Solutions Architect2015 - PRESENTConfluent
Technologies: Apache Kafka
- Supported Confluent's customers to make them successful with Apache Kafka (operations, deployment, architecture, design, and development).
- Built an active-active, multi-data center, 5 Gbps, sub-200 ms data pipeline.
- Worked with close to 100 companies ranging from high-tech startups to large enterprises.
- Developed data pipelines, microservices, streaming ETL, and streaming analytics.
Founder and CEO2013 - 2015Deep Signal
- Acted as the Entrepreneur in Residence for Innovation Endeavors where I founded and developed the Deep Signal opportunity. Deep Signal was a VC-backed preventative maintenance startup in the oil and gas pipeline space.
- Discovered and developed the business opportunity and product roadmap.
- Led the product and engineering team to deliver the initial product.
Founder and CEO2012 - 2013MemCachier
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Couchbase, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked on MemCachier, a Heroku add-on that offers Memcached as a service.
- Built the entire infrastructure excluding the cache itself.
- Implemented Ruby on Rails and Stripe for payments.
- Developed and monitored APIs and dashboards.
- Product managed the cache which was a custom implementation of the Memcached protocol, written in Go, and designed for multi-tenancy.
Solutions Architect2008 - 2010Cloudera
- Worked as a product engineer—building tooling and infrastructure in the early days of Apache Hadoop.
- Helped make Cloudera's customers successful with Hadoop (operations, development, training, architecture, and design).
- Was hired as the third employee; joining before "big data" was a term.