Software Developer2013 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Python, Flask, Django, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Debian
- Design critical systems used by government agencies to handle employee transactions using Python/Django.
- Build a web-based platform to interact with medial devices with Python/Django and SOAP.
- Build back-end systems for travel operators, from API design to implementation in Node.js.
Co-Founder/CTO2012 - PRESENTMusic & Data Geeks
Technologies: Python, Google Cloud Platform, Redis,
- Build seevl.fm/play.seevl.fm, a full-fledged recommendation platform (Python, Machine Learning, AngularJS).
- Create multiple data-analytics pipelines combining data from Twitter, YouTube, Freebase, and more, hosted on the Google Cloud platform.
- Build web-based systems for leading music magazines to let them embed curated content into streaming services, using Python and Flask.
- Write a book about music and technologies, covering various data-science aspects (recommendations, analytics, etc.).
- Give technical talks and write technical documentation on the topic aimed at various levels, from other developers to CxOs.
Research Fellow2008 - 2012Digital Enterprise Research Institute
Technologies: Python, PHP, Distributed Systems
- Designed a distributed microblogging platform using PHP, HTML5, and Websockets.
- Built a privacy-aware publish-subscribe system on top of Google's PubSubHubbub.
- Built an ontology-based infrastructure for a presence/messaging system on top of XMLL.
- Published about 100 research papers in the areas of social networking, semantic web, and distributed systems.