Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTPyPie
- Built an algorithm for the auto-optimization of internet advertising campaigns which in turn maximizes their performance through finding and blocking traffic sources and platforms that do not convert well enough.
- Architected and implemented ETL for a mobile advertising affiliate network. I used proprietary technologies for predicting the likelihood of conversion based on device data.
- Developed a bot detection feature that redirected bots from website content to other destinations—protecting content from crawling.
- Implemented email marketing automation and a CRM integration, using SparkPost API and Zoho CRM.
- Consulted and led the development team.
- Helped businesses reach their goals.
- Committed to loads of planning, communication, brainstorming, and architecting.
- Gained hands-on experience in actual coding and tutoring other developers when needed.
Senior Back-end Developer2015 - 2017Freelance Work
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, NLP, Marketing Automation, Data Analysis, AWS, MongoDB, Redis, Flask, Celery
- Developed social networking features (follows, likes, and feeds) to be almost linearly scalable.
- Spotted and successfully coped with several bottlenecks in the back-end API code and infrastructure; made huge speed and robustness improvement.
- Wrote an algorithm to match users together based on contact lists users upload (a social networking feature).
- Performed email service integration including dealing with bounces, unsubscribes, campaigns, and conversion funnel (marketing-specific experience).
- Integrated the billing which includes work with user's accounts, transactions, adjustments, and recurrent payment plans (experience with user's money).
- Applied machine learning (NLP, clustering, neural networks, classification) to match users with open job positions based on their profile and job description. Also developed an algorithm to predict required skills for a job posting based on it's description.
Senior Python Developer2013 - 2015Ajillion by Crossrider
Technologies: Python, Django, Celery, AWS, MySQL, Mongo, HP Vertica, Lua, Redis, Big Data, High Load, Low Latency
- Fixed a system to scale linearly by profiling and eliminating critical bottlenecks and dramatically reducing IO usage on each cluster node.
- Implemented a global lock feature on top of a Redis DB. Whenever it should be guaranteed that the short code section has an exclusive access to some portion of data it just acquires a lock and other instances won't be able to acquire it until it's released.
- Dramatically reduced latency by adding memorization on top of a local process memory and 2-level caching (local and remote Redis).
- Integrated with Google Ads, MobFox, and other RTB partners (real-time bidding).
- Created special filtering layer on the level of Nginx. Lua scripts are applying all the filtering very efficiently by dropping not-useful connections very early, even before it gets to the Python back-end.
Senior Python Developer | Team Lead2012 - 2013Blackcloud BSG
- Developed a platform for the sales people where they could schedule meetings, record their progress, and where they can self-educate to sell better and increase their KPI.
- Managed a team of developers, discussed features with client, planned sprints and then distributed tasks to developers, did showcases and gathered feedback. Used Agile methodology.
- Developed a data-set preparation layer for a cloud machine learning platform: the data was accepted in different formats and it has to be unpacked, parsed, shuffled, normalized, split onto parts, and fed into the machine learning workers' queue.
- Created a data set management system: a user can upload his data sets, review it, view some statistics about it, configure how to process it, download. and remove it. It then passes it into the machine learning session OFC.
Senior Python Developer2010 - 2013CTS Games
Technologies: Python, C++, MySQL, BigWorld (Game Engine)
- Implemented an anti-cheat system to detect hackers and cheaters; ban them or not let them get any benefits from using cheats. Utilizes a lot of math, statistics, and data analysis.
- Developed a 3D-shooting feature (a game mechanic when a player shoots monster or another player). Required math, statistics, and integration with other modules such as items and the anti-cheat system.
- Created the first version of Creatures AI which included a configurable automation of creatures/monster behavior: spawning, movement on the map, aggression against players or even other creatures, and more.
- Developed a screen for player creation, where new players can change the appearance of his model: gender, face, skin color, initial uniform, and outfit.