Data Scientist | Computer Vision Engineer2020 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow, Python
- Developed deep learning computer vision algorithms for detecting the main five luxury fashion brands on people's clothes from live camera streams.
- Developed deep learning computer vision algorithms for face mask detection in shops.
- Optimized deep learning models with Intel OpenVINO to run on IoT devices.
Technical Writer | API Integration Manager2020 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Git, Postman, REST APIs
- Wrote technical documentation and style guides for the integrations connecting with a hub in the food industry.
- Offered technical support for developers of 3rd party integrations.
- Oversaw the project management of developers working on internal API integrations.
App Developer2018 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: TkInter, SciPy, NumPy, Python
- Created a cross-platform program that optimizes the reverberation time given the parameters of a room (dimensions, materials, etc) and some user-defined inputs. Implementing optimization techniques enabled us to find the best answer automatically rather than with a manual process based on trial and error.
Python Developer | Computer Vision Engineer | Technical Writer2019 - 2020Center for Advanced Studies, Research and Development in Sardinia (CRS4)
Technologies: Docker, OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow, Python
- Developed deep learning algorithms to fashion brand recognition in live camera streams.
- Developed, debugged, and tested novel features for SHADO, a content management platform for news-related content.
- Researched methods to debug Docker containers locally and via SSH with the latest Visual Studio Code extensions.
Technical Writer2017 - 2018Italian Digital Team
Technologies: Git, Text Processing, Python
- Wrote the documentation for Italy's digital projects, blog posts and articles about the project.
- Created style guides for content creation.
- Tested the documentation platform.
- Automated the content creation with Python scripts.
Post-doctoral Research Associate2015 - 2017University of Edinburgh
Technologies: Python, MATLAB
- Developed graphene microsensors for adaptive acoustic transduction (GMAAT).
- Built numerical simulations of an integrated vibroacoustic transduction system with accompanying electronics.
- Analyzed experimental data using signal processing techniques.