Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2021AMPLYFI, Ltd.
- Led the front-end development of a new, state-of-the-art federated search engine which has since become the company's best-selling SaaS offering.
- Harvested over six million documents for a machine learning pipeline using targeted querying and web crawling. The POC for this project led to the company's largest recurring contract to date.
- Maintained and deployed legacy federated search applications for over 30 customers.
- Created an administrative API that allows internal and external admins to configure pieces of their application, deprecating an extremely time-consuming manual process.
Full-stack Engineer2018 - 2020Deep Web Technologies, Inc.
- Developed a redesigned front end for a legacy federated search engine. This redesign played a key part in the multimillion-dollar acquisition of DWT by AMPLYFI in 2020.
- Maintained and added new features to over 40 customer applications.
- Implemented server-side caching for search engine result sets, resulting in much faster response times for many queries.
- Performed miscellaneous system administration tasks on over 15 Linux servers.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Freelance
- Developed and deployed a web app to replace a legacy volunteer recruitment website. Used React and Node.js in conjunction with Bootstrap. This resulted in a 50% increase in customer conversion.
- Aided in developing a regatta timing application using React Native, Node.js, and Firebase. Since then, the application has been adopted by some of the largest regatta organizers in the world.
- Gained experience working remotely with a small team of engineers and project managers.
Software Development Intern2015 - 2015Philips
Technologies: ASP.NET, SQL, REST, Web Applications
- Used the ASP.NET MVC 4 framework to create a RESTful web service that queries a SQL database via HTTP requests. Implemented public and private key authorization for security.
- Created an administrative website allowing authenticated and authorized users to delete archives via the web service.
- Created a console application to act as a client to the web service and retrieve archives over a firewall via SFTP.