DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTImbellus
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fluentd, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Docker, Argon.js, Drones, GitLab CI/CD, Python, AWS, Kubernetes
- Supported migration of infra from ECS to Kubernetes and reduced infrastructure footprint in the process.
- Worked on the observability pipeline from Fluentd in containers to the ES cluster and search through Kibana. Metrics from containers to Prometheus with alerts from alert manager integrated to Slack and visualization in Grafana.
- Moved away CD with ArgoCD from imperative deployments to declarative, following GitOps practices.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Local Catch LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Python, ECS, AWS Lambda, AWS, Ansible, Terraform
- Migrated the current infrastructure into IaC using Terraform and Ansible.
- Wrote lambdas in Python to help automate custom processes.
- Set up monitoring.
- Fixed issues related to their Docker containers and ECS cluster.
- Set up a development/CI environment.
DevOps2017 - 2018Takt
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Apache Kafka, AWS
- Set up Terraform modules for infra deployment.
- Set up and maintained Kubernetes clusters for container orchestration.
- Created Kafka PoC.
- Created Ansible AWX PoC.
- Created Docker images.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017EpicGames
Technologies: Fluentd, Grafana, Sumo Logic, TeamCity, Perforce, Docker, Terraform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible
- Collaborated with the operations team to handle all infrastructure.
- Deployed new infrastructure using Terraform.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to automate the configuration of new resources.
- Migrated existing applications and services into Docker containers.
- Created new MongoDB replica sets.
- Implemented Fluentd for log processing.
- Worked on implementing Kubernetes in a new infrastructure iteration.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017Disney ABC
Technologies: NGINX, MongoDB, Grafana, Logstash, Jira, Jenkins, Ruby, Python, Chef, AppDynamics, Datadog, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Managed and maintained more than 25,000 chef recipes.
- Collaborated with colleagues to prepare the infrastructure for Oscar's event and NBA Finals getting load balancers pre-warmed and increasing the capacity of back-end servers.
- Deployed preproduction and production environments rotating AZ's in and out to avoid downtime.
- Down-sized infrastructure after big events like Oscars and NBA Finals.
- Wired Python scripts to automate AWS reports using the BOTO3 library.
- Contributed to the reduction of infrastructure footprint that resulted in more than 30% monthly cost decrease by right-sizing everything and identifying unused resources.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2016Electronic Arts
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache, Redis, MongoDB, Grafana, Logstash, Jenkins, Ruby, Python, Chef, AppDynamics, Zabbix, AWS
- Contributed to the operations team to keep eCommerce infrastructure healthy and running.
- Deployed voice servers across multiple regions.
- Deployed apps in preproduction and production environments.
- Troubleshot live issues.
- Created monitoring dashboards in Zabbix.
- Implemented Auto Scaling groups for different services and applications.
Quality Assurance and Production Management2013 - 2015Morgan Stanley
Technologies: Python, Apache Tomcat, Apache, Linux
- Prepared all systems for business in different markets around the world (Asia, EU).
- Handled incidents on sales and trade platform.
- Set up Apache/Tomcat environments for development teams.
- Managed NAS/NFS shares.
Lead NOC Engineer2012 - 2013Gorilla Nation/Evolve Media Corp
Technologies: MySQL, Pingdom, NetApp, Graphite, xCAT, KVM, Varnish, Apache, PHP, Nagios, Linux, Bash, Puppet
- Supervised and coached people on my team.
- Monitored all infrastructure on a 24x7 schedule, including metal and virtual servers.
- Wrote Puppet manifests to automate server configuration.
- Improved internal process for better team 24x7 rotation.
- Provided performance improvements for Apache back ends.
NOC Engineer2011 - 2012Gorilla Nation/Evolve Media Corp
Technologies: NetApp, Graphite, xCAT, KVM, Varnish, Apache, PHP, Nagios, Linux, Bash, Puppet
- Contributed proactively to internal projects to improve monitoring and production tools.
- Monitored infrastructure.
- Developed a visual check script to rotate through all of our sites to keep it running inside our office and help visual monitoring of sites.
- Served as the first point of contact when there was an outage, troubleshooting, and escalating when necessary.
- Improved our response to volumes filling up by creating a wrapper script for LVM.