Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTPyPie
- Built an algorithm for the auto-optimization of internet advertising campaigns, which maximizes their performance by finding and blocking traffic sources and platforms that do not convert well enough.
- Architected and implemented ETL for a mobile advertising affiliate network. I used proprietary technologies for predicting the likelihood of conversion based on device data.
- Developed a bot detection feature that redirected bots from website content to other destinations—protecting content from crawling.
- Implemented email marketing automation and a CRM integration, using SparkPost API and Zoho CRM.
- Consulted clients in the tech area, architected solutions, managed an agile dev team. Participated in a lot of planning, communication, brainstorming, and architecting. Tracked team's KPIs and managed the goals.
Senior Back-end Developer2019 - 2022Granicus
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Python, Asyncio, GraphQL, Flask, RQ, Serverless, AWS Lambda, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), SMS, Voice, Transactional Emails, Billing, Stripe Payments, GitHub, Pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy, Large-scale Web Crawlers, Web Crawlers, Scrapy, Scraping Hub, Web Scraping, Scraping, Databases, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Git, AWS
- Developed platform API for short-term rental platforms to comply with the city of Los Angeles laws. This had a significant effect on cleaning fraudulent/unregistered listings from Airbnb and other platforms in LA.
- Created an API for user file uploads with a focus on security and. FedRAMP guidelines. This feature allowed encryption, very granular access control, and tight security policies to be implemented.
- Developed part of the platform allowing property management companies to renew their rental permits, report and pay taxes in bulk rather than individually.
- Built a basement for GraphQL back end for a new dashboard, which was highly modular and flexible and used a schema-first approach. This allowed the back-end team to extend the features quickly and kept the front-end team less dependent on back-end releases.
Senior Consultant2018 - 2022CORRECTic
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, Python 3, Celery, Agile, GitLab, CI/CD Pipelines, Vue, NumPy, Pandas, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Databases, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Scalability, Git, AWS, Algorithms
- Consulted client regarding algorithms, performance issues, tech stack, and solution architecture. Researched when required. Played a crucial role in building a long-term strategy, planning sprints, grooming the task backlog, and preparing the tickets.
- Managed project and agile development team. Done hundreds of code reviews. Mentored and onboarded new developers. Tracked team's KPIs and goals.
- Handled all operation work and configured the cloud infrastructure from scratch.
Senior Back-end Developer2015 - 2017branded.me
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Celery, Flask, Redis, MongoDB, AWS, Data Analysis, Marketing Automation, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Python, Web Scraping, Scraping, Databases, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Scalability, Git, Algorithms
- Developed social networking features (follows, likes, and feeds) to be almost linearly scalable.
- Spotted and successfully coped with several bottlenecks in the back-end API code and infrastructure; made huge speed and robustness improvement.
- Wrote an algorithm to match users together based on contact lists users upload (a social networking feature).
- Performed email service integration, including dealing with bounces, unsubscribes, campaigns, and conversion funnel (marketing-specific experience).
- Integrated the billing, which includes work with user's accounts, transactions, adjustments, and recurrent payment plans (experience with user's money).
- Applied machine learning (NLP, clustering, neural networks, classification) to match users with open job positions based on their profile and job description. Also developed an algorithm to predict required skills for a job based on its description.
Senior Python Developer2013 - 2015Ajillion by Crossrider
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), High-load, Vertica, Low Latency, Big Data, Redis, Lua, MongoDB, MySQL, AWS, Celery, Django, Python, Databases, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Scalability, Git, Algorithms
- Fixed a system to scale linearly by profiling and eliminating critical bottlenecks, and dramatically reducing IO usage on each cluster node.
- Implemented a global lock feature on top of a Redis DB. Whenever it should be guaranteed that the shortcode section has exclusive access to some portion of data, it just acquires a lock, and other instances won't be able to reach it until release.
- Dramatically reduced latency by adding memorization on top of a local process memory and 2-level caching (local and remote Redis).
- Integrated with Google Ads, MobFox, and other RTB partners (real-time bidding).
- Created a special filtering layer on the level of Nginx. Lua scripts apply all the filtering efficiently by dropping not-useful connections very early, even before it gets to the Python back end.
Senior Python Developer | Team Lead2012 - 2013Blackcloud BSG
- Developed a platform for the salespeople where they could schedule meetings, record their progress, and where they can self-educate to sell better and increase their KPI.
- Managed a team of developers, discussed features with the client, planned sprints, and then distributed tasks to developers, did showcases, and gathered feedback. Used Agile methodology.
- Developed a data-set preparation layer for a cloud machine learning platform: the data was accepted in different formats, and it has to be unpacked, parsed, shuffled, normalized, split onto parts, and fed into the machine learning workers' queue.
- Created a data set management system: a user can upload his data sets, review them, view some statistics, configure how to process them, download and remove them. It then passes it into the machine learning session OFC.
Senior Python Developer2010 - 2013CTS Games
Technologies: BigWorld, MySQL, C++, Python, Pandas, Data Analysis
- Implemented an anti-cheat system to detect hackers and cheaters; ban them or not let them get any benefits from using cheats. Utilizes a lot of math, statistics, and data analysis.
- Developed a 3D-shooting feature (a game mechanic when a player shoots a monster or another player). Required math, statistics, and integration with other modules such as items and the anti-cheat system.
- Created the first version of Creatures AI, which included configurable automation of creatures/monster behavior: spawning, movement on the map, aggression against players or even other creatures, and more.
- Developed a screen for player creation, where new players can change the appearance of their model: gender, face, skin color, initial uniform, and outfit.