Verified Expert in Project Management
Terry has over 20 years of proven project delivery expertise, leading successful outcomes across a range of geographies and industries. He's led small and large agile programs in enterprise and startups, including scrum coaching and education. He has a customer-centric work ethic and focuses on value from 15 years with top-tier consulting firms, servicing new businesses through to global companies. He's SAFe, scrum and PMP certified.
Agile Project Manager and Scrum Coach
- Acted as project lead for the successful implementation of Business Australia's MS Dynamics 365 CRM within the "Chamber 2.0" digital transformation program.
- Delivered via adapted scrum, responsible for all scrum ceremonies, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and delivery. MVP live in Feb 2020, to-date a further 15 releases via weekly sprints.
- Led a cross-functional team of 13 across three timezones.
- Owned the traditional core PM items of budget, communications, scope, and commercial management.
- Responsible for the education of business stakeholders in agile/iterative delivery benefits and ways of working.
Agile Program Delivery Leader
Ernst & Young: Advisory
- Created and oversaw agile program planning, including success factors, implementation plan, schedules, and budget.
- Facilitated and led all routine ceremonies as scrum master and coach.
- Facilitated program and project initiation workshops, focussing on value identification, and prioritization. I was the focal point for program communications to client executive and delivery team.
- Led the initial then ongoing backlog Item identification, grooming and estimating with my PO and team.
- Owned and focused on proactive and responsive impediment remediation, and velocity optimization.
- Client focal point for firm lead for combined, cross-functional team, client stakeholder and project communications.
Projects Portfolio and Scrum Lead
Caltex Australia, Ltd.
- Owned the delivery of technology projects for the Fuels Manufacturing and Distribution divisions, fulfilling multiple scrum duties (Iteration Manager, agile project manager, scrum master) and program manager duties.
- Oversaw as lead agile coach the expansion of scrum within Caltex, including novice team member induction and training, and continual agile process and effectiveness improvement.
- Led the discovery phases for all projects, including analysis of product owner and other stakeholder needs, the creation of epics and stories, and implementation planning. All such projects progressed into successful implementation.
- Managed diverse and dispersed teams (Australia, India, UK) comprising of permanent, contractor, and vendor personnel. Built effective rapport, delivery quality, and velocity.
- Owned the relationships with executive stakeholders and sponsors, assured that implementation work effectively met agreed objectives, formal scope, and anticipated needs.
- Integrated the portfolio's delivery scope into partner teams, including digital, integration, and infrastructure.
- Planned forward the portfolio to align with Caltex's strategic initiatives.
- Hands-on leadership of concurrent projects' scrum execution, including ceremonies, impediment rectification, and backlog grooming.
- Responsible for platform rollout across four countries including localised process impact assessment and change management.
- Delivered mobile apps to trace and report the progression and transport of customers' fuel deliveries across Australia, and to plan, optimize, and allocate work to aircraft refuellers at six airports.
Program Lead and Agile PM
NBN Co, Ltd.
- Led the delivery of the HFC Orion program, bringing the construction of IT services to support the migration of the Optus (Singtel) HFC data network into Australia's new national broadband network.
- Ran the program analysis, definition, and prioritization of projects, design, and enactment of cross-organization governance.
- Responsible for the delivery of the program, including the determination of the most suitable delivery mode (scrum or waterfall), and the management of complex issues arising between the two organizations.
- Played a key role in NBN Co's transformation from a Waterfall project company into a fully Agile and continuous improvement organization.
- Oversaw the budget definition, funding acquisition, and control across the various concurrent delivery efforts.
Delivery Lead, Associate Partner, and Consultant
IBM Global Business Services, Ltd.
- Led numerous projects and programs for the client across the Asia-Pacific market. Responsible for client success and the achievement of IBM business metrics.
- Formulated and delivered the billing, and CRM platform infrastructure at Vodafone.
- Delivered the business process systems for the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Implemented HR self-service and security capability at Qantas.
- Introduced kanban as a means for managing small change and sales activities.
Agile Project Manager and Scrum Coach
Delivered MS Dynamics 365 CRM within the broader digital transformation program. MVP in Feb 2020 followed by 15 increments.
Iteration Lead and Scrum Master: Core Banking Cloud Migration Design and Planning
Led the planning and design for a leading Australian bank's migration into an Azure, cloud-based open banking platform.
Program Manager and Scrum Master: Bank Customer Onboarding
Implemented the Westpac Institutional Bank's new customer workflow via Scrum.
Delivery Lead and Scrum Master: Airport Fueling Optimization
Led the requirements discovery, the selection of COTS software and vendor, and the completion of the pilot project.
Delivery Lead and Scrum Master: Mobile Driver and Delivery Track and Trace
Delivered a mobile app to track fuel delivery driver and individual payload progress and status.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Tasmania - Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Certified SAFe Agilist
Certified Scrum Master
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)