Shell Scripting Developer
Andrés is a goal-oriented DevOps engineer with over a decade of working experience with *nix systems and heterogeneous infrastructures. He stands out with his excellent communication skills, as well as for his flexible and analytical approach to problem-solving. For the last four years, Andrés has worked in AWS environments with different infrastructures as code frameworks, config management, and orchestration tooling.
ExperienceLinux - 10 yearsShell Scripting - 10 yearsDevOps - 4 yearsInfrastructure as Code (IaC) - 4 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 4 yearsAnsible - 3 yearsTerraform - 2 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Terraform, Python, Linux, DevOps
The most amazing...
...challenge I've had was having to refactor most of the troposphere-based IaaC so we could deploy our infrastructure in a multi-account manner.
- Refactored the IaaC tool to deploy the infrastructure in several AWS accounts.
- Automated ES backups in S3 and provided the base ground to restore it.
- Reduced AWS bills 20% by scaling EC2 instances to zero and did it according to schedule.
- Implemented automated upgrades for security patches.
- Supported application teams in the software development life cycle to ensure successful releases.
- Followed and tracked projects in Jira involving infrastructure and development teams.
- Participated in the architecture design and the step-by-step planning of new services.
- Deployed new services and infrastructure with Terraform in AWS.
- Managed incidents during on-call rotation 24/7 restoring faulty services that affected the end-user.
- Optimized and tuned the infrastructure and services, from Linux kernel in AWS AMIs to application configurations using automation tools.
- Enhanced the monitoring system with automatic remediation actions depending on the alert and severity with Ansible and Puppet.
- Supported a wide variety of high traffic infrastructures, from AWS to bare-metal deployments.
- Debugged and solved infrastructure misbehavior related to NTP, SSL, and configuration management.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Configured and provisioned lt virtual servers with VMware ESX and bare-metal servers (development. quality control, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, production) for internal and on-demand projects.
- Configured and managed hosted SVN/Trac repositories for companies projects.
- Maintained and deployed an internal DNS infrastructure and views for new and existing offices.
- Upgraded and maintained hosted Atlassian tools like Bamboo and Crucible.
- Maintained, configured, and deployed FTP, web, and WordPress services among others.
Unix Production System Analyst Support
- Supported Verizon's application telephone invoice system.
- Developed KSH and T-SQL scripts to identify recurrent issues in the application's backend.
- Analyzed project migration feasibility to new environments.
Operation Production Support
- Supported a critical financial related infrastructure for an internal customer.
- Monitored and supported ESB, MySQL servers, and IIS in production environment.
- Reported issues and managed projects for the global team.
Unix System Administrator
- Supported application migrations under WebSphere application server on Linux systems.
- Configured and maintained Solaris and AIX customer infrastructures.
- Prepared and reviewed technical instructions for standardized deployments.
AWS Kibana Dashboard Migration Toolhttps://github.com/j0v3/migrate-kibana-dashboard
DevOps, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, Agile, Kanban, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Software Development, Shell Scripting, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Akamai, BIND, FTP, DHCP, NFS, IIS, F5 Networks, FTP Servers, HAProxy, DNS Servers, BIND 9, 12 Factor, Red Hat SpaceWalk, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
Ansible, Terraform, Grafana, Jenkins, Puppet, Nagios, VMware, NGINX, Apache, Git, Subversion (SVN), Terminal, Zsh, AWS CLI, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS CodeCommit, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CodeBuild, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS ELB
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CentOS, Unix, Solaris, WebSphere, Docker, Sensu, Kubernetes, BSD, AIX, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, OpenShift, Amazon EC2
Bash, Python 3, SQL, YAML, AWK, Python, KSH, T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering
Universidad de la Marina Mercante - Buenos Aires, Argentina