Verified Expert in Engineering
Alexander is a veteran software developer with 19 years of expertise in highly versatile projects, from telecommunications enterprise solutions with five-nines of availability to fast-moving and disruptive cryptography-heavy blockchain startups. His engineering background enables Alexander to offer clients various back-end server task solutions. His previous roles include CTO, DBA, co-founder, and lead developer.
Debian, Python, Django, Java, Scala, Akka, PostgreSQL, H2, Ethereum, Linux
The most amazing...
...system I created is UniCherryGarden, an Ethereum data mining platform that makes the blockchain-stored data (e.g., asset transfers) ready to analyze.
- Created a complete, independent cloud-based solution to optimize the parameters of customizable trading strategies through mass-backtesting at Amazon cloud workers.
- Designed and implemented all system components singlehandedly, including cloud-based data storage, the refreshers of real-market trading data from the Binance API, back ends, DevOps procedures, internal APIs, and a user-friendly web front-end.
- Implemented a highly scalable AWS-based parameter optimization engine, predicting costs and providing large savings using the Amazon Spot instances.
- Discovered and implemented numerous workarounds to imitate various quirks and undocumented behaviors of the TradingView strategy execution engine, enabling the custom execution engine to stay in sync with the execution for thousands of trades.
- Integrated a whole new blockchain network with external blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum), implementing the cross-blockchain swap solutions, which have successfully converted thousands of transactions worth hundreds of thousands of dollars since then.
- Designed and implemented UniCherryGarden, an open-source data-mining and data-cherry-picking solution for Ethereum to analyze the blockchain and represent its internal technical data (events, topics) in business-logic SQL view (transfers, balances).
- Served in developer relations (DevRel) and evangelist roles. Set up and maintained a comprehensive knowledge base with all the technical resources and specifications.
- Wrote dozens of original technical articles (English and Russian) and supported communities with thousands of members.
- Guided teammates and was a go-to SME in the development team on multiple topics such as blockchains, Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts, exchanges and trading, blockchain user expectations, and best practices.
Senior Back-end Developer and DBA
- Led and guided the team to utilize PostgreSQL features, significantly boosting performance in a federal-scale eCommerce conversion back-end project by one of the country's top three telecommunication providers. Moved from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
- Participated in an in-house startup boutique. Architected and co-architected dozens of startups in the early prototyping and business experiments phase.
- Created a highly-security-agnostic cross-platform (Windows, Linux, macOS) messenger with encrypted local storage and Bitcoin cryptocurrency transfer using Java and JavaFX.
Chief Technical Officer
- Co-founded, designed, initially developed, and led the team to launch the distributed cross-platform (Linux, Windows, macOS) system for encrypted peer-to-peer data backup and storage (e.g., P2P Dropbox).
- Won, as a CTO of the winning project, the cloud computing investment award by EMC² at the WebReady-2012 expo.
- Involved in all aspects of early startup functioning, from technical design and architecture to business models, investment topics, and marketing materials.
- Envisioned and implemented the flexible and adaptable system architecture that quickly pivoted the startup multiple times aftermarket needs, from secure P2P storage to centralized file cloud and software file storage API.
- Implemented the signal-processing system for IoT traffic and smart houses for seniors and those with disabilities, with a complex, fully SQL-side-implemented rule-based engine for signal stream analysis.
- Completed multiple Django-based projects that involved heavy PostgreSQL-specific features previously unsupported by the Django framework. Designed and published the methodology to combine them.
- Received my feature patch, enabling the utilization of more complex features of RDBMS back ends, accepted in the mainstream Django codebase, and became officially listed in the Authors file of the Django framework.
Mera Networks / MFI Soft (now Orion Innovation)
- Joined the multi-national telecommunications company Nortel Networks (led and mentored a 10+ member team) and developed the high availability (“5 nines”) telecommunication network back end through five, year-long software release cycles.
- Analyzed the data from different decommissioned external databases for a major country-wide on-site project in India. Implemented the data conversion for live production data of 12+ million customers in 11 cities and ensured secure migration.
- Analyzed external solutions for offsite projects and ensured safe conversions in six projects, four different decommissioned vendors, and five countries totaling about 10+ million affected customers.
Django, Django REST Framework, JUnit, Akka, Twisted, Qt, Bootstrap
PostgreSQL, H2, Relational Databases, SQLite, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, RDBMS, MySQL
Geth (go-ethereum), Ansible, Git, Akka Cluster, Docker Compose, Mercurial, NGINX, Shell
Unit Testing, Distributed Computing, Cross-platform, REST
Ethereum, JavaFX, Linux, Debian, Docker, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon
Backtesting Trading Strategies, DOM, Integration Testing, Relational Database Design, IT Systems Architecture, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Bitcoin, Cython, Peer-to-peer Networking, GSM, 3GPP, VoIP, SIP Protocol, H.323, Signal Analysis, APIs, Cross-platform App Development, Cross-platform Libraries, Cross-platform UX, Cryptocurrency, TradingView, Bootstrap 4, Full-stack, Shell Scripting, Unix Shell Scripting, RESTful Microservices, RESTful Services
SQLAlchemy, PyQt, PySide, JSON-RPC, Pandas, Amazon API, Binance API, Vue, REST APIs
Specialist Degree in Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics
Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod - National Research University (UNN) - Nizhny Novgorod