- Lead iOS engineer1993 - PRESENTStand Alone, Inc.
- Built and maintained the first and most popular Crosswords app in the store, with over 3 million downloads.
- Managed the relationship with Apple's AppStore team to get Crosswords into the store on Day 1.
- Maintained Crosswords through 10 iOS versions.
- Released Crosswords as Apple & Starbuck's App of the Week in 2012.
- Oversaw a transition from Objective C to Swift as our primary iOS language.
- Developed numerous internal tools and libraries to assist in iOS development.
- iOS Developer volunteer2016 - 20175calls.org
Technologies: iOS, iPad, Xcode, Swift
- Designed and developed the 5calls app iPad interface.
- Redesigned the iPhone UI for use on larger screens.
- Coded and built out the entire iPad interface.
- iOS Contract Developer2015 - 2016PG&E/Leviathan
Technologies: iOS, Swift, AR, Xcode, Bluetooth
- Built an iPad app to showcase PG&E's Zero-Net-Energy house.
- Architected and coded the iPad app, integrating augmented reality, location-awareness, and 3D imaging components.
- Implemented a pre-ARKit Augmented Reality experience using the iPad as a virtual window.
- iOS Contract Developer2010 - 2016Salesforce
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, REST, Salesforce, iPad, iPhone
- Built the first mass-deployed iPad marketing tool at Zimmer (at the time of its release, it was the largest deployed iPad app in the world).
- Designed and coded Salesforce's initial REST toolkit for implementing iOS apps based on their platform.
- Built The Home Depot's paint color simulation tool, Color My World, a tap app in the App Store.
- Built the Monsanto Seedsman Digital Sales Assistant iPad app.
- Built the Allergan, Kimberly Clark, Abbot Vascular, and Diageo DSA iPad apps.
- iOS Contract Developer2011 - 2015Roger Ebert
Technologies: iOS, Xcode, Objective-C
- Built Roger's iOS Great Movies app.
- iOS Contract Developer2013 - 2014LaPresse
Technologies: iOS, iPad, iPhone, Crosswords, Objective-C
- Built the LaPresse newspaper app's Crossword playing component.
- Converted our existing Crosswords app into an embeddable library.
- Worked with the LaPresse team to embed Crosswords functionality into their existing app.
- iOS & Palm OS Contract developer2002 - 2013Handmark
Technologies: iOS, Palm OS, Objective-C, C++, Xcode, XML
- Built Handmark's Express software client for both Palm and iOS.
- In charge of the development of one of the keynote iPhone apps (Handmark was brought on stage for the initial iPhone SDK introduction for this app).
- Built up the Palm client as the initial client for Handmark's Express news service.
- Transitioned the client to iOS after the release of the iPhone.
- Oversaw Palm and iOS development until Handmark's acquisition by Sprint in 2013.
- iOS Contract Developer2010 - 2012Apple, Inc.
Technologies: Xcode, iOS, Objective-C, iPad
- Architected and coded a discussion board component for Apple's internal Apple Store sales tool, Retail Me.
- Took existing designs and translated them into working application features.