Full-stack Software Developer2019 - 2019Caterpillar
Technologies: Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Web API, Angular, ASP.NET Core
- Joined a team writing an Angular web application replacing an Excel spreadsheet Value Added Sales Tool (VAST). The application is used to compare costs for engines and allow a detailed analysis of expenses and total cost of ownership.
- Created a complex user interface for preparing engine cost studies, with the ability to copy/paste large data sets.
- Built the back end to support efficient storage of the relevant data in SQL Server. Designed table structure, indexes, and ORM-based data layer to support the application.
- Contributed to DevOps approach to source control including automated testing, gated check-ins, automated build/deploy.
- Set up Azure resources including App Service, Azure SQL, Application Insights, KeyVault.
Full-stack Developer/DBA/Server Admin2017 - 2018Verus LLC
Technologies: IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, ASP.NET Web API, Bootstrap, Angular
- Designed and built two web applications supporting different lines of business within the company.
- Installed, configured, and administrated SQL server on the client's on-premise infrastructure.
- Installed, configured, and administrated IIS on the client's on-premise infrastructure.
- Introduced development practices including git source control, automated testing, and vNext CI/CD to the organization.
Developer2014 - 2018JCB Laboratories
Technologies: Azure, QuickBooks, Web API, AngularJS, ASP.NET
- Built an online store hosted in Azure for their compounded products. Supported browsing products and categories, filling a cart, checking out with shipping options and submitting their order.
- Converted the existing site from an expensive HubSpot subscription to ASP.net hosted on Azure. Added custom support for content management and integration with customer mailing.
- Integrated online store with Quickbooks to allow customers and pricing to flow onto the site and for submitted orders to come into Quickbooks matching the existing phone order fulfillment process.
Owner2016 - 2017Solid Software Studios
Technologies: Azure, SQL, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Web API, Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Designed a responsive web application to schedule kids household tasks and track rewards.
- Built a responsive single-page application in AngularJS to facilitate the requirements for registration, data-entry, stripe payment, and other functionality.
- Support authorized login using email, and deploy and host on Azure.
- Provided ongoing support for the project in personal and family use.
Developer2016 - 2016Fliphound
Technologies: Entity Framework Core, Microsoft SQL Server, JSON, Web API, Knockout.js
- Added features to the existing website fliphound.com including allowing the site to transact new lines of business.
- Worked directly with the owner to understand the goals for the software upgrade and demonstrate value creation via the new features.
- Added new pages utilizing KnockoutJS and ajax calls to WebApi. Utilized Web services returning JSON responses gathered from SQL server via Entity Framework.
- Added a robust unit testing implementation strategy to the growing code base.
Senior Software Developer Analyst2001 - 2014Koch Industries inc.
- Worked as the lead developer and architect on dozens of projects, large and small, over 12 years.
- Provided technical expertise in a wide variety of areas including new hire/contractor mentoring, new technology research, prototyping, and capability development.
- Leveraged the latest .Net technologies on a wide variety of projects for the refineries including Manpower forecasting, Project Portfolio, LeakDAS, OnGuard gate access, Waste Management, Carbon Canister Mobile monitoring, and Environmental Compliance.
- Incorporated the latest .Net technology as it became available into our operations including Winforms, ASP.Net web forms, ASP.Net Dynamic Data, Scheduled jobs via UC4, WCF, Silverlight, WebApi, and vendor solution integration.
- Administered Team System (TFS) for our department. I installed the new instance, executed a plan to move our code base into the new source control and implemented a workflow leveraging work items. Also Trained team members on the system.
- Led an effort to leverage agile methodology in our organization. Went to training and helped roll out a process for the department.