Verified Expert in Project Management
Ross has over 10 years of experience in IT project management using the Agile methodology for software and iOS and Android applications development. He has contributed to both small entrepreneurial startups and multimillion-dollar eCommerce projects. Ross is an expert in creating and managing Scrum teams and project plans for clients across the SDLC while ensuring resources are properly allocated, sprints are accurately planned, the scope is continually maintained, and the budget is controlled.
Jira and Confluence Administrator
- Collaborated with TechOps through discovery to understand the team's requirements and build a Jira service management system to act as a helpdesk for an AI incubator at Elevance.
- Worked daily with various project managers, Scrum masters, and program managers to understand their teams' challenges and help streamline Jira's processes, workflows, and automation rules to meet their needs.
- Served as a Confluence administrator for Elevance. Migrated all teams from Confluence Server to the Cloud, helped build Confluence spaces, updated permissions, and maintained consistency between Jira projects and their respective Confluence spaces.
Agile Project Manager
Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer
- Project managed distributed developers to build a construction equipment analysis tool by building a project roadmap, conducting daily/weekly agile ceremonies and stakeholder status meetings, empowering the team to deliver testable functionality every two-week sprint cycle, and leading UAT sessions with stakeholders to record and prioritize bugs and enhancements to be added to future sprints.
- Served as a project manager and business analyst to a team building a dealer sales coverage tool by creating end-to-end business requirements, managing an overall roadmap and project plan, working with third party vendors, serving as the liaison between the development team and stakeholders, and leading weekly UAT sessions which resulted in an extensive V2 wish list and prioritized backlog.
Leading Internet and Cloud Services Company
- Implemented a dynamic Jira service desk portal for customers to submit potential changes they would like implemented on the platform. This included custom workflows, issue types, dynamic forms, and custom fields and notification schemes.
- Created a change management workflow in Jira which included the creation of custom fields, conditional workflows, and approvals based on custom user groups.
- Worked hand-in-hand with team members to discuss requirements and provided ongoing support to project managers and executives.
- Served as the client-facing project manager for an Episerver eCommerce Agency by creating and managing scrum teams and project plans through the discovery, implementation, testing, and maintenance phases of the project while ensuring resources were properly allocated, sprints were accurately planned, scope was continually maintained, roadblocks were uncovered and resolved, and budget was controlled.
- Implemented agile practices and events company-wide, thus allowing clients as well as other team members to become proficient in the use of agile methodologies and understanding the importance and benefits of adopting these practices.
Project Manager | Scrum Master
Fulcrum Labs, Inc. (Adapt Courseware)
- Oversaw the development of a new e-learning platform and iOS application using Agile practices throughout the entirety of the SDLC, from planning through deployment.
- Managed a 30+ team including developers, QA, and design resources while maintaining a project plan ensuring that all milestones and sprint goals were met, the business value was maximized, and testable functionality was delivered within every two-week sprint cycle.
- Served as a scrum master by implementing and managing Agile practices company-wide (e.g., daily scrums, sprint planning, and sprint retrospective meetings) and created a Jira/Confluence platform to track development features. Also, worked with senior management for all of our clients to ensure they understood the agile process to ensure a smooth transition.
- Managed the development of a new SAT and ACT prep platform for Chegg Inc. by leading Chegg’s senior management in idea generation breakout sessions, creating user stories for functionality, executing sprint planning sessions with an offshore dev team, developing/maintaining a product roadmap and project plan, tracking dev progress via burndown charts, and presenting progress to stakeholders.
Moving Interactive Inc. (Reader's Digest)
- Project managed the development of ReadersDigest.com and migration of their site to Wordpress through agile practices. Record-breaking traffic seen upon launch of the new ReadersDigest.com.
- Created bi-weekly sprint plans, tracked progress using Redmine, created weekly status reports, conducted weekly status meetings, and created QA scripts.
- Developed business requirements for Reader's Digest's new company initiatives such as integration with other sites, creation of marketing widgets, SEO optimization, and CMS improvements for editors.
- Project managed Reader’s Digest development of mobile applications from inception through launch by managing the content creation and hierarchy, design, development, and tracking of various paid and free Mobile Applications: Jokes & Funny True Stories, Easy Meals, and Home Remedies. Specifically, the Reader’s Digest Jokes & Funny True Stories app received record-breaking results for the client reaching over 200,000 downloads within the first month and was later acquired by Canada and developed additionally on the Android platform.
- Project managed Reader's Digest's Facebook Application - Life: The Reader's Digest Version. Led stakeholders in brainstorming sessions for Facebook application ideas, process flows, and content creation, managed the development throughout the entire SDLC, and conducted AB testing for various design initiatives. Life: The Reader’s Digest Version received widespread appeal with celebrity endorsers and thousands of nationwide and international story submissions.
Marketing Readiness Project Manager | Business Analyst
Moving Interactive Inc. (Universal Orlando)
- Created the promotional strategy and documentation for a company-wide approach for classification and inputting personalized promotions into a Tridion-based content management system.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews to gather business requirements needed for an eCommerce reporting and alerts system throughout Universal Orlando and presented findings and solutions to various stakeholders.
- Held weekly meetings with the Universal Orlando marketing department to provide status and discuss potential risks to meeting deadlines.
- Created and conducted in-park tests related to the user interface and purchasing behaviors of users, compiled and summarized results, and presented findings to stakeholders that impacted the final design of the website.
Built a change request workflow in Jira and an idea submission workflow in Jira service desk for a leading internet company.
Created a change management workflow in Jira which included the creation of custom fields, conditional workflows, approvals based on custom user groups.
Living Spaces (Luminos Labs)https://www.livingspaces.com
Managed the re-platforming of Living Spaces' website to Episerver and delivered the project on time and within budget.
Facilitated a multi-day discovery session to understand and document the needs of the client. Composed user stories, a roadmap, and a SOW as deliverables to this discovery session.
Served as the client-facing point of contact for all aspects of the project from discovery through maintenance.
Adapt Courseware (Fulcrum Labs)http://www.fulcrumlabs.ai
Handled the end-to-end project management of the build of a new multimillion-dollar e-learning platform.
Served as the scrum master by implementing Agile practices within our scrum teams and working with senior management for all our clients to ensure a smooth Agile transition company-wide.
Configured Jira from out of the box to meet our development and client needs and provided training on Jira and Confluence company-wide.
Master's Degree in International Business
University of Florida - Florida
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration-Marketing
University of Florida - Florida
Agile with Atlassian Jira Certification
Professional Product Owner Certification (PSPO 1)
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)