Verified Expert in Engineering
Adel is an experienced programmer and a REST API back-end developer with several years of experience in the domain. He is attentive to details, a fast learner with strong problem-solving abilities, and always eager to communicate and collaborate with team members. Adel worked in a fast-growing company developing on-demand services. Other than that, he also has a strong interest in game development.
WebStorm, Linux, Discord
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a back-end platform that groups daily life necessity services in one app.
- Refactored modules to increase system performance and read/write throughput.
- Migrated a payment module to a separate database in the Firebase Realtime Database environment.
- Coordinated with team members via Jira/Slack/GitHub to achieve tasks and track project progress and deadlines.
- Implemented front-end React components to add functionalities to the administrative console.
- Gained experience working on Google Cloud Platform and deploying Google Cloud Functions.
Node.js Back-end Developer
- Collaborated on the development of Shoof, a platform and mobile application for on-demand service developed in Node.js.
- Worked on the project as the sole and lead back-end developer while efficiently communicating with the mobile developer and the web developer's team.
- Organized the project and codebase into independent modules (such as account, authentication server, QR, images, and notification) for potential future scalability, using a deployment solution on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster.
- Integrated different notification mechanisms to improve application responsiveness via Firebase push notification, Socket.io, and particular data logging to a private Discord server using a Discord bot.
- Integrated a payment system via Stripe for one-time and recurring subscription payments. Handled all booking and cancellation use cases in a built-in food ordering service.
- Automated build and deployment processes via GitHub Actions to an AKS cluster.
- Delivered well-documented APIs for front-end teams to consume.
- Worked as a sole and lead back-end developer alongside a mobile team to deliver a snow cleaning service.
- Implemented real-time updates of order statuses and mobile notifications via Firebase to guarantee application responsiveness.
- Integrated online payments with Stripe and handled the booking and cancelation use cases.
Kirito Bot and Orca Bothttps://discord.gg/JFjmbbZckj
The Kirito bot recreated the game context in Discord, allowing members to check their account status and game progress from the comfort of the Discord server. Additionally, depending on the gameplay, it sent pings whenever there were particular events. The bot relieved players from constantly checking the game's progress.
On the other hand, the Orca bot managed the competition aspects of the game. Players participated and competed in a weekly tournament and submitted their scores at the end.
The bots' roles included:
• Managing data for many in-game clans, where each clan consisted of 50 members (Discord users).
• Automating many tasks by reading in-game data (from the game server), generating adequate messages, and triggering the appropriate events.
• Exposing command based (otherwise called in Discord, Slash Commands) for users to interact with the bot and manage their data.
The game was first developed during a game jam using Lua or Love2D and then reworked into a full game in Godot.
A demo was released on the Steam platform, and the complete game is still under development.
FT4TT Monitoring Websitehttps://www.researchgate.net/publication/309761780_Improving_maintenance_of_FT4FTT_Extending_it_to_monitor_and_log_its_available_redundancy_via_internet
The project was the development of a website to monitor and visualize the state of the fault-tolerant system called FT4FTT. It visualized the state of the system logs and their availability and redundancy via the internet.
A desktop application developed in C++ and Qt Creator was a simple prototype and simulation of a car-pooling application.
The application handled ride searching, booking, and cancellation while updating information in real-time.
The engine followed the same GameObject and component design pattern from Unity, which gave flexibility in creating a new self-contained GameObject, implementing complex game logic.
The source code was made available on GitHub, and the list of games is available on the itch.io profile.
NestJS, Express.js, Qt, Unity2D
Node.js, REST APIs, React, Socket.IO, Stripe API, Sockets, SFML, Stripe
Trello, GitHub, WebStorm, Jira
Godot, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku, Steam, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Discord Bots, APIs, Discord, Game Development, Networking, Compilers, Graph Theory, Web Services, Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Concurrency, Distributed Operating Systems, Cloud Computing, GDScript
Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PhD in Cloud Computing and Fault-tolerance in Microservices Architecture
Northwestern Polytechnical University - Xi'an, China
Master's Degree in Network and Distributed Systems
University Constantine 2 - Constantine, Algeria
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University Constantine 2 - Constantine, Algeria
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring