Big Data Developer
Ars is a senior back-end engineer specializing in data and high load with more than ten years in web development. He is a Python expert, proactive and self-sufficient, competent, troubleshooter and problem solver, great communicator, team player, project manager, and team leader.
ExperienceSQL - 15 yearsDjango - 10 yearsPython - 10 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 10 yearsNumPy - 9 yearsRedis - 9 yearsBig Data - 7 yearsElasticsearch - 6 years
PyCharm, Slack, GitHub, MacOS
The most amazing...
...things in the nearest technological future are connected with machine learning. That's why I use every chance to learn and play with it.
- Built an algorithm for the auto-optimization of internet advertising campaigns, which maximizes their performance by finding and blocking traffic sources and platforms that do not convert well enough.
- Architected and implemented ETL for a mobile advertising affiliate network. I used proprietary technologies for predicting the likelihood of conversion based on device data.
- Developed a bot detection feature that redirected bots from website content to other destinations—protecting content from crawling.
- Implemented email marketing automation and a CRM integration, using SparkPost API and Zoho CRM.
- Consulted clients in the tech area, architected solutions, managed an agile dev team. Participated in a lot of planning, communication, brainstorming, and architecting. Tracked team's KPIs and managed the goals.
Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Developed algorithm trading strategies for Binance, Kraken, and Huobi.
- Integrated cold wallets with the platform via Web3.
- Extended the internal framework and added multiple API integrations.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed platform API for short-term rental platforms to comply with the city of Los Angeles laws. This had a significant effect on cleaning fraudulent/unregistered listings from Airbnb and other platforms in LA.
- Created an API for user file uploads with a focus on security and. FedRAMP guidelines. This feature allowed encryption, very granular access control, and tight security policies to be implemented.
- Developed part of the platform allowing property management companies to renew their rental permits, report and pay taxes in bulk rather than individually.
- Built a basement for GraphQL back end for a new dashboard, which was highly modular and flexible and used a schema-first approach. This allowed the back-end team to extend the features quickly and kept the front-end team less dependent on back-end releases.
- Consulted clients regarding algorithms, performance issues, tech stack, and solution architecture.
- Researched when required and played a crucial role in building a long-term strategy, planning sprints, grooming the task backlog, and preparing the tickets.
- Managed project and agile development team. Done hundreds of code reviews. Mentored and onboarded new developers. Tracked team's KPIs and goals.
- Handled all operation work and configured the cloud infrastructure from scratch.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed social networking features (follows, likes, and feeds) to be almost linearly scalable.
- Spotted and successfully coped with several bottlenecks in the back-end API code and infrastructure; made huge speed and robustness improvement.
- Wrote an algorithm to match users together based on contact lists users upload (a social networking feature).
- Performed email service integration, including dealing with bounces, unsubscribes, campaigns, and conversion funnel (marketing-specific experience).
- Integrated the billing, which includes work with user's accounts, transactions, adjustments, and recurrent payment plans (experience with user's money).
- Applied machine learning (NLP, clustering, neural networks, classification) to match users with open job positions based on their profile and job description. Also developed an algorithm to predict required skills for a job based on its description.
Senior Python Developer
Ajillion by Crossrider
- Fixed a system to scale linearly by profiling and eliminating critical bottlenecks, and dramatically reducing IO usage on each cluster node.
- Implemented a global lock feature on top of a Redis DB. Whenever it should be guaranteed that the shortcode section has exclusive access to some portion of data, it just acquires a lock, and other instances won't be able to reach it until release.
- Dramatically reduced latency by adding memorization on top of a local process memory and 2-level caching (local and remote Redis).
- Integrated with Google Ads, MobFox, and other RTB partners (real-time bidding).
- Created a special filtering layer on the level of Nginx. Lua scripts apply all the filtering efficiently by dropping not-useful connections very early, even before it gets to the Python back end.
Senior Python Developer | Team Lead
- Developed a platform for the salespeople where they could schedule meetings, record their progress, and where they can self-educate to sell better and increase their KPI.
- Managed a team of developers, discussed features with the client, planned sprints, and then distributed tasks to developers, did showcases, and gathered feedback. Used Agile methodology.
- Developed a data-set preparation layer for a cloud machine learning platform: the data was accepted in different formats, and it has to be unpacked, parsed, shuffled, normalized, split onto parts, and fed into the machine learning workers' queue.
- Created a data set management system: a user can upload his data sets, review them, view some statistics, configure how to process them, download and remove them. It then passes it into the machine learning session OFC.
Senior Python Developer
- Implemented an anti-cheat system to detect hackers and cheaters; ban them or not let them get any benefits from using cheats. Utilizes a lot of math, statistics, and data analysis.
- Developed a 3D-shooting feature (a game mechanic when a player shoots a monster or another player). Required math, statistics, and integration with other modules such as items and the anti-cheat system.
- Created the first version of Creatures AI, which included configurable automation of creatures/monster behavior: spawning, movement on the map, aggression against players or even other creatures, and more.
- Developed a screen for player creation, where new players can change the appearance of their model: gender, face, skin color, initial uniform, and outfit.
Push To Notionhttps://ptn.potapov.dev
And you can try it or even check its source code on Github: https://github.com/muzhig/push-to-notion.
Telegram Bot: @PageScreenshotBothttps://t.me/PageScreenshotBot
Telegram Bot: @scan_driver_license_bothttps://t.me/scan_driver_license_bot
Telegram Bot @detect_mask_on_selfie_bothttps://t.me/detect_mask_on_selfie_bot
Django, Flask, Scrapy, Bootstrap, OAuth 2, Serverless Framework
NumPy, Pandas, REST APIs, API Development, Matplotlib, jQuery, SQLAlchemy, Node.js, Twilio API, Twitter API, Facebook API, VK API, Vuex, Spark Streaming, Vue, TensorFlow, Asyncio, RQ, Puppeteer, Telegram Bot API, React
Git, Celery, Jira, Scraping Hub, Pytest, PyCharm, Jenkins, Kafka Streams, NGINX, Slack, GitHub, GitLab, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
Agile, Load Testing, Microservices, REST
Redis, Databases, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Vertica, MySQL Clustering, Cassandra, PostGIS, Amazon DynamoDB
APIs, Scalability, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Algorithms, Big Data, Data Structures, Applied Mathematics, Optimization, Scraping, Web Scraping, Large-scale Web Crawlers, Web Crawlers, Team Leadership, CTO, Product Development, Software Architecture, Technical Leadership, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Low Latency, High-load, BigWorld, Redis Clusters, Deep Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, CRM APIs, Billing, Billing Systems, SMS, Marketing Automation, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Mobile Advertising, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Trading, Computer Vision, Computer Science, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Neural Networks, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Trading, Mathematics, CI/CD Pipelines, Serverless, Voice, Transactional Emails, Stripe Payments, Chatbots, OCR, Telegram Bots, Healthcare IT, OAuth, Fintech
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ubuntu, Apache Kafka, MacOS, AWS Lambda, Telegram Bot Platform
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications - Almaty, Kazakhstan