- DevOps Manager2014 - PRESENTPerceptyx, Inc.
Technologies: Perl, SaltStack, FreeBSD, AWS, Redis, MySQL
- Automated package building and testing for FreeBSD servers, SaltStack configuration testing, creation of development environments and AWS AMI, and the Perl environment build (runtime and modules).
- Provided disaster recovery and load offloading to AWS.
- CTO2012 - PRESENTGlobal IT Solutions
Technologies: Linux, Apache, NGINX, HAProxy, SaltStack, Puppet, VoIP, Asterisk, FreeBSD, EC2, AWS, Bash, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Networking
- Provided support to customers using cloud computing technologies.
- Deployed high availability platforms.
- Coached new employees and partners in Linux, networking, and virtualization.
- Supported sales projects generating new services and products based on a mix of technologies.
- Managed projects and deadlines for a team of local and remote personnel.
- Created a puppet module for a client to install and configure WildFly (https://github.com/amontalban/puppet-wildfly).
- Senior Sysadmin2011 - 2013inConcert
Technologies: VoIP, Asterisk, Linux, Windows, Datacenters, Co-Location, Cloud Computing, MS SQL
- Supervised seven PoP datacenters in the USA and Spain providing mission-critical VoIP services to customers worldwide.
- Installed, maintained, and supported more than fifty servers with Linux and Windows platforms.
- Configured and managed Intra Carrier VoIP cross-connections to handle thousands of calls per day.
- Developed an automated installation script for A2Billing (https://github.com/amontalban/A2Billing-Install-Script) that allowed other company coworkers to install the solution for our customers all over the world.
- Acted as the point of contact to co-location and hosting providers including SoftLayer, NAP of the Americas, PhoenixNAP, and others. Managed purchases, maintenance plans, and internal company support.
- Helped design and deploy the company’s private cloud infrastructure.
- Senior System Administrator2010 - 2012Ikuna Media S.L.
Technologies: AWS, EC2, CDN, Wowza, Adobe Flash Media, MySQL, LAMP
- Migrated mission-critical system from a dedicated server to a high-availability Amazon platform in one week to support a high traffic spike during 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Created a scalable streaming solution using Amazon Web Services, Adobe Flash Media, Wowza, and Amazon CloudFront giving the company the ability to stream live events like MTV Europe awards to thousand viewers all over the world.
- Reviewed company web platform performance supporting several thousand of hits per day for customers like EFE News, Telemundo, and Telefonica, resulting in up to a 50% performance increase using the same resources.
- Created email marketing infrastructure using EC2 and SES to provide services to several customers, ensuring deliverability and inbox reach.
- Provided support to development teams, giving assistance in new technologies and best practices to achieve high availability and performant services.
- Owner2009 - 2012AM Technology & Systems
Technologies: Linux, Unix, FreeBSD, Windows, Exchange, Asterisk, Zimbra, LAMP
- Worked on sales and technical solutions in order to gain customers and generate new services and products.
- Provided support for hosting servers with a vast range of technologies, from stripped down LAMP servers to cPanel and Plesk setups.
- Supported Cisco networks with customers in USA and Australia.
- Supported Windows corporate systems with AD, Exchange, and IIS.
- Migrated hosting servers between providers with hundreds of sites without downtime.
- CTO & Co-Founder2006 - 2009IT Business
Technologies: Linux, Cisco, FreeBSD, Networking, Telecom, VoIP, Asterisk, Windows
- Supervised the technology department responsible for customers with over 100 PCs.
- Migrated several corporate MS Exchange installations from 5.5 to 2003.
- Deployed VoIP PBXs using Asterisk software.
- Installed and maintained a metropolitan area network using WiFi links with Ubiquiti, MikroTik, and custom equipment with OpenWRT software.
- Managed a seven member technical team to support customers needs.
- NOC Supervisor2005 - 2006Diveo Uruguay S.A.
Technologies: Linux, Cisco, Ericsson Tellabs, Harris, RAD, PDH/SDH, ATM, Frame Relay, Wireless Networks, Solaris, Windows NT/2000
- Supported the company and customer networks that consisted in carrier class network equipment like Cisco, Harris and Ericsson Tellabs.
- Managed servers using Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- Upgraded software and hardware for Cisco core routers (7950), including bootloader.
- Provided support and assistance to customers.
- Designed new network links and services in coordination with the marketing department to increase sales.