Solutions Engineer (NLP)2019 - PRESENTRasa
Technologies: TensorFlow, Ubuntu, Windows, DevOps, Pandas, GitHub, NumPy, Chatbots, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Helm, Kubernetes, Docker, Python, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), AWS, CI/CD Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Rasa, CircleCI, Python Asyncio, PostgreSQL
- Supported large enterprise customers by implementing and deploying mission-critical chatbots built with Rasa. Deployments use docker, docker-compose, kubernetes and openshift. Infrastructure a combination of on-prem, AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Designed and implemented NLU data, dialog stories, rules, forms, and custom actions (Python) for industry-relevant demonstrator chatbots.
- Extended Rasa Open Source (Python) available at https://github.com/rasaHQ/rasa. This is an open-source machine learning framework to automate text- and voice-based conversations: NLU, dialogue management, connect to Slack, Facebook, and more.
- Created & taught an online course on advanced deployment techniques with Kubernetes (https://www.udemy.com/course/rasa-advanced-deployment-workshop/).
- Implemented Python Asyncio in back-end APIs resulting in dramatically improved throughput rates.
- Created CI/CD pipeline that trains a Rasa bot, builds a custom docker image, stores the artifacts in AWS S3 and AWS ECR, automatically creates an AWS EKS cluster using the eksctl cli, deploys Rasa with helm, and smoketests using python.
Freelance Data Scientist2018 - 2019University of Colorado Boulder
Technologies: Ubuntu, Windows, Keras, GitHub, NumPy, Python, Slack, Zoom, Jira, Bitbucket, SQL, MongoDB, AWS S3, Jupyter, Sklearn, XGBoost, TensorFlow, Machine Learning, AWS
- Developed a sequence-based machine learning model in Python using TensorFlow to predict university student application probability based on millions of time-stamped engagements.
- Developed a clustering logic in Python using Scikit-learn to group students by engagement behaviors.
- Built a decision tree model in Python using XGBoost to predict the probability for admitted students to enroll (yield).
Software Engineer1988 - 2019MSC Software
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Ubuntu, Windows, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), GUI, Fortran, C++, Python
- Developed a finite element and finite volume simulation software in Python, C++, and Fortran.
- Designed and implemented a desktop application front-end with the Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC) and Qt.
- Performed pre-sales demonstrations, customer training and support, sales, and business development.
- Managed a team of solver developers. I was responsible for the definition and execution of projects, yearly employee reviews, and career planning of the direct reports.
Founder | Owner2008 - 2014Simufact-Americas, LLC
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Fortran, Windows, Python, Django
- Founded a company for the resale of manufacturing simulation software that I co-developed.
- Achieved a 20-fold increase in revenue for the Americas region.
- Used Python and web development to automate business processes.
- Created pre-sales, sales, and post-sales onboarding processes.