Freelance Programmer2013 - 2014Old Skull Games
Technologies: Java, Android, Unity3D, iOS, Obj-C, C#, Amazon S3, XML
- Designed and wrote patching pipeline for soft patching mobile platforms depending on localization and device type filters with easy to use but extensive patch builder using an XML based DSL.
- Consulted and provided custom tailored documentation regarding the Android platform.
- Created a modular cross platform video player plugin for Unity3D that supports subtitles.
- Ported Unity/iOS game to Unity/Android.
CTO2011 - 2013Happy Tuesday
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, Objective-C, Java, Cocos2D, iOS, Android, Trac, Cruise Control, Media Wiki, SVN, Modo, Flash, PHP, JSON, SOAP, XML, Facebook Development, Facebook API
- Created an easy-to-use, scalable, modular tool to bundle assets for artists.
- Researched and documented the in and outs of Unity3D for our team.
- Created a scalable, modular DSL for handling complicated unit values like health and the effects on them.
- Wrote a very efficient, modular sprite loading and rendering system for a novel 3D rendering technique.
- Designed and wrote camera system, fog, and environmental shaders together with artists.
- Identified and solved many rendering bottlenecks for the iPhone.
- Ported Pet Vegas game from Facebook to iOS with an artist.
- Created a Flash exporter that rasterized and bonified art for use within Unity3D.
- Assessed potential projects, new technologies, and interviewed programmers.
- Created 5 unique player characters each with unique visuals, abilities, and 25 unique skills.
- Created effects system and tools including efficient but impressive explosions, complicated projectiles, sound management system, and more.
- Worked closely together with people with diverse specialties to create complicated features.
- Worked on a regression testing system and auto building system that combined Cruise Control, SVN, Trac, and Unity3D.
Assistant Teacher: Game Development2008 - 2009Deltion College
- Taught first-year students the basics of everything from scripting to texture unwrapping.
Founder / Designer / Developer2007 - 2008Perfect Prefabs
Technologies: Second Life / LSL / PHP
- Created a transaction tracker to learn about our customers and sales. It included a PHP back-end and web interface.
- Researched the market; designed and created many products.
- Created and maintained the company website including the design, art, and programming.
- Managed the company's community and hosted live events.
- Created many tools used for creating and selling products.