Senior Program Manager (Contract)2018 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Managed World Wide Industry issue log. Analyzed and consolidated requirements from six WW industry teams to develop an enterprise product backlog that drives the go-to-market roadmap for Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics 365. Each item covering at least $10 million in customer impact. Industries covered are government, healthcare, financial services, education, retail, and manufacturing.
- Created and managed a process with Industry GMs to stack rank issues and develop a business case for consumption at the executive level. These issues are then tied to Microsoft sales pipeline data.
- Tracked progress from each product team. Consolidated information into a monthly deck and developed a dashboard to be reviewed by Microsoft senior leadership (Microsoft CEO and product EVPs).
Senior Technical Program Manager/SCRUM Master (Contract)2010 - 2018Microsoft
- Served as Technical Program Manager/Scrum Master for various multiyear engagements for Microsoft.
- Led up to five teams of 20 engineers, SAP consultants, test, and UX designers.
- Developed and ran a Supply Chain Center of Excellence in partnership with senior leadership. Designed and drove a program governance process, project metrics, and monitoring dashboards.
- Liaised with business program managers, external partners, and other program managers in a Scrum of Scrums setting regarding product roadmaps, release planning, requirements/stories, and project execution.
- Collaborated with release management, DevOps, IT-OPS, and support teams to plan and execute deployment and post-release support.
- Managed projects using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Worked on domains including big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, supply chain integration, and asset management.
- Coordinated with various internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with SOX, compliance with international privacy laws, and internal security standards.
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master2008 - 2010Minecode, LLC
- Served as Scrum Master for a team of 6-10 locally and remotely based developers and UX designers for a SharePoint consulting practice.
- Drove pre-project consulting, RFP responses, and project proposals. Supported account managers in client meetings to capture new business.
- Oversaw scope, timelines and budget forecasts, as well as delivering status updates and addressing risks and requirement changes.
- Successful projects included a Employee Information Self Service portal for Merck & Co, a public facing website and document management system for PeaceHealth, and a custom Multimedia Asset Management platform for Intel.
Regional Manager, Software Development and CRM Implementations2002 - 2008Sykes Enterprises
- Managed a multi-country 30-man software engineering department composed of project managers, business analysts, software engineers, database administrators, testers, and customer support staff. Worked with up to six concurrent projects. Typical deployments were for 10,000 end users.
- Implemented and led a regional project intake process in partnership with senior management and the corporate VP. Worked with an executive team in build, buy, or outsource decisions for their software needs.
- Successfully implemented software for a Lawson Financial System roll-out, SAP HR module roll-out, Time and Attendance and workforce management system, a homegrown Newton/Connector SAAS CRM implementation for Emerson and its subsidiaries, and a self-service IT support portal for Proctor and Gamble.
- Established and updated software architecture and software development life cycle guidelines.
- Mentored and coached junior software engineers and project managers. Responsible for department career growth plans and training road map for the APAC region.
Technical Consultant/Team Lead2000 - 2002MISNet Inc.
- Led a team of software developers and IT consultants in developing and deploying a budget tracking and reporting dashboard for the US Department of the Army in South Korea.
- Managed a team of UX designers and software engineers in multiple releases of the corporate website.
- Served as the Microsoft Official Curriculum Trainer for FrontPage, IIS, SQL, and web development courses.
Pre-Sales Consultant1999 - 1999ESI Inc
- Supported sales personnel and account managers in drafting proposals and providing technical expertise during sales meetings with clients.
- Developed a proof concept windows based front end that simplified an AS/400 application interface. Proof of concept was critical in closing $300,000 in sales.