Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps & AWS Developer
An is a quick and deep learner and a versatile developer specializing in AWS, DevOps, Python, PHP, and automation. He is the type of engineer who eats problems for breakfast, automates and optimizes processes for lunch, and for dessert, he finds a good challenge very appetizing.
The most amazing...
...thing I've recently developed was a self-serve DevOps website—where a simple infrastructure can be requested and deployed by authorized people.
- Simplified triggering of asynchronous ECS/Batch Docker containers and Redshift clusters from applications and CloudWatch events with an API request, with API Gateway, Lambda integrations and Python modules.
- Designed and developed abstraction layers in Python modules for API Gateway and AWS SSM, to ease development while remaining cloud-agnostic.
- Excelled at migrating applications from EC2 to ECS (Docker), improving and writing standardized Dockerfiles for dozens of applications and microservices.
- Vastly improved times of resolution and standardization of processes by writing scripts to automate the creation of users/groups/schemas in Redshift/PgSQL, IAM policies/groups, and encrypted S3 buckets.
- Improved the system of asset delivery via email to S3 to allow an unlimited number of clients, using DynamoDB, SES, and Lambda.
- Managed AWS S3/API gateway triggers using AWS Lambda functions to perform a wide variety of tasks (moving files, extracting, processing, and notifying).
- Completed a solution using Ansible for the automated patching, upgrading, and configuration of a wide range of services and processes.
CTO | DevOps | Software Engineer
- Designed and led development of the cloud-based version of the main flagship desktop Student Information System, increasing the company’s bottom line and a number of clients, as well as to shift business to an online model.
- Spearheaded the design of databases and software modules, integrating many features including student grading, billing, a communication platform, mobile application, allowing the company to offer an integrated solution.
- Led a successful migration of the company’s on-prem stack to AWS (EB, ELB, EC2, S3, CF, RDS, R53, SNS, SES).
- Accelerated delivery times of new versions of our products by setting up automated continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Achieved a more maintainable, readable and testable code base, using TDD and best practices.
- Modernized and optimized legacy database structure and algorithms by successfully implementing the MPTT paradigm, maintaining compatibility with the legacy version of the software, with a smooth transition and no down-time.
Founder | CTO
Wild n Loyal
- Founded an award-winning startup.
- Created web and mobile interfaces for a loyalty application for merchants that also had a client/admin view.
- Worked as a lead developer and CTO.
- Gained valuable experience with eCommerce businesses.
These type of scripts are amazing because they make everyone's life easier by significantly shortening the time it takes to grant access permissions or create the groups/policies—it achieves desired results in a much lower time from minutes to mere seconds. This allows higher throughput of work via the standardization of resources being created. This translates to happier clients and an absence of bottlenecks.
Automation with Ansible
I also made a wrapper Python tool that takes advantage of Ansible's AWS dynamic inventories to select and filter machines using tags and to execute commands or playbooks.
Ansible, Apache, AWS CLI, Amazon EBS, AWS IAM, AWS ELB, Git, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Bamboo, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Jenkins, NGINX, Elastic, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
Linux, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, Linux Subsystem, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Joomla
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, SQLite, Amazon EFS, JSON
CakePHP, Flask, Bootstrap, PHPUnit, Selenium
Amazon API Gateway, Smart Entry Services (SES), Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Licentiate's Degree in Physics
Universidad Simón Bolivar - Caracas, Venezuela
AWS Cloud Practitioner