Software Architecture Developer
Albert is a chief software architect with over 18 years of experience in software design and development. He started his career as a junior .NET developer in 2005. Since then, Albert has progressed to leading a team of eight engineers and later served as a CTO responsible for a 26-member team. He has expertise in .NET programming, relational and NoSQL databases, cloud services, big data systems, and other contemporary technologies.
ExperienceC# - 18 years.NET - 16 yearsMicrosoft SQL Server - 15 yearsSoftware Architecture - 10 yearsASP.NET - 10 yearsAWS Cloud Computing Services - 8 yearsREST APIs - 8 years.NET Core - 7 years
WebStorm, JetBrains Rider, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio, Windows, Windows Desktop Software, Azure Active Directory, C#
The most amazing...
...project I've overseen is the technological re-architecture of a legacy SaaS product to increase system uptime from 92.75% to 99.95%.
Senior Software Engineer
Acumen Commercial Insights Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Detected implementation issues in revenue management software that decreased the performance of the P&L calculation by 34%.
- Implemented new features in the client-funded project.
- Managed to improve the API response time by 21% by implementing the cache and indexing database tables.
- Optimized the database queries by changing the view queries, which decreased performance by 100x for some queries.
- Helped the team with architectural decisions, which made software maintenance and implementation 2x easier.
Software | Solution Architect
Earthlink (via Toptal)
- Modified the architecture of a social network project.
- Created an architecture for the Netflix-like system's recommendation engine.
- Trained team members on microservices, monolithic and event-driven architecture patterns, DDD, caching, message queues/brokers, unit and integration testing, version controls, branching strategies, etc.
- Created the architecture for the CRM system using the microservices pattern.
- Worked on integrations with SAP BRIM, Joget, and Creatio systems.
- Worked on notifications and announcements services, architecture, and flows.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
Metal Service Center (via Toptal)
- Developed the website and service for a secure payment system for credit-card authorizations.
- Developed the website to create credit-card authorizations using the CyberSource-hosted checkout service.
- Implemented a feature to search for authorization using the Cybersource Transaction API.
- Implemented a feature to settle the authorization using the Cybersource Simple Order API.
- Enabled integration of the customer's existing database for data retrieval and processes.
- Developed the website for public users to authorize payments requested by the Metal Service Center.
- Implemented features for data encryption and decryption and used them to generate and send secure emails.
Product Chief Architect
- Increased the system uptime from 92.75% to 99.9% by implementing stabilization and monitoring plans.
- Increased service uptime up to 99.95% by implementing zero-downtime deployment (ZDD).
- Decreased post-release regression risk to less than 0.25% via end-to-end test suite planning and implementation.
- Led and managed the AES engineering team, closely working with QA automation and manual QA teams.
SaaS Chief Architect
- Implemented monitoring for sensitive system parts to decrease SLA breach.
- Decreased SLA breach via automated fixing scripts/tasks for known system failures.
- Created system stabilization plan by doing detailed root-cause analysis for system outages, providing remediation and permanent fix steps.
- Managed application development, QA, engineering, and design teams.
- Determined strategic direction of product development for NY’s black car taxi industry, provided solutions for complex system issues, and made technological decisions/solutions.
- Decreased product time-to-client by 25% as a result of implementing SOA.
- Decreased expenditure of resources for deployment by 85% via automated CI/CD implementation.
Chief Software Architect
- Implemented a secure PCI DSS compatible payment system.
- Decreased resource usage and costs by implementing an S3 archiving module.
- Worked closely with the product team to create CI/CD pipelines for new features.
Aurea Energy Solutions
- Implemented an alerting system in a SharePoint-driven system.
- Eliminated manual work by implementing auto-fix features in a product.
- Implemented QA check features in the legacy product.
- Automated the SaaS and billing teams' manual daily tasks.
- Decreased SLA breaches by implementing a transaction reconciliation system.
- Led and managed the IT and EDI operators' department.
- Analyzed and fixed bugs on the existing .NET/MS SQL project.
- Developed new features in the system for NY's black car taxi business.
- Led and managed a team of eight engineers. Worked closely with the client to define the most effective development process.
Airline Ticket Reservation System Designhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1bOksQ_07mMhoFtw4ovvfBE03UWTXB8gC/view?usp=sharing
SaaS Software Stabilization
NY's Black Car Taxi Business Software
Social Network Architecturehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5n6052WPd37Q5t6dMKJbjcF4aXK9Q8mzIokczelsiQ/edit?usp=sharing
Recommendation Engine for a 'Netflix-like' Movies Platformhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1DZoxFrKZQpf6qsmsrGhUR8WI5WMT188JQ2ibTZ0wqX0/edit?usp=sharing
1. Collects data.
2. Fetches data.
3. Generates recommendations.
4. Sends recommendations to users.
Code Review Processhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kv1qwLHb0b_yUl53J4CZVyyr0I2a1jeHCtrePHEgy1Q/edit?usp=sharing
CRM Architecture Designhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xr1nQ1nJaj7eF3HOM7W9NRzPEIFUqxpI/view?usp=sharing
ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, ADO.NET, .NET, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Web API, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Angular, SpecFlow, Apache Spark
REST APIs, Entity Framework, Web API, CyberSource, Vue
GitHub, Jira, Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Athena, JetBrains Rider, WebStorm, Postman, Jenkins, Git, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Application Insights, Microsoft Access, Nagios
API Architecture, Web Architecture, Microservices, REST, Agile
AWS Cloud Computing Services, Amazon EC2, Windows, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oracle, Azure, Firebase, Zendesk, PagerDuty, SharePoint, Kubernetes
Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Azure Active Directory, NoSQL, JSON, Databases, Azure SQL Databases, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redshift, Neo4j, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redis Cache, Azure Blobs, MariaDB, ClickHouse
WCF Web Services, MSMQ, Windows Services, Amazon Route 53, SOAP, API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Payment APIs, Leadership, Architecture, Software Architecture, RESTful Microservices, API Gateways, Information Technology, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Third-party APIs, CTO, Octopus Deploy, Recommendation Systems, Data Encryption, Consul, Code Versioning, GitFlow, Azure Service Bus, Blob Storage, Azure WebJobs, Windows Desktop Software, Enterprise Architecture, Apache Cassandra, SAP, Joget, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX)
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technologies
Russian-Armenian Slavonic University - Yerevan, Armenia
Master's Degree in Information Technologies and Applied Mathematics
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technologies and Applied Mathematics
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia
Certified .NET/SQL Developer
Certified C# Developer