Solutions Engineer (NLP)2019 - PRESENTRasa Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: TensorFlow, Ubuntu, Windows, DevOps Engineer, Pandas, GitHub, NumPy, Chatbots, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Helm, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, Rasa.ai, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Supported enterprise customers by implementing and deploying mission-critical chatbots built with Rasa.
- Designed and implemented NLU data, dialog stories, forms, and custom actions (Python) for a demonstration chatbot based on Rasa Open Source.
- Extended Rasa Open Source (Python) available at https://github.com/rasaHQ/rasa. This is an open-source machine learning framework to automate text- and voice-based conversations: NLU, dialogue management, connect to Slack, Facebook, and more.
Freelance Data Scientist2018 - 2019Colorado University Boulder | Office of Data Analytics
Technologies: Ubuntu, Windows, Keras, GitHub, NumPy, Python, Slack, Zoom, Jira, Bitbucket, SQL, MongoDB, AWS S3, Jupyter, Sklearn, XGBoost, TensorFlow, Machine Learning, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Developed a sequence-based machine learning model in Python using TensorFlow to predict university student application probability based on millions of time-stamped engagements.
- Developed a clustering logic in Python using scikit-learn to group students by engagement behaviors.
- Built a decision tree model in Python using XGBoost to predict the probability for admitted students to enroll (yield).
Software Engineer1988 - 2019PISCES | MSC Software | Simufact Engineering
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Ubuntu, Windows, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), GUI, Fortran, C++, Python
- Developed a finite element and finite volume simulation software in Python, C++, and Fortran.
- Designed and implemented a desktop application front-end with the Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC) and Qt.
- Performed pre-sales demonstrations, customer training and support, sales, and business development.
- Managed a team of solver developers. I was responsible for the definition and execution of projects, yearly employee reviews, and career planning of the direct reports.
Founder | Owner2008 - 2014Simufact-Americas, LLC
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Fortran, Windows, Python
- Founded a company for the resale of simulation software that I co-developed.
- Achieved a 20-fold increase in revenue for the Americas region.
- Used Python to automate business processes; for example, reformatting the Salesforce forecast reports.