Verified Expert in Engineering
Front-end Development Developer
Bartram is a programmer with a creative streak. He has over a dozen years of professional development experience across a variety of platforms and languages. Bartram has spent the last few years developing web applications using content management systems like WordPress and Drupal as back-end frameworks, and he has contributed to numerous modules to the Drupal community. He's excited about building push-enabled apps with Node.js and WebSockets.
The most amazing...
...projects I've developed are the ones that help people live better, more fulfilling lives.
- Wrote product and tech specs for a workflow automation tool and managed software development as new features were added.
- Mentored junior and mid-level front-end engineers and reviewed countless pull requests.
- Established patterns for unit testing and component documentation using Storybook.
- Migrated infrastructure from a single VM instance to Google Kubernetes Engine on GCP, using Google Cloud Build and Ansible for automated, repeatable deployments.
- Led the implementation of several SSO integrations from edtech vendors.
- Reviewed and refactored a legacy API using FeathersJS.
- Developed firmware for an IoT-based self-serve device.
- Improved deployment processes with AWS.
- Updated the admin interface using React admin package.
- Migrated an in-store Android app to React Native, including support for QR scanning via device camera.
- Developed a real-time API using Feathers and MongoDB.
- Developed multiple React and Redux web applications to consume a real-time API. The UI was built using Material-UI.
- Integrated IoT device control into API and web applications with Particle Cloud.
- Configured a monorepo to reuse code components across web applications and the real-time API.
WordPress API Developer
- Developed custom plugins to pull data from a 3rd-party API.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with GitHub Actions.
- Implemented new designs and theme changes in WordPress.
- Contributed to development of theme and modules for a Drupal 7 marketing website.
Director of Technology
- Built wall-sized touch-enabled interactive presentations for display at international conventions.
- Configured virtual machine-based development environment infrastructure for a team of developers using Vagrant, VirtualBox, Ansible, Git, and other deployment tools.
- Trained and mentored developers in PHP, Drupal, WordPress, and front-end technologies.
- Built CKEditor widgets for Bootstrap components to allow content editors to create carousels, accordions, etc., in WYSIWYG.
- Migrated a major state university website to a cloud-based WordPress environment.
Senior UX Designer/Developer
- Designed and developed marketing websites for small- and mid-sized companies.
- Designed and developed data-intensive web applications using Drupal with a custom interface.
- Migrated production sites from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7.
- Developed a native iOS game for an international retail brand.
User Interface Designer
Chain Reaction eCommerce
- Designed a new look and feel for the osCommerce-based eCommerce platform.
- Developed HTML prototypes for new dashboards, reports, user management, and shopping experience.
- Developed a REST API for an open-source eCommerce platform.
- Participated in an internal PCI compliance review for a SaaS provider.
- Created a style guide for an open-source eCommerce application.
Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, Redux, MUI (Material UI), Next.js, Prototype Framework, FeathersJS, React Native, Photon, Cypress
Backbone.js, Drupal API, jQuery, Underscore.js, React, Formik, Node.js, Moment.js, Marionette.js, Zepto, Facebook API, Facebook SDK, Handlebars, Yup
Rackspace Cloud, Ubuntu, Percona, WordPress, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Drupal, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Arduino, Android, Particle, Kubernetes
Software Development, Front-end Development, WordPress Multisite, Chrome Extensions, Cordova, Semantic UI, ArduPilot
Ansible, Vagrant, Git, Adobe CC, Webpack 4, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Grunt, Bitbucket
MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL