Verified Expert in Engineering
Abdelbassite is a full-stack engineer passionate about his craft. For over two years, he led a team in building and launching a white-label food delivery platform and various other projects. Now, he's a freelancer supporting founders across the stack in launching their products. His tech stack includes working with Node.js, Next.js, and TypeScript, among many others. Abdelbassite is committed to designing user-centric experiences while working with teams whose vision aligns with his values.
MacOS, Notion, Slack, GitLab, GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a white-label food delivery platform that provides restaurant owners with a feature-rich and customizable food delivery infrastructure.
Senior React Developer
- Took a product from pre-MVP to a fully functional and marketable product.
- Refactored large parts of the product to enhance code quality and maintainability.
- Built a product portfolio management system with a wide range of capabilities (e.g., filters, search, static and smart collections, bulk product imports, etc.).
- Developed a suite of customizable charts and visualizations for multi-source (search, social, and eCommerce) and multi-metric (traffic and CPC) data.
- Created an end-to-end Stripe-based freemium subscription management system with support for in-app purchases and custom subscription plans.
- Built various OpenAI-powered workflows and tools for target audience analysis and discovery, as well as generated a targeted copy for product/service listings.
- Led a development team of five people across two different projects.
- Improved the quality of engineering and adherence to best practices through weekly engineering meetings and bi-weekly refactoring and clean-up days.
- Streamlined the QA process by implementing a strict feature development lifecycle or code review process, improving the quality of the QA's delivery and reducing bugs and QA iterations.
- Took charge of job interviews, onboarding, and training recruits.
- Developed a food delivery platform from a minimum viable product (MVP) to production with 30+ active partners and hundreds of daily active users (DAUs).
- Automated a customizable white-label mobile app's configuration, build, and deployment process, which allowed for fast new client onboarding.
- Built and maintained four mobile apps and seven web apps across three projects.
React Native Developer
- Re-engineered the architecture of two React Native applications and upgraded various aspects of the codebase, including state management, auth management, data loading, and more.
- Redesigned and upgraded the applications' design system.
- Migrated the two React Native applications from a legacy/deprecated API and integrated them with the platform's new REST API.
Software Engineering Intern
- Participated in the inception of a food delivery platform startup from its early beginning and got to be a part of every step of the process.
- Worked on the ideation, conceptualization, and design of the platform. Managed the iterating through proofs of concept to help pick out our tech stack and define the application's architecture.
- Built the platform's customer-facing and delivery agent mobile applications MVP.
The core capabilities of the platform include the following:
• Managing the menu, including sections, subsections, menu items, and menu item options/variations of CRUD.
• Managing delivery agent, customer, and manager accounts.
• Managing discounts and push notification marketing campaigns.
• GPS order tracking via a homegrown Socket.IO-based solution.
• In-app navigation using Google Maps.
• Online payments.
• Mobile app settings in the restaurant back-office to customize the mobile apps' look.
• An automated build system to generate restaurant-specific mobile apps tailored to the restaurant's visual identity.
• A unique and memorable UI.
• A fast and lightweight site.
• Easy-to-update content with a crystal clear re-deployment process.
The core capabilities of the mobile app consisted of:
• Accessing a list of assigned stores along with their information, location, and history.
• Creating sales, product placement, and reward reports, including images.
• Offline support allowing salespeople to use the app offline and create reports throughout the day that are uploaded all at once when it is back online.
• An analytics dashboard to show user activity.
• In-app and push notifications to keep salespeople informed.
• A GPS-based distance trigger to ensure reports can only be created when users are close to the store.
The core capabilities of the web app (administrative dashboard ) consisted of:
• CRUD for all entities either from the UI or via Excel file imports (integration with a pre-existing IS).
• Users management and RBAC.
• An analytics dashboard.
• A control panel for the rewards program.
• Reporting and data extraction (Excel and PDF files).
1. A Next.js-based customer web app used by customers to look up and book their expeditions, other transportation organizations, or individuals to create their accounts and offer their services on the platform.
2. A React (CRA) based web app (administrative dashboard) used by the platform and organization administrators. Its core capabilities include:
• Managing expeditions, drivers, vehicles, and more (CRUD of the entities).
• An analytics dashboard.
• GPS tracking for all in-progress expeditions.
3. A React Native-based Android mobile application used by truck drivers. Its core capabilities include:
• The planning of booked expeditions.
• In-app navigation and background GPS tracking when an expedition is in progress.
The platform's core capabilities include the following:
• Managing portfolios of consumer health products/services.
• Exploring a large repository and building personalized target audiences.
• Exploring relevant portfolio metrics through a wide array of charts and visualizations.
• Estimating revenue based on traffic from multiple data sources (search, social, and eCommerce).
• Exploring relevant keywords along with current and historical data from multiple sources.
• Generating PDF reports.
• Managing subscriptions with Stripe.
• Providing OpenAI-powered workflows for product analysis, audience matching, and audience recommendations.
• Having an OpenAI-powered generative AI tool to write targeted copy based on target audiences
React Native, Next.js, Express.js, MUI (Material UI), Redux
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Socket.IO, Sockets, Google Maps, MobX, Stripe API, React Redux, Puppeteer, Stripe
Notion, Slack, GitLab, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Expo, Git, Mongoose, React Apollo
Web Performance Optimization (WPO), REST, Mobile Development, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
MacOS, Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Android, iOS, Mobile
NoSQL, MongoDB, Databases, PostgreSQL
CI/CD Pipelines, Maps, Mobile GPS, PWA, APIs, Web Development, Geolocation, GPS, Firebase Cloud Functions, Full-stack, Web Applications, SaaS, Front-end Development, Front-end, Back-end, Third-party APIs, User Interface (UI), Full-stack Development, Mobile Applications, Gatsby, User Experience (UX), Tracking, Charts, Analytics, Caching, Software Design, Architecture, Mobile UI, Mobile UX, Apollo, Apollo Server, Storybook, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), ChatGPT, System Design, React Query, Online Payments, Payment APIs, Redux Toolkit, AmCharts
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
National School of Applied Sciences - Fes, Morocco