Power BI Developer2019 - PRESENTIQZone (via Toptal)
Technologies: Power BI, SQL Server, Custom Visuals, R, Azure, BitBucket
- Created Power BI reports both at detailed and summary levels.
- Created custom visualizations using R.
- Implemented Power BI report versioning.
Power BI and Software Developer2019 - PRESENTTriyam, LLC (via Toptal)
- Created an embedded Power BI architecture such that different users have access to specific reports.
- Implemented row and role level security to restrict report access based on role.
- Created .NET based web application with Power BI embedded reports.
- Set up active directory accounts within Azure.
- Created Power BI reports and improved the performance of existing reports.
Business Intelligence Consultant2018 - PRESENTValore Partners
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, PoweShell, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Tabular and Multi-dimensional), DAX, Tableau, Power BI, Data Warehousing, ETL
- Implemented configuration tables at the reporting end (SQL Database) to support the increasing demand for customized solutions from the business.
- Managed and was responsible for multiple business intelligence architectures. Implemented dimensional modeling, developed data warehouses, and created ETL processes.
- Built tabular cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Authored reports and dashboards using Excel, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Provided mentorship and support to junior developers.
- Led business intelligence architectural meetings with developers and business owners.
- Replicated existing OLTP data to Azure Managed Instance using transactional replication.
- Provided dimensional modeling training to clients.
- Ensured that the ETL architecture met best practices and the latest trends.
- Implemented initial loading using SSIS and growth sizing.
- Implemented incremental loading using Change Data Capture (CDC) within SSIS.
- Completed and deployed SSIS master-child ETL package in Azure.
- Created and deployed SSAS (tabular) model to enhance reporting.
- Built reports and dashboards using Tableau and Power BI.
Business Intelligence Consultant2019 - 2019Hospice of the Valley
Technologies: SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, Jira, Excel, Tableau, Python
- Extracted and consolidated real-time and historical data from both legacy and current systems into an Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Created data marts for different business areas to accelerate business processes. The end results were several highly performant SSAS tabular models specific to each subject area which were later used in creating the Power BI reports.
- Built a well designed and pilot-tested security model which the organization can use as a framework to build out an overarching security model for controlling access to visualizations and data.
- Developed several interactive Power BI reports which provided a better and unlimited experience compared to older static reports.
Microsoft Power BI Developer2019 - 2019Linksbridge SPC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Postman, Power BI, SQL, Azure, Web API Calls
- Automated data extraction from webpages using Web API calls.
- Created Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Implemented row-level security and set up an active directory within Azure.
- Created and deployed embedded Power BI reports.
Power BI and Software Developer2019 - 2019Digital Asset Capital (via Toptal)
- Standardized and normalized datasets, created calculations and KPIs to power the analytics and created a structured story that provides visibility across the organization.
- Scraped data from hundreds of web pages and stored the extracted data into a MariaDB database.
- Developed automated API calls to extract data from charts and webpages which is then stored in the database for advanced analytics.
- Cleansed, structured, and standardized the dataset in addition to creating relationships and hierarchies to support consistency in analytics and visualizations.
- Created interactive charts and visualizations using D3.js and Highcharts.
- Built analytical visuals using Power BI.
Business Intelligence Consultant2018 - 2018Harkins Theatres
Technologies: SQL Server, Replication, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, C#, TFS
- Developed a transactional replication implementation allowing for near real-time data replication and accurate change data capturing.
- Built an on-demand ETL transforming over a dozen source systems into a data warehouse dimensional model.
- Delivered a production data warehouse including an SSAS semantic layer used for Power BI reporting.
Freelance Tableau and Data Expert2018 - 2018Various Clients (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQL, Tableau
- Worked with an internal Toptal team to build 20+ interactive dashboards in Tableau for key performance indicators, this included working with various data sources.
- Developed data integrity solutions by investigating existing database and identifying data integrity issues (both human error and system inadequacies).
- Executed solutions by working with the team to suggest optimizations to the system as needed. This included suggesting new system processes and setup.
Senior SQL and Business Intelligence Developer2016 - 2018CVS Health
Technologies: SQL Server, Power BI, .NET, C#, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, T-SQL
- Developed basic-to-complex SQL queries to extract data from both structured and unstructured sources.
- Aided in the SQL Server/SSIS migration from 2008 version to 2014.
- Wrote basic-to-complex queries to create SSRS, Excel, PowerBI and Tableau reports from SSAS cubes.
- Created data/dimensional models for OLTP and OLAP applications.
- Wrote different documentation for every project executed.
- Built SSIS packages for extracting data from multiple databases (Oracle, SQL server)—transforming the extracted data by applying relevant business logic (to fit the business need) and loading the transformed data into their final destinations (database, data warehouse, flat files).
- Optimized the query performance by applying simple tuning techniques like creating indexes and rewriting poor performing queries.
- Collaborated with QA team to design simple-but-effective technical specifications and test cases.
- Worked with the business analysts to adequately understand and implement business requirements.
- Interacted with end clients to help them understand their requests and meet their expectations.
- Deployed, supported, and monitored with a team some SQL scripts and various applications (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
Senior SQL and Business Intelligence Developer2015 - 2016MISOM Technologies
Technologies: T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Excel, C#, HTML, SQL Server
- Interfaced with business analysts and customers to develop business requirements and translate them into functional specifications and design documents.
- Developed implementation and test plans for ETL solutions/data acquisition strategies to support the data needs of enterprise data warehouses and reporting applications.
- Performed dimensional modeling for building facts and dimensions for data warehouses.
- Wrote T-SQL scripts and SSIS packages to load and update data into the data warehouse.
- Built SSAS cubes.
- Performed database administrative tasks such as backing up databases, maintaining indexes, creating SQL agent jobs and scheduling such jobs.
- Wrote unit test cases to test ETL packages as per functional requirement.
- Created simple-to-complex stored procedures and functions used on front-end applications.
- Performed schema comparison between development and test and pre-production servers.
- Created ad-hoc, parameterized, drill down, and drill-through reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Report Manager.
- Developed dashboard solutions for reporting as well as publishing the dashboards onto the web pages.
- Scheduled the delivery of several reports to multiple users through Subscriptions in different formats like Excel, PDF, and text.
- Created a simple web application using ASP.NET and C#.NET.
Senior SQL and Business Intelligence Consultant2015 - 2015CVS Health
Technologies: T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Excel, C#, HTML
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit a new business requirement and implemented the new design into the SQL Server 2008 R2/2012.
- Was actively involved in the installation, operational, and performance qualification document design.
- Wrote TSQL scripts and complex stored procedures to implement the business needs and to support the front-end applications.
- Created SSIS packages for implementing different types of business logic.
- Built indexes to reduce data retrieval time and maintained index fragmentation.
- Worked on database management activities such as data cleansing, indexing, and table creation.
- Created and deployed SSIS packages using various transformations such as Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, and Derived Column Transformations.
- Wrote unit test cases to test ETL packages as per functional requirements.
- Performed schema comparisons between development, test, and preproduction servers.
SQL/Business Intelligence Consultant2014 - 2015California Creative Solutions
Technologies: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI, Tableau
- Developed and maintained customized ETL processes for the online development team using SSIS.
- Constructed SSIS package templates with customized logging and error handling options.
- Wrote simple-to-complex SQL queries to extract data from multiple sourced for reporting purposes.
- Built and maintained various client-facing SSRS reports.
- Worked with junior database developers on various SQL Server projects with multiple clients.
- Implemented data/dimensional modeling, expansion, security, and maintenance of a SQL data warehouse.
- Created dashboards using Power BI and Tableau.
Embedded Software Developer2014 - 2014Halliburton Energy Services
Technologies: LabVIEW, C#, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Developed part of LabVIEW software for communicating with Coiled Tubing Data Acquisition System.
- Contributed to the development of the Hydraulic Work Over Unit Data Acquisition System.
- Wrote a program to decode Manchester encoded fiber optic signals.
- Interfaced between different field equipment using some specialized communication protocols.
- Gained experience in selecting industrial controls, sensors, actuators, and monitors.
- Developed, with a team, the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) feature for the CT-DAS Software.
Founder | Software Developer2010 - 2013Hookes Electric Limited
Technologies: T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Gathered system requirements through end-user collaboration.
- Wrote data-related documentation (e.g., file descriptions and definitions, entity relationships and attributes, and so on).
- Built new database objects like procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, and views using T-SQL in a development and production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- Implemented indexes on tables and views for optimum performance tuning.
- Designed CTEs for code management in complex stored procedures.
- Contributed to dimensional data modeling and storyboarding ETL processes.
- Designed the ETL process using SQL Server 2008 SSIS Packages which the data sources include flat files, Access, and Excel.
- Created SSIS packages for loading the data from various sources involving flat file and Oracle tables.
- Wrote custom T-SQL stored procedures and triggers to improve performance, preserve referential integrity, and. provide additional application functionality.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL code, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary with profiler and execution plans.