Lead iOS Engineer1993 - PRESENTStand Alone, Inc.
- Built and maintained the first and most popular crosswords app in the store, with over 3 million downloads.
- Managed the relationship with Apple's App Store team to get Crosswords into the store on day 1.
- Maintained Crosswords through 10 iOS versions.
- Released Crosswords as the Apple & Starbuck's app of the week in 2012.
- Oversaw a transition from Objective-C to Swift as our primary iOS language.
- Developed numerous internal tools and libraries to assist in iOS development.
Lead iOS Developer2022 - 2022Real Talk LLC
Technologies: iOS, Swift, SwiftUI, UIKit, Mobile UI, APIs, Architecture
- Built out an app for Speech Pathologists to use to help manage both their clients (back office) and sessions with those clients.
- Worked with the rest of the team to create and evolve the server API that the iOS app talks to.
- Built an MVP that met or exceeded all initial requirements in time for the client to use it in a trade show presentation.
Lead iOS Engineer2021 - 2022Coinlytics
Technologies: iOS, SwiftUI, WatchOS UI, Apple Watch, UX, UI, Swift, Swift 5, StoreKit, App UX, Apple, UIKit, APIs, Networking, Widgets
- Built an iPhone, iPad, and WatchOS app from zero to shipping.
- Integrated with a custom API to provide up-to-date cryptocurrency information to the user's Home Screen using widgets.
- Built out a complex Widget customization framework with dozens of themes, support for thousands of currencies, and an enormous amount of customization.
Mobile Developer2021 - 2022Lavngarde, PBC
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Firebase, API Integration, Mobile UX, SwiftUI, App UX, Apple
- Took over development of a POC that had already been started, built it into a shipping product.
- Interfaced with a variety of 3rd party APIs to build out a powerful background checking system.
- Integrated with Firebase to store user information and make simple admin tasks easy to accomplish without having to access code.
Lead iOS Developer2020 - 2021Strongest.com
Technologies: SwiftUI, Core Data, Swift, Intercom API, Mixpanel API, iOS, Networking, WatchOS UI
- Designed and built a detailed CrossFit application for the iPhone and Apple Watch using SwiftUI, Core Data, Combine, and numerous other Apple and third-party technologies.
- Built out a flexible data model to encompass the breadth of CrossFit exercise programs and workouts.
- Implemented a detailed phone and watch UI that allows an athlete to easily monitor their workout and keep them motivated and informed.
Senior iOS Developer2018 - 2020Nomadic Tribe
Technologies: UIKit, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Xcode, Swift, iOS
- Built out the Nomadic Tribe mobile application, designing much of the app's architecture and implementation.
- Created a flexible and lightweight internal networking stack using protocols for easy extension.
- Designed an application architecture with minimal reliance on outside code, enabling short build times and fast iteration (all dependencies were managed using the Swift Package Manager).
iOS Developer Volunteer2016 - 20175calls.org
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, iPad, iOS
- Designed and developed the 5calls app iPad interface.
- Redesigned the iPhone UI for use on larger screens.
- Coded and built out the entire iPad interface.
iOS Contract Developer2015 - 2016PG&E/Leviathan
Technologies: Bluetooth, Xcode, Augmented Reality (AR), Swift, iOS
- Built an iPad app to showcase PG&E's Zero-Net-Energy house.
- Architected and coded the iPad app, integrating augmented reality, location-awareness, and 3D imaging components.
- Implemented a pre-ARKit Augmented Reality experience using the iPad as a virtual window.
iOS Contract Developer2010 - 2016Salesforce
Technologies: iPhone, iPad, Salesforce, REST, Objective-C, iOS
- Built the first mass-deployed iPad marketing tool at Zimmer (at the time of its release, it was the largest deployed iPad app in the world).
- Designed and coded Salesforce's initial REST toolkit for implementing iOS apps based on their platform.
- Built The Home Depot's paint color simulation tool, Color My World, a tap app in the App Store.
- Created the Monsanto Seedsman Digital Sales Assistant iPad app.
- Developed the Allergan, Kimberly Clark, Abbot Vascular, and Diageo DSA iPad apps.
iOS Contract Developer2011 - 2015Roger Ebert
Technologies: Objective-C, Xcode, iOS
- Built Roger's iOS Great Movies app.
iOS Contract Developer2013 - 2014LaPresse
Technologies: Objective-C, iPhone, iPad, iOS
- Built the crosswords playing component for the LaPresse newspaper app.
- Converted our existing Crosswords app into an embeddable library.
- Worked with the LaPresse team to embed the crossword functionality into their existing app.
iOS & Palm OS Contract Developer2002 - 2013Handmark
Technologies: XML, Xcode, C++, Objective-C, Palm OS, iOS
- Built Handmark's Express software client for both Palm and iOS.
- Owned the development of one of the keynote iPhone apps (Handmark was brought on stage for the initial iPhone SDK introduction for this app).
- Built up the Palm client as the initial client for Handmark's Express news service.
- Transitioned the client to iOS after the release of the iPhone.
- Oversaw Palm and iOS development until Handmark's acquisition by Sprint in 2013.
iOS Contract Developer2010 - 2012Apple, Inc.
Technologies: iPad, Objective-C, iOS, Xcode
- Architected and coded a discussion board component for Apple's internal Apple Store sales tool, Retail Me.
- Took existing designs and translated them into working application features.