- Software Developer and Tester (Life Insurance Calculator)Grazer Wechselseitige Versicherung AG2008 - 2014
Technologies: C# .NET, SQL, SQL CE, XML, ASP.NET, VPMS, Excel/VBA, TFS
- Developed a new calculation core for life insurances in C# .NET.
- Allowed the core to calculate all life insurance products and contract changes of the company and its foreign subsidiaries (~1000 products). Implemented a solid software design that included all products without duplicating code.
- Replaced three other existing calculation cores with our new one.
- Created a testing framework (both GUI and MSTest accessible) to ensure consistent quality of the core.
- Supported another team within the company with their software design for a similar calculation core.
- Scientific Software ResearcherVIRTUAL VEHICLE Reserach Center, Graz2010 - 2012
Technologies: C++, VTK, ParaView, Qt, LaTeX
- Implemented 3D data processing and visualization of computational fluid dynamics results with C++ and VTK for my diploma thesis.
- Created a novel algorithm for understanding and visualizing large air flow data sets.
- Developed an evaluation framework to compare my algorithm with existing solutions and aid in the selection of the best algorithm.
- Typeset my thesis in LaTex, using a highly customized style to achieve high typographic detail and quality.
- Received the Best Thesis Award by the "Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD".
- Junior Functional TesterIBM SkillTeam at Fortis Bank (Brussels, Belgium)2007 - 2008
Technologies: IBM Rational Functional Tester, SQL, VBA
- Developed and executed software test scenarios for a major Global Markets banking application (J/Rates).
- Was hired as a Junior Functional Tester due to my young age, but was very quickly assigned the same tasks as Senior Functional Testers.
- Was ultimately responsible for testing the whole interest rate derivatives branch.
- Performed unstructured exploratory testing before important releases as the only member of the team because of my strong analytical abilities.
- Collected my first foreign job experience within an international environment.
- Software Developer and TesterGrazer Wechselseitige Versicherung2006 - 2007
Technologies: VPMS, C# .NET, Excel/VBA, SQL, Pascal, XML
- Tested and developed software for the company and its foreign subsidiaries.
- Carried out these tasks part time next to my studies and learned proper time management skills. Used Tim Allen's "Getting Things Done" philosophy ever since.
- Worked directly within the life insurance department and acquired know-how about efficient communication with "Non-IT" people.
- Gained practical knowledge about the unique requirements of insurance and finance products.
- Experienced working in the environment fostered by a large, conservative company.