Verified Expert in Project Management
Patrick's passion is helping organizations turn strategic visions into reality, and he has done so from small businesses to enterprise organizations such as Fidelity and Ticketmaster. He has 20+ years of PM experience serving various industries using Waterfall and Agile. He is PMP and CSM certified. Patrick has extensive experience designing and implementing PM best practices and standards, coaching, and establishing PMOs. He has also facilitated strategic planning for multiple organizations.
- Managed all aspects of the organization, including strategic direction, business development, P&L, and the PMO.
- Implemented Agile project management best practices with Jira and Confluence for a team of data scientists developing an analytics product within one of the largest consulting companies in the world.
- Developed an enterprise IT PMO for a global manufacturing organization while personally overseeing the planning for the organization's ERP adoption.
- Facilitated strategic planning for a financial organization's legal and compliance team, then guided the implementation of that plan for federal compliance. Established program and project management processes during the organization's agile adoption.
- Developed an IT system roadmap for a national education organization and subsequently led the modernization of their primary application.
- Consulted with a local IT managed services provider on establishing a new line of business around information security services.
- Led a medical device manufacturer's database migration to the cloud.
Executive Director, Office of Project Management
Commonwealth of Kentucky via NTT Data
- Established the enterprise PMO for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, identifying over $1 billion in active IT projects, including technologies such as infrastructure, Salesforce, ServiceNow, OnBase, COTS implementations, internal development, and so on.
- Recognized by NASCIO as one of three finalists for their 2020 Enterprise IT Management Initiatives award.
- Established PM standards and conducted ongoing, targeted training of project managers.
- Increased CIO awareness of IT project status from quarterly updates on the percentage completed and percentage of budget spent to monthly reporting on detailed project health, schedule milestones, risks, issues, financial details, etc.
- Facilitated the strategic planning process for the organization and established the ongoing mechanism for tracking progress against the strategic initiatives.
- Established a CMMI-based project management maturity scorecard at the organizational level.
- Implemented the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program.
- Implemented an IT project prioritization process, including the business case and ROI.
- Established a portal for project managers to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Performed deep dives into projects, as necessary, to set direction, course correct, and so on.
Director of Consulting Services | PMO Director
- Responsible for the profitability of the Consulting Services Group (primarily ethical hackers and compliance consultants) including management of staff and driving business development efforts.
- Exceeded growth targets for the Consulting Services Group (grew from $500,000 in annual revenue to $2.7 million in annual revenue in two years).
- Led PMO and oversaw the internal and client-facing projects across the organization while implementing PM standards based upon Agile concepts.
Claraview, A Division of Teradata
- Served as project manager for the development of a statewide longitudinal data system to consolidate data across the P-20 environment.
- Provided subject matter expertise on an assessment of the USPS' use of their enterprise data warehouse.
- Served as a project manager to implement a data warehouse of customer data for Live Nation/Ticketmaster.
IT Project Manager
Veritude | Fidelity Investments
- Served as a project manager for three parallel IT projects.
- Coordinated the needs of multiple Fidelity Systems stakeholders and business groups.
- Provided input into Fidelity's project management best practices.
IT Project Manager
- Managed the bidding, contract negotiation, transition planning and on-boarding of a new Service Desk and Desktop Support vendor, as part of a team performing a holistic re-bidding of Lexmark's IT vendors.
- Integrated the needs of Lexmark's IT Operations department into Lexmark's overall project management process.
- Turned around a state agency's application development shop by taking 12 applications from concept to production in under two years after the agency failed to implement any applications during the previous two years with a comparable staff.
Bluegrass Signature Web Design
- Operated all aspects of the company on a full-time basis as of 2002, after starting the company on a part-time basis.
- Developed websites for local and regional small businesses.
- Performed all company operational functions such as sales, marketing, and financials.
IT Project Manager
- Served as a state agency's first webmaster to organize and standardize 19 individual websites with the agency.
- Implemented the agency's first website standards and coached other webmasters on compliance with the standards.
- Contributed to state-wide website standards being established.
Project Manager | Senior Consultant
- Developed a project management guidebook for a financial company’s IT department.
- Performed an organization pre-assessment for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) impact for the University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center (UKCMC).
- Served as project manager for a variety of the Year 2000 remediation efforts, including for all medical devices and facilities at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.
Establish an Enterprise PMO for the State of Kentucky
Increased awareness of IT projects from about $350 million to more than $1 billion while improving transparency into the health of individual projects.
Establish Project Management Best Practices for a Financial Organization's Legal & Compliance Staff
Defined, implemented, and trained the legal and compliance staff on project management best practices that were tailored to their organization, in the midst of the broader organization's Agile adoption.
Established a PMO for a Local IT Managed Services Provider
Established a process for categorizing work as a service request or a project and implemented project management as a discipline for project work, including as a line item in SOWs and establishing processes, KPIs, and reporting for all project work.
Microsoft Project SME for the TestGorilla Examhttps://www.testgorilla.com/test-library/software-skills-tests/microsoft-project-test/
Created 200 test questions on Microsoft Project for the creation of TestGorilla's first Microsoft Project exam.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and Marketing
University of Kentucky - Lexington, KY
Certified Scrum Master
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring