Verified Expert in Engineering
Business Intelligence Developer
Andrew is a customer-focused developer with robust data skills, including database design, optimization, app development, ETL, data visualization, reporting, and cloud. He specializes in developing with .NET and custom Microsoft Outlook add-ins and has led teams successfully. With business acumen—gained from his MBA studies and multiple years spent working in corporate America—Andrew skilfully balances business and development goals with ease.
SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server
The most amazing...
...thing was developing a system to manage the bidding process for a client. It saved hours of time for each rep and revolutionized their process.
Founder | Consultant
Integrity Data Insights
- Developed a complete solution to automate project bidding for clients and sourcing for partners. This completely modernized their processes, reduced sales rep time, and captured critical data used for analysis and better decisions.
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse to automatically capture critical business data all in a single location; used Tableau for data visualization and report automation—this allowed the client to easily see key metrics they needed in real-time.
- Automated the process to send NPS (net promoter score) surveys to clients based on Salesforce information.
- Developed a unique solution to display Tableau reports on digital signage throughout the client's office, built a website to integrate with digital signage application, and enabled that new client opportunities are updated hourly on screens.
- Assisted with a massive customer migration which moved thousands of customers from a legacy software platform to a more modern stack, implemented a critical data analysis and data retrieval in Teradata, and tracked the status of migrations.
- Developed extensive Tableau dashboards for large sales teams to explore customer usage patterns and better serve their customers; authored dozens of data visualizations with drill throughs; built custom data marts to prepare data for display.
- Built a risk-scoring model for a subscription-based customer based on past customer usage data to identify risk factors including drops in the activity, low usage, negative customer feedback, and failed payments. Built Tableau dashboards to surface.
- Built a revenue forecast tool combining data from multiple systems (Salesforce, Quickbooks, and proprietary ones) into a single view. Implemented logic to project revenue. Built visualizations in Tableau to display the forecast to end user.
Manager, Marketing Information Systems
- Managed a software development team for marketing and sales databases for three major business units with more than $1 billion in revenue.
- Supervised the efforts to enhance database, fix issues, and communicate the progress on initiatives to key business unit leadership.
- Gathered requirements for new features and provided technical guidance and problem-solving support to team members.
- Coordinated software releases and quality assurance checks.
- Managed the global software development team and provided data analyses.
- Designed and implemented automated processes for performing and reporting on quality assurance checks.
- Converted the team to the Agile methodology and worked with the leadership on this transition.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a customer insight website that averages over 200 users per month across all LexisNexis business units; it delivers key customer intelligence in an innovative, user-friendly interface.
- Created a customer alert system featuring predictive analytics by partnering with team statistician in implementing a customer cancellation model and statistical confidence intervals to track customer behavior shifts and deliver results to end-users.
- Built a sales territory management and forecasting tool that enabled sales reps to report predicted performance against goals.
- Created the Murphy Report: the company's standard report providing customer profile data to the sales force (it produced over 39,000 reports in 15 years).
Game-changing Sales Bid Tool
This project combined a Microsoft Outlook add-in, a website written in MVC framework, C# console back-end processes to route emails between the client and their partners, and an integration with Salesforce using APIs to create opportunities and edit attributes.
The solution also included a website to search projects utilizing Azure Search technology to deliver results in seconds against non-structured data
Complete Reporting System
The client was able to view their key business metrics easily and always have up-to-date information. The reports saved hours of manual effort by accounting and other teams.
I used SQL Server Integration Systems, Salesforce Apex Loader, Tableau Online, and third-party software to integrate with QuickBooks.
Customer Classification System
This rules-based system was implemented in SQL Server. It would capture and store the classification options available for a data record and ultimately pick a winner based on a scoring algorithm. This process was critical as it was used for prospect assignments across multiple business units.
Tableau, Tableau Desktop Pro, Azure Search, Microsoft Power BI, Jira
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Dashboards, Big Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Excel Reporting, Outlook Add-ons, Intuit QuickBooks, REST API Clients, Microsoft Graph API
Master of Business Administration in Business Administration
University of Dayton - Dayton, OH, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Science
Cleveland State University - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yellowbelt in Process Improvement