Python Developer in Plymouth, MI, United States
Software Engineer1988 - PRESENTPISCES | MSC Software | Simufact Engineering
Technologies: Python, C++, Fortran
- Developed finite element & finite volume simulation software in Python, C++, and Fortran.
- Defined software requirements.
- Designed GUI workflows and dialogs.
- Developed solver algorithms.
- Performed presales demonstrations and presentations.
- Provided customer training and support.
Founder | Owner2008 - 2014Simufact-Americas LLC
- Founded a company for the resale of simulation software that I co-developed.
- Achieved a 20-fold increase in revenue for the Americas region.
- Used Python to automate business processes; for example, reformatting the Salesforce forecast reports.
- Used Deep Learning to Clone Driving Behavior (Development)https://github.com/ArjaanBuijk/CarND_Behavioral_Cloning_P3/blob/master/README.md
I developed a convolutional neural network regression in Python using Keras with a TensorFlow back-end to drive a car virtually around a track. I improved on the well-known NVIDIA neural network for end-to-end deep learning for self-driving cars and achieved a 100 % success rate on the most difficult track.
- Flask Catalog (Development)https://flask-catalog.herokuapp.com/
This portfolio project demonstrates a Flask based implementation of a secure user model with registration, email confirmation, and Google OAuth 2 login, combined with an example of a catalog of items that's grouped in categories.
Registered users can CRUD the catalog via a web front-end or via a REST API that adheres strictly to the JSON API 1.0 specification. The REST API supports advanced searching and filtering. End-to-end scenarios are demonstrated via a Python client written in a Jupyter notebook.
- Neighborhood Map (Development)https://knockout-neighborhood.herokuapp.com/
This is a project that involves a Knockout and Bootstrap based single page application. It features a neighborhood map with interesting locations.
The application demonstrates the integration of third-party APIs from Google Maps and Foursquare.
For all devices, attractive styling and intuitive responsive behavior was implemented with Bootstrap 4.
Libraries/APIsSklearn, TensorFlow, NumPy, Keras, Pandas, Matplotlib, OpenCV, Foursquare API, Google+ API, Redis Queue
ToolsWingware IDE, GitHub, WebStorm, AWS Glue
PlatformsJupyter Notebook, Zeppelin, Windows, Linux, Heroku
StorageMongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
FrameworksKnockout.js, Bootstrap 4, Flask
- Specialization Certificate in Deep Learning2018 - 2019deeplearning.ai on Coursera - Online
- Nanodegree in Full-stack Web Development2018 - 2018Udacity - Online
- Nanodegree in Self-driving Car Engineer2017 - 2017Udacity - Online
- Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering (CFD)1982 - 1988Delft University of Technology - Delft, the Netherlands
- MongoDB for DevelopersSEPTEMBER 2018 - PRESENTMongoDB University
- Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with PythonJANUARY 2016 - PRESENTCoursera