Verified Expert in Engineering
With over a decade of experience in software development, architecture, and leadership, André has designed solutions that have impacted more than 30 million people. André also managed companies, leading them to growth and receiving several innovation-related prizes. Besides coding, he also likes to discuss the solutions with the clients and participate in its architecture. Being passionate about software development, he codes even in his free time and can ramp up quickly in any tech stack.
WebStorm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...solution I've developed and architected is Exati Street Light, now used in more than 300 cities by the government and impacts over 30 million people.
Senior Developer and Tech Leader
- Led the technical side of a team of ten developers to maintain and evolve a COVID-19 Health Service Portal that tracks patient records, allowing entrance to events based on vaccine status, daily wellness fulfillment, and test results.
- Oversaw the back-end and DevOps team migration of the infrastructure from a semi-serverless and cloud-dependant environment to a fully scalable and serverless environment with AWS Aurora, Lambda, and Terraform.
- Led and developed integrations with Salesforce and Tableau, working directly with the two separate Salesforce teams for each integration.
- Led the company together with the CEO to be present in more than ten Brazilian capitals, managing over four million assets in the leading solution.
- Created a junior developer-friendly framework written in Java that, even with multiple errors, would not crash or freeze: it performed very well under pressure and is still used today.
- Developed the first mobile app and framework for Android 2.3. Also, set the whole sync process between the mobile app and the Java application, as the app had to run 100% offline. This app is still being used and is evolving today.
- Coordinated the team that migrated our Flex (AS3) front end to Vue. Acted as the architect and coded a framework on top of Vuetify, customizing lint rules to keep everything standard and future-proof.
- Architected and coded the MVP of the IoT middleware solution, which integrates remote-controlled IoT devices with Exati's solution.
- Designed new solutions whenever necessary, always involving analyzing data to make decisions and developing the frameworks so developers could start working on them.
Consultant | Solution Architect
- Architected a multitenant on-premise solution respecting the IT specifications of the oil and gas companies. Developed the Java framework on top of JAX-RS, generating a REST API for communication with our front end developed on React.
- Co-developed a mobile app using React Native so it could be used as a scanning tool, synchronizing pictures of a 3D camera using BLE integration and 3D equipment rendered in the mobile app using expo-gl.
- Developed the API Bridge for Android in React Native to connect to Insta360 One X2 Camera for the scanning tool.
- Developed a Cordova plugin to connect to Insta360 One X2 Camera for the scanning tool.
- Developed a mobile app on Ionic required to have the whole 3D industrial asset run smoothly and automatically sync whenever it had internet on top of CouchDB to sync and interact with external sensors via custom BLE Protocol.
- Architected the communication and synchronization between the mobile app and the on-shore and off-shore servers.
- Became the head developer after two years at the company and having started as an intern.
- Applied the Scrum methodology, working as a scrum master and changing the company development cycle.
- Developed the companies' first mobile app using Symbian.
It is a side project for which I created the concept and completed the full development in roughly eight months, working only on the weekends.
It's a full PLG and multilanguage solution, currently available in Portuguese and English, where the users can start their account on their own. It uses Stripe to manage all the paid users’ signatures.
I developed the front end, the back end, and the integrations as well.
One of the best features is the journey and onboarding creation that allows users to add books, podcasts, and articles; record their own screens and cameras; and even assign a test to the employees to ensure the journey or onboarding has been taken.
Exati Street Light Managementhttps://exati.com/street-light-management/
In this project, I was one of the creators and coders and kept managing and coding until the last year. Since the team was mainly junior and intern, I had the challenge of coding a developer-friendly framework that wouldn't crash even with multiple errors. I developed techniques that ensured the framework would perform well under pressure and was reliable and easy to code.
I also developed the first version of the mobile app, which was required to work offline, even with an offline map, since most Brazilian cities had a poor 3G connection.
Vidya Digital Twin Platformhttps://vidyatec.com/software/
I was the architect of the whole solution and developed a custom framework for Vidya and its development team.
I developed the first front-end and mobile versions, connecting and rendering the 3D models and importing and parsing them to enable the manipulation of all the 3D data.
Once the mobile solution is used in offshore locations, we couldn't risk any accident in transporting the data between the offshore and the onshore, and we needed to have backup servers in the client's offshore locations.
For this case, I also developed the synchronization between the offshore and onshore servers. It was a really hard task since the mobile app could sync to the offshore and onshore locations, and the offshore and onshore locations could also sync between themselves whenever there was an internet connection.
In this solution, I acted as the product owner and the tech leader. I also worked with three junior developers and one designer.
My main responsibility was to develop the app structure and the front-end framework on top of Vue.js.
One of the hardest decisions for this project, which turned out to be the best one, was using CouchDB as our mobile database. We were developing an offline-first app, and CouchDB has a superior synchronization technique.
Vuetify, Nuxt.js, Spring Boot, Loopback, Adobe Flex, React Native, NestJS, Cypress, Redux, Next.js
Vue, Node.js, Stripe, Vuex, React
Cordova Plugins, Ghost Inspector
Android, Firebase, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Salesforce
PostgreSQL, CouchDB, SQLite, GeoServer, PostGIS, Firebird, Google Cloud
Cordova, Software Development, Back-end, Architecture, Bluetooth, SOAP, APIs, Serverless, Amazon API Gateway, Game Development
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Positivo University - Curitiba, Brazil
Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná (PUCPR)