Front-end Engineer2018 - 2018Vidurama
Technologies: React, React Native (Expo)
- Built a simple, high-performance React application.
- Created pixel-perfect designs with styled components.
- Integrated a context API to handle application state.
- Developed a small React Native application (using Expo) as a proof of concept.
- Wrote a custom REST API library with Context API.
Solution Architect2017 - 2018AdsInc
Technologies: AWS Lambda, React, GraphQL
- Provided server-side rendering with React and AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway to reduce cost from idle server time.
- Implemented GraphQL Data Loader for Postgres SQL tables to reduce DB load.
Front-end Engineer2017 - 2018WhoaStork
Technologies: React, GraphQL
- Created the admin application of the web store in React.
- Replaced Redux with Apollo Client for GraphQL against a Ruby back-end.
- Created a HOC architecture to reuse common GraphQL functionality for listing and filtering.
- Created our own custom UI library with styled components.
- Used HOC for form manipulation.
Technologies: React, Redux, D3.js
- Worked with a React/Redux environment on a major enterprise product already in production.
- Helped integrate charts libraries based on D3 and React.
Technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB
- Created a new front-end app based on React and Redux.
- Added a Hot module replacement plugin to Webpack.
- Worked with legacy code on the server side, able to understand the principles behind it and make it work again.
Front-end Engineer2013 - 2014Nifti.com
- Created reusable D3.js charts using Raphael.js to draw SVG on browsers.
- Handled responsive design layouts for views.
- Implemented reusable components for UX using jQuery.
- Created an xQuery Selector generator from an HTML Element DOMNode.
- Created a Pop CSS editor for elements.
Technical Leader2011 - 2013Globant
- Designed a MongoDB database.
- Created single-page apps with Backbone.js and Ember.js.
- Developed software using RESTful APIs with Node.js and Express.js.
Business Intelligence Consultant2008 - 2011America Movil (AMX)
Technologies: MS SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, PL/SQL, SharePoint
- Developed a reporting and decision support system.
- Designed the data warehouse.
- Implemented an ETL process.
- Designed reports and data visualization.
- Configured SharePoint.
- Toptal Academy - React.js (Other amazing things)https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6nqmerUSyVHKn5g0CpkHvtCycEylazGl
I was in charge of the Toptal Academy for React.js program were we help other toptalers to understand new technologies
- Toptal Academy: AngularJS (Other amazing things)https://www.toptal.com/events/2015-06-11/toptal-academy-angularjs
A crash course on AngularJS that I taught for the Toptal community in Córdoba.
A talk on ECMAScript 6 and Koa.js using generators, which are the most fascinating feature of ES6.
- ASCII Cam (Other amazing things)http://picanteverde.github.com/bucefalo-html5/ascii.html
I created an ASCII Cam to create ASCII art from live video from the web cam.
- Augmented Box (Other amazing things)http://picanteverde.github.com/bucefalo-html5/examples/tquery/box/box.html
A simple augmented reality game to hit the character on the screen controlling the ball using this marker:
- Polymer.js: The Future of Web Application Development? (Publication)A year after Google's launch of Polymer, Toptal engineer Alejandro Hernandez takes it out for a test drive to see if it's yet ready for prime time. This post explores the maturity and stability of Polymer.js as a foundation for large-scale application development. The results and conclusions from this analysis are provided, along with an introductory overview of the technology.
FrameworksRedux, Express.js, Connect.js, AngularJS, Ember.js
Libraries/APIsReact, Node.js, Backbone.js, D3.js, Polymer, WebRTC, Socket.IO, Pixi.js, EaselJS, WebGL, Three.js, jsSHA, RequireJS, YUI, Handlebars
ToolsWebpack 2, Webpack, Node Inspector, Gulp.js, Babel, Grunt, AWS ECS, AWS IAM, Git, GitHub, Solr, Jenkins, Apache, Mercurial, Adobe Fireworks, Redmine, Jira, Mocha
OtherServerless, Apollo, AWS API Gateway, Ajax, DOM, Web Services
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development, REST, Asynchronous Programming, Prototype-based OOP, Parasitic Inheritance
PlatformsAWS EC2, AWS Lambda, Docker
StorageAWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL, MySQL
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering2000 - 2005Catholic University of Cordoba - Cordoba Argentina