillion-dollar project to enhance and upgrade an existing mission-critical telecommunications client system.
As a project manager (including management of a portfolio of smaller applications with an ongoing program of maintenance and multiple enhancements), provided
• Support, maintenance, and enhancement of a large, mission-critical client-server system
• Evaluation and scoping of enhancement work, including joint requirements definition with customer
• Management of O/S and middleware software currency upgrade
• Production support activities, including problem investigation and resolution
• Leadership of a project team comprising up to 30 team members