Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Science Developer
Andrew has nearly 10 years of experience deploying predictive algorithms and end-to-end data solutions, increasing his companies' net revenue by tens of millions of dollars. His technical acumen, combined with deep communication skills to both technical and non-technical colleagues, ensures he has a broad impact across teams who work with him. Whether the end result is a data product or a detailed analysis, Andrew relishes the opportunity to solve business problems with machine learning.
SQL, R, Python, Spark
The most amazing...
...product I co-invented enabled millions of connections to happen in minutes rather than days.
Lead Data Scientist
- Led data science software development for a novel data product poised to make the most significant change to financial underwriting decisions since credit scores.
- Built production machine learning models using scikit-learn, XGBoost, and other state-of-the-art libraries in Python.
- Developed production data pipelines using Python, SQL, and R. Integrated with engineering and product teams to write requirements, track projects in Jira, and ensure data quality.
- Presented directly to Spring Labs' external clients, which included major financial institutions such as American Express.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Built an end-to-end framework for continuous validation of online recommender systems using Python, Spark, and AirFlow. Utilized best engineering practices leading to an extensible, highly-interpretable program.
- Contributed utility functions for common ETL tasks relating to online metric tracking via Python and DataDog.
- Analyzed recommender systems to understand the impacts of modeling decisions on downstream business metrics such as retention, re-orienting the team’s process, and improving future strategy.
Senior Growth Scientist
- Owned delivery algorithms and invented key algorithm concepts, which improved ETA accuracy by 50%. Led relationships with product and engineering teams to plan and implement algorithm changes.
- Built a self-service experiment analysis and visualization tool empowering the marketing team to run email experiments in seconds rather than days.
- Automated driver shift planning models to reduce driver costs while maintaining delivery times.
- Advised and guided other data scientists on mathematical models and relationship building with other departments, leading to improvements in team output and cohesion.
Associate Director, Data Science
- Earned multiple promotions from data analyst to technical product manager and finally associate director in December, 2016.
- Founded, recruited, led, and managed a six-person data science team which made key optimizations to the matching engine and increased the ROI of marketing spend using regression-based analysis.
- Owned matching algorithms and invented new ones utilizing machine learning (regression and tree- based methods) that improved net revenue by 5% and customer contact rate by at least 25%.
- Developed an in-house test design and analysis platform on par with enterprise software that typically costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
- Managed cross-functional projects with teams from technology, marketing, product, and finance to ensure predictive algorithms met the needs of all stakeholders.
Spring Labs Income Stability Indicatorshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2d1gjUPltE
I was the lead data scientist and machine learning engineer in the development of ISI, joining Spring Labs at the very beginning of product development.
Instant Connect Model for HomeAdvisorhttps://pro.homeadvisor.com/articles/videos/instant-connect
Recommender Performance Tracker for Ibotta
Data Science Assessment for Eazehttps://github.com/tilleyand/data-science-homework
R, SQL, Python
Ggplot2, PySpark, Scikit-learn
Data Science, Agile Software Development
RStudio, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Data Analysis, Regression, Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Statistics, Combinatorial Optimization, Data Engineering
Apache Airflow, Git, Microsoft Excel, LaTeX, MATLAB
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redshift
Bachelor's Degree in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Statistics
Rice University - Houston, Texas, USA
Building a Data Science Team
Hadoop Platform and Application Framework