Verified Expert in Engineering
Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub, Postman, MySQL Workbench, MongoDB Atlas
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a fraud lead generation tool that helped save the company millions of dollars.
Machine Learning Software Engineer
- Built a custom-named entity recognition model to detect healthcare facilities and providers in scanned documents.
- Led a team of five annotators to curate labeled datasets needed for machine learning initiatives and set up automated quality control checks.
- Identified a prioritized list of machine learning applications to improve product offerings by meeting with various business teams to understand their needs and surveying state-of-the-art techniques.
Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Sun Life Financial Canada
- Built a text classifier to surface fraud leads from web search data, generating over $2 million in savings.
- Created a document search tool and underlying data ETL process to help identify keyword mentions for marketing opportunities replacing a manual process.
- Prototyped a neural network-based outcome prediction model that accounts for complete patient history, improving accuracy.
Software Developer Intern
- Supported the development of internal R packages to facilitate and streamline processes for clinical reporting and exploratory data analysis.
- Wrote classes to create labels and data filters on graphs and tables, complete with unit tests and documentation.
- Implemented a structured, easy-to-debug approach to turn static code into dynamic code within Shiny modules while returning the reproducible offline code and writing the accompanying tutorial.
Application Tracker App
Articles Archiving Tool
Pyopendatato Python Package
It was written in Python 3, with automated tests using Travis CI and automated code coverage generated using Codecov.
Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Experimental Design, A/B Testing, Deep Learning, Transformers, Natural Language Processing (NLP), fastText, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Computational Inference, Bayesian Statistics, CI/CD Pipelines, Salesforce Apex, Salesforce Lightning
Flask, Express.js, Redux, RStudio Shiny, Jest
Node.js, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Bing API, PySpark, Google Sheets API, React
GitHub, Git, Postman, Apache Airflow, MySQL Workbench, MongoDB Atlas, Pytest, Travis CI, Codecov
Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch
Master of Mathematics in Statistics
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring