Artificial Intelligence Engineer2020 - 2020VUCA INC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, Flask, Deep Reinforcement Learning, PyTorch
- Developed a deep reinforcement learning agent to solve design problems, using PyTorch.
- Built the web interface of a reinforcement learning environment for training and evaluation.
- Integrated gaze point detection for model training.
Data Scientist2019 - 2020MovieUnion
Technologies: Amazon SageMaker, SQL, TensorFlow, Keras, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Recommendation Systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Trained a recommendation system algorithm from scratch using TensorFlow.
- Designed databases, stored procedures, reports, and data input interfaces using SQL.
- Deployed the machine learning model to SageMaker.
Senior Research Assistant2019 - 2020University of Alberta
Technologies: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Reinforcement Learning, TensorFlow Deep Learning Library (TFLearn), Data Mining, Deep Reinforcement Learning, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Researched the application of reinforcement learning algorithms in a supervised setting.
- Developed Deep Q-Coagent Networks, a new deep reinforcement learning (DRL) algorithm that improved learning speed by 50%.
- Performed data reporting and data reconciliation processes to support the principal project investigators.
- Initiated the publication of an academic paper on DRL.
Data Analyst2018 - 2019Harmony Public Schools
Technologies: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Apache Spark, Spark SQL, Data Mining, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Flask, Pandas, Python
- Developed a tool to analyze students' and teachers' interactions to improve the success of both parties.
- Provided complex research and analysis to support effective teaching and presented findings to management or project leaders.
- Created weekly and per-semester reports to provide advanced insights and suggestions to the administration.
Undergraduate Research Assistant2015 - 2018North American University
Technologies: Data Mining, Pandas, NumPy, Keras, Python
- Researched a data-driven approach to bacteria development with Dr. Zubeyir Altintas.
- Taught multiple classes including Python and deep learning.
- Expanded breadth and depth of knowledge and skills across disciplines by working with specific fields of computer science and industry professionals.