Manuel Jose D. de Jesus
Verified Expert in Project Management
Manuel is a proven Technical Program Manager and Scrum Master with deep experience in Waterfall (PMI) and Agile methodologies from working in the technology and consulting industries. Manuel spent two years as a Microsoft Official Curriculum trainer, five years as a Developer and Lead/Architect before moving into Project Management. He has spent the last eight years as a TPM/Scrum Master for one of the largest software companies.
Senior Program Manager (Contract)
- Managed World Wide Industry issue log. Analyzed and consolidated requirements from six WW industry teams to develop an enterprise product backlog that drives the go-to-market roadmap for Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics 365. Each item covering at least $10 million in customer impact. Industries covered are government, healthcare, financial services, education, retail, and manufacturing.
- Created and managed a process with Industry GMs to stack rank issues and develop a business case for consumption at the executive level. These issues are then tied to Microsoft sales pipeline data.
- Tracked progress from each product team. Consolidated information into a monthly deck and developed a dashboard to be reviewed by Microsoft senior leadership (Microsoft CEO and product EVPs).
Senior Technical Program Manager/SCRUM Master (Contract)
- Served as Technical Program Manager/Scrum Master for various multiyear engagements for Microsoft.
- Led up to five teams of 20 engineers, SAP consultants, test, and UX designers.
- Developed and ran a Supply Chain Center of Excellence in partnership with senior leadership. Designed and drove a program governance process, project metrics, and monitoring dashboards.
- Liaised with business program managers, external partners, and other program managers in a Scrum of Scrums setting regarding product roadmaps, release planning, requirements/stories, and project execution.
- Collaborated with release management, DevOps, IT-OPS, and support teams to plan and execute deployment and post-release support.
- Managed projects using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Worked on domains including big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, supply chain integration, and asset management.
- Coordinated with various internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with SOX, compliance with international privacy laws, and internal security standards.
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Served as Scrum Master for a team of 6-10 locally and remotely based developers and UX designers for a SharePoint consulting practice.
- Drove pre-project consulting, RFP responses, and project proposals. Supported account managers in client meetings to capture new business.
- Oversaw scope, timelines and budget forecasts, as well as delivering status updates and addressing risks and requirement changes.
- Successful projects included a Employee Information Self Service portal for Merck & Co, a public facing website and document management system for PeaceHealth, and a custom Multimedia Asset Management platform for Intel.
Regional Manager, Software Development and CRM Implementations
- Managed a multi-country 30-man software engineering department composed of project managers, business analysts, software engineers, database administrators, testers, and customer support staff. Worked with up to six concurrent projects. Typical deployments were for 10,000 end users.
- Implemented and led a regional project intake process in partnership with senior management and the corporate VP. Worked with an executive team in build, buy, or outsource decisions for their software needs.
- Successfully implemented software for a Lawson Financial System roll-out, SAP HR module roll-out, Time and Attendance and workforce management system, a homegrown Newton/Connector SAAS CRM implementation for Emerson and its subsidiaries, and a self-service IT support portal for Proctor and Gamble.
- Established and updated software architecture and software development life cycle guidelines.
- Mentored and coached junior software engineers and project managers. Responsible for department career growth plans and training road map for the APAC region.
Technical Consultant/Team Lead
- Led a team of software developers and IT consultants in developing and deploying a budget tracking and reporting dashboard for the US Department of the Army in South Korea.
- Managed a team of UX designers and software engineers in multiple releases of the corporate website.
- Served as the Microsoft Official Curriculum Trainer for FrontPage, IIS, SQL, and web development courses.
- Supported sales personnel and account managers in drafting proposals and providing technical expertise during sales meetings with clients.
- Developed a proof concept windows based front end that simplified an AS/400 application interface. Proof of concept was critical in closing $300,000 in sales.
Supply Chain Integration Platform (Microsoft)
Built and led an IT Center of Excellence for Supply Chain Integration within Microsoft. Mitigated $2 billion SOX risk.
Integration Platform program with a yearly “new features” and “break-fix” budget in the 7 figures. Drove end to
end software delivery lifecycle for the Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations supply chain integration
Features include end-to-end tracking of data center hardware from demand generation, order creation, order confirmation by supplier, shipment date, delivery tracking, received date, deployment, and asset transfers/retirement.
MCIO Supply Chain Platform involves over $1 billion worth of Data Center hardware procurement transactions
yearly in over 50 countries.
Reduced data center onboarding process in 50 countries for Data Center hardware procurement from 1 quarter to 48 hours.
Efficiently managed the deployment of new helper tools involving several Enterprise Platforms composed of SAP,
MS Market, BizTalk, MS Dynamics, and several others.
Led business engagement with IT-OPS and Dev-Ops teams
in establishing and meeting service level agreements.
Project Apollo (Microsoft)
Built an integrated software and hardware prototype utilizing Microsoft Cloud VIsion, Chat, and Cortana AI technologies.
Managed product roadmap. Developed proof of concept prototypes and deployed them with technical preview participants. Designed and implemented program logistics, metrics documentation, schedule and processes
Served as TPM/scrum master for two teams of seven engineers, UX designers, testers, and AI researchers.
Leveraged, C#, SQL, and Power BI skills to perform data analysis, develop a proof of concept features, and track product telemetry metrics. Maintain product dashboard for Microsoft internal dogfood teams and five technical preview partners
Perform market analysis and business model validation.
Vanguard Anti-Piracy Platform (Microsoft)
Migrated the Vanguard Anti-piracy platform from a rule-based to a machine learning engine.
Established daily standups, Kanban boards, backlog grooming, work item breakouts/sizing, Sprint Burn-Down/Burn-up, and other agile practices. Served as Sharepoint and VSTF administrator.
Antipiracy services covered the protection of 200 terabytes of customer and product data. Business partners
included Windows 10, Office, Office 365, and Azure product lines.
Managed the anti-piracy dashboard customer support process. Understand issues for routing with proper DevOps
engineers and follow items to resolution.
Newton CRM Implementations (Sykes)
Managed several major releases of an internally developed Newton CRM software for a BPO company
CRM handled both inbound and outbound services. Modules included, issue and ticket tracking, product support knowledge base, warranty information, replacement ordering and tracking, inbound call integration, and sales support.
Migrated from a VB6 to a .Net web-based solution to support faster releases.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Organizational Communications
University of the Philippines Manila - Manila, Philippines
Certified Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)