Verified Expert in Engineering
Site Reliability Engineer and Developer
Anand is a dynamic founder who manages multiple roles to maximize business success from the outset. With over 15 years of experience leading projects as an architect, developer, and IT operations and site reliability engineer, he is an effective leader with excellent business continuity planning and analytics skills. Anand is an expert in supporting project deliverables and maintaining releases and a leader in guiding support teams and solving complex issues.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub API, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Docker, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, Kubernetes, Ubuntu 16.04
The most amazing...
...thing I've implemented is a video conferencing app capable of running in low bandwidth and high-latency environments, used by 20 schools and 15,000 students.
Co-founder and Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Harlax Software Pvt
- Built an infrastructure log monitoring application with Logstash and Kibana (ELK) using hot-warm-cold architecture.
- Installed and set up Kubernetes cluster on AWS and in-house from scratch using Rancher Kubernetes Engine (RKE).
- Automated manual tasks with Python scripting using Boto and other libraries such as Pandas and NumPy.
- Supported a production application on the Kubernetes cluster and new deployment based on scheduled maintenance.
- Worked actively on IaC, PAC, automated single-click deployment, configuration management, and production support.
- Guided projects to meet deadlines, budgets, and agreed specifications. Monitored, fixed, and improved infrastructure continuously.
- Troubleshot any operational issues related to infrastructure and collaborated with internal teams to learn user requirements and implement technical solutions.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer
Harlax Software Pvt
- Drove release of a private beta launch end-to-end Garroda learning management system (LMS), defined feature requirements, prioritized tasks for engineers, conducted pre-launch product testing, and created customer communications material.
- Performed competitive research for an online LMS portal and developed initial requirements.
- Led a team of four engineers to implement a provisioning system, gathered requirements, and created mockups.
- Defined key performance metrics for customer product usage and behavior.
- Oversaw technology strategy, system architecture, product innovation, and acquisition of key technologies for Garroda video conferencing solution.
- Identified top prospective server platforms, including AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, and Hetzner, for best performance and the most cost-effective platform.
- Assessed maximum throughput of the server by adding multiple participants to a meeting using a custom testing solution based on Puppeteer, Node.js, and virtual webcam streams with OBS.
- Deployed an open-source load balancer that managed a pool of servers distributing requests to the least loaded server in the pool.
- Identified top choke points for maximum users in a meeting, ran a meeting on an unstable network or low bandwidth remote locations, brainstormed and prioritized solutions, and influenced a cross-functional team to implement top solutions.
- Managed AWS services such as Beanstalk, CloudFront, Lambda, RDS, EC2, and IAM and monitored the entire service over Nagios.
Co-founder and Senior Software Engineer
Harlax Software Pvt
- Designed architecture of jewelry manufacturing software and a customized limited accounting entry and reporting system using Laravel PHP framework and MySQL for Ashok Jewels, one of the prominent exporters in India.
- Set up MAMP on macOS X Server and AMPPS, ownCloud, Samba file server on Ubuntu Server, migrating web apps such as WebCollab to ActiveCollab self-hosted solution and AEF Forum to phpBB and managing pfSense firewall.
- Managed two product lifecycle management (PLM) called KluTax and Aquatree from concept to development and launch with teams across India. Built them with Java Swing, JavaFX, MySQL, Hibernate, and OSGi.
- Architected an anti-ransomware file server solution with dual-layer protection using Git to track changes, switching Samba with FTP and SFTP and Windows explorer with SmartFTP.
- Built a stock trading KYC and AOF management system for one of India's top online stock broker companies.
- Designed architecture of GUI management console for Clam AntiVirus on client and server model. The console had the option of remote scheduled scans, custom scans, and pushing updates to clients over the network.
- Developed a power management server-client utility to auto shut down on power cut, restart when power is restored, and set maintenance and hibernate time, respected by clients using Bash scripting and SFTP and ICMP protocols.
- Performed scraping and downloading of over 224,000 records of Taxmann.com using AutoHotkey, Python, and Selenium to detect links that were not working and categorize downloads into different folders.
Senior Software Engineer
- Maintained and customized traffic applications for goods and container traffic and generated 7A, 7B, 7C, and 6A statements with related reports.
- Updated master rates, commodity, distance, station, and traffic plan.
- Submitted raw data to RITES on scheduled dates and provided full assistance regarding goods and traffic data per expected rates.
- Generated all statistical and account statements, including periodical, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly reports and annual station-wise ABC analysis of earnings and loadings.
- Liaised with a centralized apportionment system CRIS w.r.t C.A.S. for goods and passenger earnings and submission of desired data.
- Generated other reports such as service tax, statistical statements 15 and 30, FOIS reports, and monthly summary file and their control. Checked continuity of RRs and printed daily incorrect statements.
Co-founder and Software Developer
Harlax Software Pvt
- Set up a Ubuntu Server with LAMP stack and deployed project management systems called Advanced Electron Forum and WebCollab.
- Created a control panel for a portal in PHP, giving customers the flexibility to change the website design of choice.
- Developed a single-page Ajax application called LiteBooks, a remote journal entries system, and a web-based contact manager for managing visiting cards. Set up squid proxy server with transparent proxy on Ubuntu Server.
- Designed architecture of inventory management software for Jyoti Prints, one of the top three fabricators in Rajasthan.
- Built a point of sale (POS), Mirchiisoft, based on open-source POS OpenBravo and built on Java Swing and MySQL. Developed a roulette gaming application on Java Swing for an established casino facility.
- Programmed a web-based application called LetsEqui on PHP, cURL, and libcurl to fetch data from stock exchanges and generate reports and graphs. Designed an MVC eCommerce portal for TheFineWorld jewelry startup, built on Yii PHP framework and MySQL.
- Patched pfSense firewall (BSD) kernel to support networking for VirtualBox. Set up a virtualization environment using VMware ESXi, network RAID, and DRBD and migrated the same environment to Proxmox.
- Redesigned and restructured Microsoft SQL database to handle an existing auditing system consisting of more than four million records for one million unique individuals.
- Implemented strategies to simultaneously execute CRUD operations by an average of 40 concurrent connections.
- Oversaw logical and physical design toward application and database tuning to bring execution time metric for multiple queries from 30 seconds to under five seconds.
- Maintained performance of databases using advanced tuning methods and customized scripts.
- Designed a complete backup and recovery strategy for all production systems and managed a third-party development team.
Dhabriya Polywood Limited
- Developed a bridge between a proprietary .NET inventory application and a VMware virtual machine running off-the-shelf stock-cutting software.
- Sent request payload data from a .NET application to a Perl script, which automated the feeding of data and exported a response used by the .NET application to manage the inventory.
- Performed VM state actions such as start, headless start, stop, and sleep in the background.
- Assisted in understanding stock-cutting algorithms like parallel approach, guillotine method, or hyper-heuristics method for architectural refactoring in the long run and eliminating off-the-shelf stock-cutting software.
Sanysan Appliances Private Limited
- Built a dynamic website for one of the largest goods importers holding more than 2,500 individual products.
- Developed a web application for a call center to manage orders, compliances, inventory, and individual cPanel for transport, head office, and telecaller department using PHP, MySQL for the back end, Ajax, and jQuery.
- Optimized database to handle 135,000 unique profiles, process e-payments, and generate PDF, Excel, and automated email.
- Created sales pitches by different regions, specific dates of the month, weekdays or weekends, repeat customers, total invoice value, and bundled products.
- Developed two specific eCommerce websites integrating orders and inventories into the application.
Junior Software Developer
Gempulse Infotech Private Limited
- Assisted in discovering the difference between macOS X Server 10.4 on standard Macintosh hardware and x86 generic PC running on Intel chip for educational and research purposes.
- Installed and maintained WebObjects web application server for Apple.
- Oversaw web application server, monitoring, and report generation.
- Developed a solution integrating a third-party product to achieve smooth dispatch of marketing emails.
- Resolved the SMTP server blocking warning by using a technique of sending emails in small bursts and irregular patterns.
- Achieved a throughput of more than 4,000 emails every day.
Beta Version of Garroda Video Conferencing Apphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nac4rVP9uPU
Swing, Selenium, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Yii, Laravel, WebObjects, Hibernate, OSGi
GitLab CI/CD, Squid Proxy Server, pfSense, PhpBB, AutoHotkey, Terraform, VMware, cURL Command Line Tool, Git, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Sublime Text 3, MAMP, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS IAM, Nagios, ELK (Elastic Stack), Docker Compose
MySQL, OwnCloud, Google Cloud, IBM Db2, Microsoft SQL Server, DRBD
Java 5, Ajax, Networking, TCP/IP, Routing, Point of Sale, RAID, VMware ESXi, Solution Architecture, AMPPS, FTP, SFTP, ICMP, Technology Strategy & Architecture, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Ubuntu 16.04, Data Structures, Algorithms, Cisco Switches, Complex Reasoning, SMTP, Mail Servers, Performance Tuning, Load Balancers, Amazon RDS, Linux Server Administration
GitHub API, Java Servlets, jQuery, MooTools, Google Maps, Libcurl, Puppeteer, Node.js, React
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JavaFX, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, MacOS, Magento, Joomla, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Rancher
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
University of Rajasthan - Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
National IT Aptitude Test (NITAT)
NASSCOM Assessment of Competence (NAC)
IBM Certified Database Associate
Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Sun Certified Java Programmer
Cisco Certified Network Associate