- Product Software EngineerHired, Inc.2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, ES6
- Translated 6k LOC from CoffeeScript to ES6.
- Improved performance of critical pages by 20%.
- Attained top performer rank across a thirty-person engineering team for commits, additions, and deletions in 2016 (caveats apply, of course).
- Built many, many features in Rails. Fixed many bugs.
- Software ConsultantFunded/Profitable Stealth Startup2014 - 2015
Technologies: AngularJS, Django, Docker, AWS, HTML5, CSS3, Amazon S3, CORS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Git, Python
- Oversaw a junior developer: Performed code reviews, provided architectural oversight, etc.
- Designed and built a complete front-end SPA.
- Wrote and integrated a REST API to interact with the front-end.
- Built Docker server images and automated the build/deploy workflow. Deployed them using Git for app code deployment along with Docker and AWS Elastic Beanstalk for full deployment.
- Wrote a robust, configurable, and scalable worker queue supervision system using AWS.
- Co-Founder, CEO, Lead DeveloperEmerald Educational Technologies, LLC2012 - 2014
- Led a team of three developers and three non-technical people.
- Developed a desktop application for Windows and OS X using the PyQt framework. Read a bunch of Objective-C.
- Built a custom cross-platform auto-updater for the desktop application.
- Built technology to prevent students from cheating on exams, even when using their own computers.
- Designed an intuitive document editor described by users as a simple version of Google Docs.
- Implemented Diff-based, offline-first, real-time document sync, including revision history. It was thus robust against Internet failure or computer crashes during an exam.
- Designed an intuitive exam administration experience for tech-averse teachers and professors. It was described by one instructional technologist as being “the simplest education technology product I’ve ever seen.”.