Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrei is a senior mobile developer with over six years of experience building and maintaining robust mobile applications. He specializes in Android development and has a vast knowledge of the tools currently used for Android application development, including Java and Kotlin. Also, he has experience in working with cross-platform frameworks like Flutter.
MacOS, Windows, Mobile Development
The most amazing...
...project I've led as a lead Android developer provided aid for users with disabilities. The app is used in the train stations of London.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Worked in a team specializing in support, performance, and observability by facilitating and providing software-based solutions for a leading digital product in the entertainment industry.
- Enhanced the UI/UX and provided multiple video streaming performance upgrades.
- Integrated third-party video streaming analytics software with multiple stream services custom components.
- Resolved multiple Google Ads-related issues and reduced the application crash rate by providing custom analytics solutions.
- Held multiple technical team introduction discussions related to cross-platform mobile technologies (Flutter).
Senior Mobile Developer
- Led an Android mobile team on a leading digital product within the housing industry.
- Provided multiple software-based solutions to improve the product's overall performance and decrease battery usage through multiple refactoring cycles. Battery consumption had an overall reduction of 35% while doing main flow app operations.
- Implemented custom QR code scanner solutions and integrated them with multiple US delivery services.
- Acted as a lead technical recruiter and conducted multiple technical interviews for Android-related positions.
- Provided custom SSL (Secure Socket Layer) solutions for a mobile application in the military industry.
- Developed a custom, offline, continuous integration process using Jenkins for a network restrictive product in the military industry.
Mid Mobile Developer
Wolfpack Digital SRL
- Acted as a team lead/developer and built two mobile applications that were a part of a digital product within the transportation industry meant to assist users with disabilities, notifying staff to support them with train onboarding.
- Worked with real-time, client-server communication through WebSockets and Firebase Realtime Database. Created a custom chat feature that allowed users to share live locations via Mapbox.
- Developed an app that provides an improved alternative for taking meeting notes. The app records meeting conversations and returns full transcripts of the entire conversation through IBM Watson AI.
- Successfully migrated multiple Java-based Android projects to Kotlin and refactored entire app architectures from MVP to MVVM.
- Improved an app's UI/UX and performance; also upgraded audio file data transfers by converting the audio files from an mp3 format to Ogg using FFmpeg.
Mid Mobile Developer
- Provided software solutions for an app designed as a controller for a third-party camera. Applied multiple video editing techniques through FFmpeg libraries.
- Built an application that displays all social events based on the user's location and preferences through communication with Facebook API. The app architecture was an MVP.
- Created a presentation application for a popular Hollywood makeup artist. Provided custom views implementation to resemble iOS native UI components. Integrated the app with Spotify API, as well as third-party payment with Two Tap.
Junior Mobile Developer
- Developed a mobile business management application using REST APIs, Android SDK components, and custom views.
- Provided software solutions to improve UI/UX and increase application performance by minimizing memory leaks and battery usage on multiple applications.
- Developed a social media mobile application using Geolocation, Maps API, and REST API. Refactored app architecture and improved UI/UX.
This was a personal project, and I handled all levels of development, implementation, and design.
Sama | Spyfallhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spyfall.sama
This was a personal project, and I worked alone on all stages of the product.
Java, Kotlin, Dart, C++
Android SDK, Flutter
Android Studio, Android Jetpack, Gradle, Android NDK, Jira, Jenkins, Charles, Confluence, ExoPlayer, Figma, Spreadsheets, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel
Class-based OOP, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, Mobile Development, Clean Architecture, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Continuous Integration (CI), Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Cross-platform
Android, Mobile, Arduino, Firebase, MacOS, Windows, New Relic
Cloud Firestore, Databases, MySQL
Push Notifications, Authentication, Mobile App Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), APIs, Mobile Apps, Google Play Store, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Debugging, SSL, SSL Certificates, Breadboarding, Integration Testing, Coroutines, SMS, WebSockets, Bluetooth, Smart Devices, Internet of Things (IoT), QR Codes, Android Animations, Subscriptions, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Data Structures, Embedded Java, Education, Video Streaming, Controls
RxJava, RxJava 2, REST APIs
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Technical University of Cluj Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring