Founder | Software Developer2010 - PRESENTHookes Electric Limited
Technologies: SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Database Architecture, Azure Data Factory, SharePoint, Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), Dimensional Modeling, Pivot Tables, Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Gathered system requirements through end-user collaboration.
- Wrote data-related documentation such as file descriptions and definitions, entity relationships and attributes, and more.
- Built new database objects like procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, and views using T-SQL in a development and production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- Implemented indexes on tables and views for optimum performance tuning.
- Designed CTEs for code management in complex stored procedures.
- Contributed to dimensional data modeling and storyboarding ETL processes.
- Designed the ETL process using SQL Server 2008 SSIS Packages which the data sources include flat files, Access, and Excel.
- Created SSIS packages for loading the data from various sources involving flat-file and Oracle tables.
- Wrote custom T-SQL stored procedures and triggers to improve performance, preserve referential integrity, and provide additional application functionality.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL code, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins, and created indexes wherever necessary with profiler and execution plans.
Data Engineer - ADF2021 - 2022Commonwealth Financial Network
Technologies: Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure DevOps, GitHub, Confluence, Python 3, Dimensional Modeling, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Database Performance, Database Modeling
- Migrated data from files and Microsoft SQL Server into Snowflake.
- Developed Azure Data Factory pipelines for ETL orchestration.
- Designed and developed SSIS ETL packages to stage CSV files and load them into different tables on SQL Server.
- Created tables, views, functions, and stored procedures on Snowflake.
- Developed process to pull records from SQL Server into Azure Blob storage.
Data Engineer2021 - 2022Chi/Donahoe
Technologies: Python 3, Scripting, APIs, Data Migration, Webhook, JSON, SQL, Heroku, Airtable
- Developed a script hosted on Heroku that pulls and sanitizes data from Kira and imports that data into the Airtable base.
- Developed script that pulled only new/updated data on a nightly basis on the command issued.
- Configured a webhook to trigger events on database updates like rebuilding the website.
Power BI Developer2021 - 2022Dentsu U.S.
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Excel 2016, Dimensional Modeling, Database Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Recreated published Tableau dashboards in Power BI.
- Built highly interactive Power BI template dashboards.
- Created new Power BI dashboards using data received from clients on a monthly basis.
- Helped set up the Power BI infrastructure and administration.
- Gave recommendations on licensing and role-based access.
Power BI Data Engineer2020 - 2022Defy Medical LLC
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, Dimensional Modeling, Database Performance, Database Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Helped reorganize some data and create some views with information from customers and products.
- Developed and deployed Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Implemented row-level security to control users' access.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve data from multiple databases and also improve report performance.
SharePoint Expert2021 - 2021A2 Global Risk
Technologies: SharePoint 365, Office 365, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power BI, Excel 2016, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft Power Automate, SharePoint, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Helped set up the foundations of a new SharePoint site.
- Created default pages, set up security, and followed industry best practices.
- Helped migrate content from the old PHP site to SharePoint.
- Created Power Automate tasks for email scheduling and reporting purposes.
- Created reports and dashboards that were embedded on the SharePoint site.
Tableau Developer2021 - 2021BCG
Technologies: Tableau, Tableau Server, PostgreSQL
- Developed Tableau dashboards for analyzing sales data.
- Modified existing Tableau dashboards to improve user experience.
- Met with stakeholders and business users to discuss requirements.
SharePoint and .NET Developer2020 - 2021Juno Risk Solutions Inc.
- Developed, deployed, and sustained a solution in the client’s E3 instance of Microsoft’s Azure and Office 365 cloud services.
- Provided recommendations on databases, programming languages, and configuration of SharePoint.
- Performed deployment and configuration of the database, including all required tables and attributes.
- Developed a user interface and built and configured screens for the internal and external portal in SharePoint.
- Worked with the client's third-party partner to ensure that the developed RESTful API for exchanging information is functioning as expected.
Database Developer2019 - 2021Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Access, Data Architecture, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Modeling, Databases, SQL, Azure Data Factory, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Database Performance, Database Modeling
- Automated and redesigned a massive spreadsheet process that connects with several downstream systems in order to make it more efficient and reduce the amount of manual work involved.
- Designed and architected the data model. Set up the Azure server and databases and created ETL processes for data migration.
- Advised on the best database system suited for the front-end application.
- Created Web APIs to expose service and data endpoints using C# and ASP.NET (MVC 5 and Web API 2).
Business Intelligence Consultant2018 - 2021Valore Partners
Technologies: ETL, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, DAX, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Windows PowerShell, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Databricks, PySpark, Dimensional Modeling, Pivot Tables, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Database Performance, Database Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Implemented configuration tables at the reporting end with an SQL database to support the increasing demand for customized solutions for the business.
- Managed and was responsible for multiple business intelligence architectures. Implemented dimensional modeling, developed data warehouses, and created ETL processes.
- Built tabular cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Authored reports and dashboards using Excel, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Mentored and supported junior developers to get them up to speed.
- Led business intelligence architectural meetings with developers and business owners.
- Replicated existing OLTP data to Azure Managed Instance using transactional replication.
- Provided dimensional modeling training to clients. Created and deployed SSAS (tabular) model to enhance reporting.
- Ensured that the ETL architecture met best practices and the latest trends. Completed and deployed an SSIS master-child ETL package in Azure.
- Implemented initial loading using SSIS and growth sizing. Implemented incremental loading using change data capture (CDC) within SSIS.
SharePoint Developer2019 - 2020Complete Practice Resource
Technologies: Office 365, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, Python 3, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Power Apps
- Updated and overhauled an existing SharePoint site from an on-premise solution to SharePoint Online.
- Maintained Active Directory and Office 365 users within Azure.
- Migrated users and client data from on-premise to Azure.
Power BI Developer and Consultant2019 - 2019Data Masons
Technologies: Dynamics CRM 365, Office 365, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft Power BI, Spark SQL, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Helped with some EDI integration and compliance management.
- Developed Power BI reports and dasboards by replicating data from client-server applications, then deployed to a hosted solution offering.
- Helped implement a robust Power BI architecture. Also helped to set up Power BI infrastructure within the organization.
Datorama/Tableau Business Analyst and Developer2019 - 2019Crossbeat New York
Technologies: Qualtrics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Tableau, Datorama, Redshift
- Worked on a part-time basis as a marketing data analyst and developer, helping the client continue developing their Datorama and Tableau dashboard.
- Contributed to the integration and analysis of Google and Facebook ads.
- Performed data analysis using Excel and built metrics that aided better business decisions.
- Designed and developed ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx used by the BI reporting tool.
Tableau Expert2019 - 2019Integrated Insight (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Data Visualization, Tableau, Database Performance
- Built visualization dashboards using Tableau and Alteryx for the ETL workflow.
- Extracted, cleansed, and transformed data from an Excel spreadsheet into Tableau.
- Designed and created data visualizations that help to analyze current market trends.
- Translated business logic from Excel and SQL into Alteryx.
Microsoft SQL Server and Node.js Senior Developer2019 - 2019Yodata (via Toptal)
Technologies: Express.js, Node.js, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Modeling, Redshift
- Created an ETL service to extract and transform real estate CRM data into a JSON event-log format.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to extract data from Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created Node.js applications using the Express.js framework.
- Oversaw the performance tuning of the queries and deployment.
- Ran queries against Amazon Redshift, scheduling queries and managing clusters.
Power BI Developer2019 - 2019IQZone (via Toptal)
Technologies: Bitbucket, Azure, R, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Wrote Power BI reports both at detailed and summary levels.
- Created custom data transformation and visualizations using R.
- Implemented Power BI report versioning to keep track of changes.
Power BI and Software Developer2019 - 2019Triyam, LLC (via Toptal)
- Created an embedded Power BI architecture such that different users have access to specific reports.
- Implemented row and role level security to restrict report access based on the role.
- Created a .NET based web application with Power BI embedded reports.
- Set up active directory accounts within Azure to manage dozens of users.
- Created Power BI reports and improved the performance of existing reports.
Business Intelligence Consultant2019 - 2019Hospice of the Valley
Technologies: Python, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Jira, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Extracted and consolidated real-time and historical data from both legacy and current systems into an operational data store (ODS).
- Created data marts for different business areas to accelerate business processes. The results were several highly performant SSAS tabular models specific to each subject area which were later used in creating the Power BI reports.
- Built a well-designed and pilot-tested security model which the organization can use as a framework to build out an overarching security model for controlling access to visualizations and data.
- Developed several interactive Power BI reports, which provided a better and unlimited experience than older static reports.
Microsoft Power BI Developer2019 - 2019Linksbridge SPC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Web API, Azure, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Postman, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Automated data extraction from web pages using web API calls.
- Created Power BI reports and dashboards as part of my role.
- Implemented row-level security and set up an active directory within Azure.
- Created and deployed embedded Power BI reports and set up permissions to those reports to allow only authorized access.
Power BI and Software Developer2019 - 2019Digital Asset Capital (via Toptal)
- Standardized and normalized datasets, created calculations and KPIs to power the analytics, and created a structured story that provides visibility across the organization.
- Scraped data from hundreds of web pages and stored the extracted data into a MariaDB database.
- Developed automated API calls to extract data from charts and webpages, which are then stored in the database for advanced analytics.
- Cleansed, structured, and standardized the dataset and created relationships and hierarchies to support consistency in analytics and visualizations.
- Created interactive charts and visualizations using D3.js and Highcharts.
- Built analytical visuals embedded into web apps using Power BI.
- Supported client-facing interfaces using the DevExpress UI controls and Bootstrap.
- Utilized the Entity Framework for object-relational mapping to database entities.
- Utilized Power BI and DevExpress Controls for reporting.
Business Intelligence Consultant2018 - 2018Harkins Theatres
Technologies: TFS, C#, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Developed a transactional replication implementation allowing for near real-time data replication and accurate change data capturing.
- Built an on-demand ETL transforming over a dozen source systems into a data warehouse dimensional model.
- Delivered a production data warehouse, including an SSAS semantic layer used for Power BI reporting.
Freelance Tableau and Data Expert2018 - 2018Toptal Project
Technologies: Tableau, SQL
- Worked with an internal Toptal team to build 20+ interactive dashboards in Tableau for key performance indicators; this included working with various data sources.
- Developed data integrity solutions by investigating existing databases and identifying data integrity issues—both human error and system inadequacies.
- Executed solutions by working with the team to suggest optimizations to the system as needed. This included suggesting new system processes and set up.
Senior SQL and Business Intelligence Developer2016 - 2018CVS Health
Technologies: T-SQL, Tableau, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), C#, .NET, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server
- Developed basic-to-complex SQL queries to extract data from both structured and unstructured sources.
- Aided in the SQL Server and SSIS migration from 2008 version to 2014.
- Wrote basic-to-complex queries to create SSRS, Excel, PowerBI and Tableau reports from SSAS cubes.
- Created data and dimensional models for OLTP and OLAP applications.
- Wrote different documentation for every project executed.
- Built SSIS packages for extracting data from multiple databases—Oracle, SQL server—transforming the extracted data by applying relevant business logic and loading the transformed data into their final destinations.
- Optimized the query performance by applying simple tuning techniques like creating indexes and rewriting poor-performing queries.
- Collaborated with the QA team to design simple but effective technical specifications and test cases.
- Worked with the business analysts to adequately understand and implement business requirements.
- Interacted with end clients to help them understand their requests and meet their expectations.
Senior SQL | Business Intelligence Developer2015 - 2016MISOM Technologies
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, C#, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL
- Interfaced with business analysts and customers to develop business requirements and translate them into functional specifications and design documents.
- Developed implementation and test plans for ETL solutions/data acquisition strategies to support the data needs of enterprise data warehouses and reporting applications.
- Performed dimensional modeling for building facts and dimensions for data warehouses.
- Wrote T-SQL scripts and SSIS packages to load and update data into the data warehouse.
- Built SSAS cubes. Scheduled the delivery of several reports to multiple users through Subscriptions in different formats like Excel, PDF, and text.
- Performed database administrative tasks such as backing up databases, maintaining indexes, creating SQL agent jobs, and scheduling such jobs.
- Wrote unit test cases to test ETL packages as per functional requirements. Created web applications using ASP.NET and C#.NET.
- Created simple-to-complex stored procedures and functions used on front-end applications.
- Performed schema comparison between development and test and pre-production servers.
- Created ad-hoc, parameterized, drill down, and drill-through reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Report Manager. Developed dashboard solutions for reporting and published the dashboards onto the web pages.
Senior SQL and Business Intelligence Consultant2015 - 2015CVS Health
Technologies: HTML, C#, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit a new business requirement and implemented the new design into the SQL Server 2008 R2/2012.
- Was actively involved in the installation, operational, and performance qualification document design.
- Wrote TSQL scripts and complex stored procedures to implement the business needs and to support the front-end applications.
- Created SSIS packages for implementing different types of business logic.
- Built indexes to reduce data retrieval time and maintained index fragmentation.
- Worked on database management activities such as data cleansing, indexing, and table creation.
- Created and deployed SSIS packages using various transformations such as Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, slowly changing dimension, aggregate, and derived column transformations.
- Wrote unit test cases to test ETL packages as per functional requirements.
- Performed schema comparisons between development, test, and preproduction servers.
SQL and Business Intelligence Consultant2014 - 2015California Creative Solutions
Technologies: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Developed and maintained customized ETL processes for the online development team using SSIS.
- Constructed SSIS package templates with customized logging and error handling options.
- Wrote simple-to-complex SQL queries to extract data from multiple sources for reporting purposes.
- Built and maintained various client-facing SSRS reports.
- Worked with junior database developers on various SQL Server projects with multiple clients.
- Implemented data and dimensional modeling, expansion, security, and maintenance of a SQL data warehouse.
- Created and deployed dashboards using Power BI and Tableau.
Embedded Software Developer2014 - 2014Halliburton Energy Services
Technologies: SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, C#, LabVIEW
- Developed part of LabVIEW software for communicating with the Coiled Tubing Data Acquisition System.
- Contributed to the development of the Hydraulic Work Over Unit Data Acquisition System.
- Wrote a program to decode Manchester encoded fiber optic signals.
- Interfaced between different field equipment using some specialized communication protocols.
- Gained experience in selecting industrial controls, sensors, actuators, and monitors.
- Developed, together with a team, the multilingual user interface (MUI) feature for the CT-DAS software.