DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTAnnalect
Technologies: Docker, Bash, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Simplified triggering of asynchronous ECS/Batch Docker containers and Redshift clusters from applications and CloudWatch events with an API request, with API Gateway, Lambda integrations and Python modules.
- Designed and developed abstraction layers in Python modules for API Gateway and AWS SSM, to ease development while remaining cloud-agnostic.
- Excelled at migrating applications from EC2 to ECS (Docker), improving and writing standardized Dockerfiles for dozens of applications and microservices.
- Vastly improved times of resolution and standardization of processes by writing scripts to automate the creation of users/groups/schemas in Redshift/PgSQL, IAM policies/groups, and encrypted S3 buckets.
- Improved the system of asset delivery via email to S3 to allow an unlimited number of clients, using DynamoDB, SES, and Lambda.
- Managed AWS S3/API gateway triggers using AWS Lambda functions to perform a wide variety of tasks (moving files, extracting, processing, and notifying).
- Completed a solution using Ansible for the automated patching, upgrading, and configuration of a wide range of services and processes.
CTO | DevOps | Software Engineer2005 - PRESENTEduWeb
- Designed and led development of the cloud-based version of the main flagship desktop Student Information System, increasing the company’s bottom line and a number of clients, as well as to shift business to an online model.
- Spearheaded the design of databases and software modules, integrating many features including student grading, billing, a communication platform, mobile application, allowing the company to offer an integrated solution.
- Led a successful migration of the company’s on-prem stack to AWS (EB, ELB, EC2, S3, CF, RDS, R53, SNS, SES).
- Accelerated delivery times of new versions of our products by setting up automated continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Achieved a more maintainable, readable and testable code base, using TDD and best practices.
- Modernized and optimized legacy database structure and algorithms by successfully implementing the MPTT paradigm, maintaining compatibility with the legacy version of the software, with a smooth transition and no down-time.
Founder | CTO2011 - 2013Wild n Loyal
Technologies: MySQL, jQuery Mobile, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PHP
- Founded an award-winning startup.
- Created web and mobile interfaces for a loyalty application for merchants that also had a client/admin view.
- Worked as a lead developer and CTO.
- Gained valuable experience with eCommerce businesses.