Verified Expert in Engineering
Akif is a skilled developer with experience in full-stack web and mobile development. Due to his intensive involvement in competitive programming, he is very knowledgeable about data structures and algorithms. Akif has used that knowledge to develop a project to detect anomalies in data sources at Google.
Linux, Vim Text Editor, Ubuntu, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've achieved is reaching the rank of international master on the competitive programming site Codeforces.
Software Engineering Intern
- Improved MealMe's scraping technologies using my reverse engineering and CTF skills.
- Scraped multiple food delivery services for all their restaurants in the US using AWS clusters for menu and restaurant info.
- Prepossessed (and merged them across services) and compiled these into a MongoDB database. Used algorithms and machine learning to make a search engine on them for restaurants and food delivery.
- Created the entire internal customer support, including in-app chat, for MealMe.
- Performed research in the area of data structures and cryptography under Martin Farach-Colton.
- Worked on making a key-value store on a disk that is authenticated and secure.
- Researched how to make Merkle Tree constructions more efficient for verifying traversals of different types of graphs.
- Applied these results to B^epsilon trees and the BetrFS filesystem.
Software Engineering Intern
- Wrote a part of a pipeline in C++ and Flume to process hundreds of billions of data signals and categorize anomalies.
- Made a web dashboard for visualizing and monitoring information about these anomalies.
- Integrated this dashboard to automatically alert teams at Google about anomalies in their data sources.
Cloud and Mobile Developer
- Wrote a framework to scrape grocery flyers from various grocery chains in Canada.
- Used Google Cloud Platform to run image recognition and document analysis to extract the deals for that grocery store.
- Worked on integrating this framework with the back-end Python server.
- Coded the first iteration of the Android app to display deals and allow searching and clipping.
- Wrote a web app to allow parents, who were dropping their kids off, to enter their personal information into and sign an electronic waiver form.
- Made the admin side to allow searching and aggregation of waiver data.
- Created a script that formatted the data for any given waiver into a PDF and allowed the admin to download it.
Reddit Fetcher NTPhttps://github.com/Maltysen/reddit-fetcher
Flask, Django, Bootstrap, CherryPy
jQuery, Pygame, Node.js, SQLAlchemy, React, REST APIs, TensorFlow, Socket.IO, Reddit API
Vim Text Editor, Flume, Bazel, Crawlera, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Git
Cryptography, Algorithms, Data Structures, Capture the Flag (CTF), Competitive Programming, Reverse Engineering, Scraping, Abstract Algebra, Games, Chrome Extensions, Web Scraping, Graph Theory, Complexity Theory, PDF, Static Analysis, WebSockets, Operating Systems, Graphics, Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Image Recognition, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google App Engine, Heroku, Linux, Ubuntu
MongoDB, Redis, Databases
Bachelor's Degree (In Progress) in Computer Engineering
Rutgers University - New Brunswick