Board Member, Advisor to CEO and CTO2018 - PRESENTGiggedIn
Technologies: Node.js, React, React Native, MySQL, PHP
- Advised CEO on hiring a remote team, conducting interviews, onboarding and managing team responsibilities.
- Advised CTO on technology changes to support the addition of a new website and mobile application to support the business.
- Advised CTO on scaling existing infrastructure to support peak traffic following significant media exposure of a recent funding round.
- Joined Board of Directors to support continued business growth, strategy, product and technical direction.
CTO2018 - PRESENTUndisclosed Startup
Technologies: MySQL, WebSockets, Redis, PHP, Vue.js
- Architected a fintech-based secondary markets platform to allow a peer-to-peer exchange of futures contracts.
- Built and led a team to develop the platform and launch into production.
- Handled vendor selection and technical engagements for partnerships and new business opportunities.
CEO and CTO2017 - PRESENTAversafe
Technologies: Vue.js, MySQL, CockroachDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, React Native, Go, Hyperledger Fabric, Node.js, PHP
- Developed a decentralized attestation and verification network to prevent the forgery and counterfeiting of documents, licenses, and credentials.
- Architected and built attestation schemas on top of Hyperledger Fabric to provide immediate verifications across the network for government and multinational entities.
- Built and led the engineering, product, business and operations teams necessary to launch the company.
- Partnered with leading international universities and governments on developing standards for interoperability and data protection across borders.
- Delivered a self-sovereign identity management solution bundled into mobile applications for end-users to manage and share their documents, licenses and credentials.
- Implemented embeddable widgets for employers to access shared network data from within their existing HR tools with minimal integration effort.
CTO2014 - 2017Zinio
Technologies: MongoDB, Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, Ruby, C++, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Symfony, PHP
- Increased product lines from two to ten over three years resulting in new B2B and B2C revenue opportunities.
- Replatformed the underlying technology stack that had previously powered the company for the previous ten years to improve responsiveness, decrease page load, and API response times and simplify partner interactions with the business.
- Developed and launched an app automation platform to deliver thousands of in-market iOS, Android, and Windows mobile and tablet applications for the world's leading publishers.
- Architected and launched a digital version of the New York Times International Weekly partnered with the world's leading national newspapers.
- Delivered content syndication APIs for Amazon and Relay, providing content for their respective marketplaces.
- Responsible for thousands of servers and compute instances across AWS EC2, VMWare and colocated hardware (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu/Alpine/Windows).
- Architected and delivered an analytics platform for mobile devices in Golang to capture 100s of millions of data points a day.
Founder, MD and CTO2011 - 2014Audience Media
Technologies: MongoDB, Python, Ruby, AWS S3, MySQL, Java, Objective-C, Go, Redis, PHP
- Architected and led a team of over 70 to build the world's first multi-channel editorial management system to streamline editorial and publishing operations in both print and digital for magazine and newspaper publishers.
- Architected an Adobe InDesign plugin to simplify designing magazines and the content flow from the Audience Media platform into InDesign.
- Developed a flat-planning tool to visually lay out and plan magazine and newspaper layouts.
- Architected and launched an automated application development platform to launch branded iOS and Android applications for publishers.
- Implemented a distributed content model allowing assets to be housed within geographic regions relevant to the publisher, speeding up response times, and improving customer satisfaction.
- Led product management, design, engineering, quality assurance, operations, HR, and project departments as the company grew from a staff of one to over 70.
- Architected and developed a Go-based an image and video asset management system that automatically transcoded, subtitled and resized assets for consumer web and mobile devices.
- Architected distributed, highly-available network infrastructure for global media distribution across multiple datacenters and AZs using VPNs and VPCs.
- Architected and developed Adobe InDesign/InCopy plugins for MacOSX and Windows.
Founder and CTO2008 - 2014Quiqcorp
Technologies: SAML, iOS, Python, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PHP, eZ Publish
- Architected and oversaw the development of the Japanese Wall Street Journal.
- Provided training and consulting services for eZ Publish-related installations for the entire southern hemisphere and Asia.
- Partnered with a leading provider of education and curriculum development services to deliver technology direction and development for the Ministries of Education and Health for the New Zealand government.
- Developed online booking systems for hotel chains in conjunction with Micros POS systems for global hotel chains, including the Hilton, Hyatt, and Intercontinental, among others.
- Deployed and customised SugarCRM/vTiger for enterprise clients in the US/UK.