Verified Expert in Engineering
Ahmed is an innovative game programmer with over five years of experience in the gaming field. He has collaborated to launch many successful projects and worked on a team that developed top products for five consecutive years. Ahmed is currently seeking game programmer jobs to utilize his knowledge and skills to advance his portfolio and potential for increased responsibility.
Unity, Unity Editor Scripting, Virtual Reality (VR), Mobile, Microsoft Kinect, Desktop, Unity3D
The most amazing...
...project I've led is a 2D grid-based procedural planet generator that folds into a planet when zoomed away and gradually straightens back when zoomed into.
- Created a proof of concept (POC) for possible game ideas to be reviewed by clients and determined whether to go through to the development phase.
- Fixed bugs, implemented new features to old games, and updated old games to support new platforms.
- Implemented AI, gameplay, world generators, and dialogue systems for games.
- Built games for different platforms like mobile, PC, Oculus, Vive, Kinect, web, and WebGL.
- Carried through back-end, server logic, and databases for game data for single and multiplayer games.
- Modified pre-existing 3D models and 2D sprites to fit the new games and client needs.
Unity 3D Developer
Cortina Productions Inc
- Implemented the UI to match the design frames provided by the design team.
- Implemented the logic required for the interactive system to replicate the West Vergina court system.
- Implemented a system to download the CMS from the client's custom-made cloud services.
Senior Unity Developer
BEDTIME MATH FOUNDATION, INC.
- Designed and implemented the main feature of a game.
- Implemented a system for loading and saving user sessions.
- Implemented generic levels loading from Firebase to allow continuous level updates.
- Created the final game for mobile (Android and iOS).
Myriad Global Media Ltd
- Worked closely with 3D artists to add the required modules and create prefabs for the level designers.
- Implemented systems and tools for level designers to create levels faster and allow multiple fast tries.
- Implemented steps based on a tutorial system to allow different modules (training, practice, and assessment).
- Created demos of games for outsourcing clients, including all main features of the game and at least a single level with the complete art style.
- Designed some game ideas and enhanced existed ones to provide a more engaging and enjoyable playing experience.
- Implemented the Firebase-based database behind some multiplayer games.
- Developed and designed a Nakama-based server for multiplayer games and integrated it with the Digital Ocean droplet system.
Indie Game Developer
- Developed a custom 2D character controller with a collision detection system in Unity.
- Built a procedural 2D platform-based world generator to provide the game with unlimited levels.
- Provided the art and animation for the game using Animate CC and Photoshop.
- Implemented the login system for the game using Facebook SDK and an account creation system.
I implemented the throwing mechanics of the ball, the questions pooling from a custom-created API, and installed all the UI into Unity.
I was the developer who installed the UI and created the procedural mesh generation for the URLs, as well as the slicing mechanic and the scoring system with the code-based animation.
Additionally, I implemented the Kinect module, which ended up being a standalone module for later Kinect games.
I implemented the VR mechanics for Oculus Quest, the pulling of the bow and responsive animation, and the vase breaking animation and logic.
Responsive UI for the Oculus interaction.
I implemented the VR system for Vive and Oculus, the randomization of the items in the scene, and the level design. Additionally, I implemented the scriptable-object-based event system and scriptable-objects serializable variable system that ended up being used in the rest of the follow-up projects.
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
I implemented the questions pooling system based on the genres the users chose. I also implemented the helping methods in the game, installed the UI inside of Unity, and created the animations and the localization system that ended up being applied to all old games and used in all new games.
Racing Platformer Game
I implemented AI with support for the rollback feature and desync. I also added support to authoritative player inputs to prevent cheating. I designed a few levels with their unique style, which required adding two more movement modules to the player and the AI (slippery movement and slippery standing). Finally, I implemented the base structure for server tick-based physics obstacles into the game to ensure that no data is needed from the server to the player yet stays in sync among all players.
Unity2D, Unity3D, Unity, Microsoft Kinect
GitHub, Animate CC, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, 3ds Max
Design Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Gamification, Agile
Firebase, Android, iOS, Oculus, Mobile, Desktop
Data Structures, Algorithms, Unity Editor Scripting, Game Development, API Integration, Mobile Apps, Virtual Reality (VR), Mobile App Development, Game Design, History, Virtual Reality ToolKit (VRTK), Mesh Optimization, User Interface (UI), APIs, Level Design, Localization, Animation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), 3D Games, User Experience (UX), Netcode, Multiplayer, WebRequest, Content Management Systems (CMS), CI/CD Pipelines, Games
Unity Cloud Build, JSON
Bachelor's Degree in History
Port Said University - Port Said, Egypt
6.00x | Introduction to Computer Science and Programming