Senior Site Reliability Engineer2021 - PRESENTAround
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EKS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS Lambda, AWS Global Accelerator, Terraform, Terragrunt, GitHub, Kubernetes, Tailscale, PostgreSQL, Helm, Argo CD
- Deployed an AWS organization migrating production workload to a specific account. Configured AWS authentication using Google Workspace as IDP using SAML.
- Migrated the IaC codebase to a state-of-the-art configuration, handling multiple providers, including AWS, Google Workspace, GCP, PagerDuty, and others. This was achieved using Terraform and Terragrunt along with Atlantis.
- Migrated multiple geographically distributed Kubernetes clusters without downtime.
- Deployed EKS clusters in all available AWS regions, enabling the best latency for our videoconferencing product.
- Upgraded the PostgreSQL version of the main database without downtime and improved the database structure, indexes, and queries, enhancing overall performance during peak hours.
DevOps Engineer2021 - 2021ReadySet Technology, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Terraform, DevOps, Helm, Debian, Git, Amazon EC2, Bash Script, MacOS
- Built pipelines to generate AWS AMIs with Packer used by customers to deploy the infrastructure offered by the company.
- Created the Terraform code to fully deploy the solution in AWS, including VPC, RDS, Load Balancers, and EC2 instances.
- Implemented pipelines to run quality checks on Terraform code—including deployments and modules—to ensure the code followed industry standards. Used such tools as pre-commit hooks, checkov, tflint, tfsec, and terraform-docs.
DevOps Engineer2020 - 2021Syllable Corporation
Technologies: DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS DevOps, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS CloudFormation, Twilio, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), ECS, PostgreSQL
- Worked with engineering to prepare the cloud infrastructure for HIPAA compliancy.
- Reverse-engineered the running infrastructure and codified the whole stack using Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Created an Infrastructure as Code CI/CD pipeline that allowed the release of infrastructural changes to the corresponding environments using CircleCI and Terragrunt.
- Migrated the AWS account to an AWS organization with multiple accounts to split the production workload from other workloads. Configured AWS user authentication with Google Workspace as IdP.
Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - 2021Labelbox
Technologies: Ansible, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), MySQL, Helm, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Datadog, Elasticsearch, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, DevSecOps, SAML, Identity & Access Management (IAM), SOC 2, HIPAA Compliance, Terraform, Debian, Git, Docker, Bash Script, Citus, MacOS
- Migrated the main production database (3TB) from MySQL 5.7 to MySQL 8.0 without downtime.
- Created a Terraform module to deploy a production-grade Citus cluster in Google Cloud Platform. Other tools like Packer, Ansible, and Python were used in this project. I have also contributed to the pg_auto_failover project.
- Initiated a self-service infrastructure project for our engineering team, leveraging env0, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Helm charts to allow quick development environments in the cloud.
- Automated the provisioning of on-premise deployments using replication tools. The technologies involved were Terraform, Bash scripting, and Packer.
Lead DevOps Engineer2014 - 2020Perceptyx
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, Packer, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, MySQL, Redis, FreeBSD, SaltStack, DevOps, DevSecOps, SAML, Identity & Access Management (IAM), SOC 2, Jenkins, Debian, Git, Amazon EC2, Unix, Cassandra, Bash Script, Vagrant, MacOS
- Led a team of nine senior DevOps engineers distributed across four different continents.
- Led and implemented multiple pipelines to improve the quality and robustness of our platform by using tools like Packer, Terraform, GitLab CI, and Kitchen CI.
- Automated package building and testing for FreeBSD servers, SaltStack configuration testing, development environments, AWS AMI creation, and the Perl environment build (runtime and modules).
CTO2012 - 2018Global IT Solutions S.R.L
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Networking, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Bash, Amazon EC2, FreeBSD, Asterisk, VoIP, Puppet, SaltStack, HAProxy, NGINX, Apache, Linux, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Azure, Red Hat Linux, VMware ESXi, Debian, Git, Terraform, Bash Script, Travis CI
- Provided support to customers using cloud computing technologies.
- Coached new employees and partners in Linux, networking, and virtualization.
- Supported sales projects generating new services and products based on a mix of technologies.
- Managed projects and deadlines for a team of local and remote personnel.
DevOps Engineer PHP2015 - 2015Business Services (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, DevOps, Debian Linux, MySQL, Infrastructure Monitoring, TYPO3, Beanstalk, Chef, Vagrant, Puppet.js, Elasticsearch, Debian, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Terraform, Bash Script
- Migrated the complete infrastructure from private VPSs to AWS.
- Codified the whole infrastructure with Terraform, following best practices.
- Improved database queries and data structure, generating a 300% performance improvement on the same instance (RDS).
Senior Sysadmin2011 - 2013inConcert
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Cloud Computing, Core Location, Software-defined Data Centers (SDDC), Windows, Linux, Asterisk, VoIP, Red Hat Linux, Debian, Git, CentOS, Bash Script, IBM SoftLayer
- Supervised seven POP data centers in the USA and Spain, providing mission-critical VoIP services to customers worldwide.
- Installed, maintained, and supported more than fifty servers with Linux and Windows platforms.
- Configured and managed intra-carrier VoIP cross-connections to handle thousands of calls per day.
- Developed an automated installation script for A2Billing that allowed other company coworkers to install the solution for our customers worldwide.
- Acted as the point of contact to co-location and hosting providers, including SoftLayer, NAP of the Americas, PhoenixNAP, and others. managed purchases, maintenance plans, and internal company support.
- Helped design and deploy the company's private cloud infrastructure.
Senior System Administrator2010 - 2012Ikuna Media S.L.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), LAMP, MySQL, Adobe Flash, Wowza, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Amazon EC2, Debian, Git, Bash Script
- Migrated a mission-critical system from a dedicated server to a high-availability Amazon platform in one week to support a high traffic spike during the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Created a scalable streaming solution using AWS, Adobe Flash Media, Wowza, and Amazon CloudFront, allowing the company to stream live events like MTV Europe awards to thousands of viewers worldwide.
- Reviewed the company web platform performance, supporting several thousand hits per day for customers like EFE News, Telemundo, and Telefonica, resulting in up to a 50% performance increase using the same resources.
- Created email marketing infrastructure using EC2 and SES to provide services to several customers, ensuring deliverability and inbox reach.
- Provided support to development teams, assisting new technologies and best practices to achieve high availability and performant services.
Owner2009 - 2012AM Technology & Systems
Technologies: LAMP, Zimbra, Asterisk, MS Exchange, Windows, FreeBSD, Unix, Linux, VMware ESXi, Git, Bash Script
- Worked on sales and technical solutions to gain customers and generate new services and products.
- Provided support for hosting servers with a vast range of technologies, from stripped-down LAMP servers to cPanel and Plesk setups.
- Supported Cisco networks with customers in the USA and Australia.
- Supported Windows corporate systems with AD, Exchange, and IIS.
- Migrated hosting servers between providers with hundreds of sites without downtime.
CTO and Co-founder2006 - 2009IT Business
Technologies: Windows, Asterisk, VoIP, Telecommunications, Networking, FreeBSD, Cisco, Linux, VMware ESXi, Embedded Linux, Bash Script
- Supervised the technology department responsible for customers with over 100 PCs.
- Migrated several corporate MS Exchange installations from 5.5 to 2003.
- Deployed corporate VoIP PBXs using Asterisk software.
- Installed and maintained a metropolitan area network using WiFi links with Ubiquiti, MikroTik, and custom equipment with OpenWRT software.
- Managed a seven-member technical team to support customer needs.
NOC Supervisor2005 - 2006Diveo Uruguay S.A.
Technologies: Windows, Solaris, Wireless Networking, Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), PDH, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Cisco, Linux, Unix, Bash Script
- Supported the company and customer networks that consisted of carrier-class network equipment like Cisco, Harris, and Ericsson Tellabs.
- Managed servers using Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- Upgraded software and hardware for Cisco core routers (7950), including bootloaders.
- Provided support and assistance to enterprise customers.
- Designed new network links and services and coordinated with the marketing department to increase sales.