DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTAnnalect
Technologies: Amazon Web Service (AWS), Python, Bash, Docker
- Automated a variety of processes including patches, upgrades, user management, IAM user management, and Reshift user management.
- Created and maintained a monitoring system (memory, CPU, disk space, running processes, and services in EC2, RDS, and Redshift) and implemented notifications via Slack and email.
- Implemented asynchronous job triggering using AWS Lambda functions and AWS Batch/ECS.
- Installed AWS Lambda monitoring and job status alerts via email and AWS Cloudwatch Event.
- Optimized a cloud email solution using AWS Lambda/AWS Dynamo and AWS—allowing an infinite number of virtual addresses.
- Managed AWS S3 triggers using AWS Lambda functions to perform a wide variety of tasks (moving files, extracting, processing, and notifying).
- Completed a solution using Ansible for the automated patching, upgrading, and configuration of a wide range of services and processes.
CTO | DevOps | Software Engineer2005 - PRESENTEduWeb
- Developed and maintained a leading online student information system with a wide range of capabilities including grade management, report generation, a messaging platform (using SMS, email, internal messages), a billing platform (that could be used both online/offline), and many more.
- Worked in many capacities such as a lead developer, DevOps, and CTO.
- Developed a mobile app for the web system.
- Wrote a script to synchronize users between Joomla and a proprietary application.
- Migrated us to being on-premise to separate cloud providers (database, application) to an AWS environment (application, database); AWS EB/RDS.
Founder | CTO2011 - 2013Wild n Loyal
Technologies: PHP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), jQuery Mobile, MySQL
- Founded an award-winning startup.
- Created web and mobile interfaces for a loyalty application for merchants that also had a client/admin view.
- Worked as a lead developer and CTO.
- Gained valuable experience with eCommerce businesses.