Agile Product Manager2020 - 2020Optimize App
- Planned and implemented Aglie and Scrum ceremonies for the development team.
- Set up Jira scrum board and project for the team enacting the role of Jira Administrator.
- Set up Mixpanel, Google Analytics for product analytics with app events and user profiles.
- Created user cohorts and set up communication channels to reach out to app end-users based on event triggers.
- Conducted Agile and Scrum training sessions for team and trained developers to be certified as a scrum master.
Product Director2019 - 2020Apertum Online
- Designed and implemented a help desk solution with Chatbot, Zendesk KB, and chat integration to reduce missed customer service requests from 66% to 40% in four weeks.
- Led the development of the SportyBet Fantasy product offering for the African market.
- Managed a team of eight developers and product designers. Acted as Jira administrator and scrum master for the SportyBet help desk and fantasy products.
- Implemented Azure Active Directory for customer service agents and operation agent machines, which allowed agents to work out of any office and any desk on the company's network.
Technology and Platform Owner (JioPhone)2017 - 2019Reliance Jio Infocomm
- Acted as technical business owner for all JioPhone models, hardware, OS, App Store, apps, and new initiatives.
- Led the development of a micro-finance project. Over 4.5 million JioPhone devices were distributed with five million Jio payment bank accounts opened with one activation scheme using micro-financing with Rs. 10,000 crore loan disbursal each year.
- Led technical integration and deployment for the Rajasthan government with over five million devices distributed in under two months. Deployed three government apps on JioStore and the go-live of special Order2Activation journey for the user’s part.
- Managed the release cycle and process deployment of more than 50 apps on the JioPhone Jio Store. Reduced the service level agreement from five days to two days to go-live.
- Managed the usage growth of Jio apps on JioPhone (currently approximately 106 million users) with average daily active users of 39 million.
- Increased usage from 1.2 million daily active users to 11 million and monthly 40 million users pan India.
- Handled commercial discussions and the agreement closure for JioPhone apps and services offered. Achieved revenue targets of 30+ crore for fiscal year 19-20.
- Managed the release and distribution launch of JioPhone 2 and Jio Media Cable.
- Oversaw relationships with third-party applications such as WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube, Hotstar, ZEE5, and SonyLIV for JioStore on JioPhone.
CTO2016 - 2017BrandTouch & Analytics
- Acted as technical business owner for BrandTouch, Tryy.in, and all BrandTouch properties.
- Set up the IT infrastructure from scratch, including the hardware architecture, the software development process, and the company IT policy.
- Led Tryy.in, set up the POC, and developed the website and mobile web. Led the AWS set up along with code development using Laravel and AngularJS.
- Set up the architecture for the CMS, which included an eCommerce module, logistics, feedback, and analytics.
General Manager - Product and Marketing2016 - 2016Essel Utilities Distribution, Co. Ltd.
- Product-owned the Essel broadband app, a device that creates the digital services ecosystem. This includes the Android, Android TV, and iOS apps.
- Managed integrations across various categories such as app-to-app calling, video/voice, messaging, movies, music, games, live TV, flight and hotel booking, taxi services, healthcare, payments, news, education, dating, shopping, and IoT.
- Collaborated with 24+ alliance partners to integrate the app. These include Google, Amazon, Flipkart, PayU, Oxigen, Hungama Media, PayTM, Pine Labs, BookMyShow, Via.com, Uber, Ola, Spuul, HOOQ, InMobi, and Vserv amongst others.
- Finalized and brought on board an app and website development vendor resulting in over 80% savings in the development budget.
- Assisted in the set-top box hardware and software development. Created a one-of-a-kind TV box to convert any television to a Smart TV. Worked with vendors from China to prototype, test, and finalize the device.
Senior Product Manager2014 - 2016CouponDunia Media
- Managed the application with 2.8+ million downloads, over 500,000 monthly active users, and an app rating of 4.4 on the Android Play Store.
- Received the highest ranking of three in the lifestyle category for Android. Featured in the shopping category in the iOS App Store.
- Increased monthly active users from 350,000 to 500,000+ in two months by increasing user engagement.
- Led the revamp of the website and app for the introduction of a retail vertical. Redesigned the complete workflow for the offline vertical. Introduced features such as geo-fencing and mCoupon for CouponDunia with increased results in redemption.
- Oversaw design and wrote functional specifications for both Android and iOS apps. Introduced features to increase app engagement and user retention.
- Acted as the scrum master for the team, improved resource utilization, reduced product backlog, and ensured the team met product release deadlines.
- Analyzed the data on app usage by customers. Made product enhancements based on the data collected.
- Acted as the engineering manager for the app development team–managed the daily functions of the developers, assigning tasks, and managing timelines.
- Collaborated on the last-minute hotel booking app since its inception. Managed the business plan and marketing strategy. Involved with the branding agency on marketing strategy and brand development.
Product Manager2012 - 2014VMware AirWatch
- Implemented Agile methodology and transitioning from TFS to Jira across all R&D teams at AirWatch for a 500+ strong technology team.
- Implemented gamification for myAirWatch suite of portals (integration with Badgeville) for increasing customer engagement.
- Redesigned and implemented a complete support infrastructure for myAirWatch (integration with Zendesk).
- Oversaw the design and wrote functional specifications of products used by more than 6,000 clients. Developers used these functional specifications as a guideline to develop the product.
- Acted as a scrum master for the team. Tasks included improving resource utilization, reducing product backlog, and helping the team meet product release deadlines.
- Product owned SaaSWatch–an array of internal tools to help the SaaS operations team manage more than 200 environments with more than 850,000 devices.