Verified Expert in Engineering
Bhavesh is a dedicated and productive full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience in the software industry. He is a TDD practitioner and advocate, and his specialities include Node.js, React, PHP, Laravel, Vue.js, TypeScript, AWS, and Google Cloud. Bhavesh is proactive in satisfying clients' requirements; writes clean, testable, and bug-free code; and delivers quality products within deadlines. He has a master's degree in information technology.
The most amazing...
...product I've worked on is in fintech, allowing users to make transactions, such as account transfers, pay utility bills, withdraw cash, and check balances.
- Developed an online education app using React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, and Jest.
- Integrated the login and signup functionality using email and Google OAuth 2.0. The login functionality allows students and teachers to access the dashboard.
- Developed a landing page in React and Tailwind. The landing page is fully responsive.
- Developed an application in English and Spanish. Supported the feature using the React-i18next library.
- Built the application in an agile manner. Had continuous communication with the designer regarding the implementation of the design.
- Added testing for the form component and functionalities using Jest.
- Created a "Contact Us" page, used Formik for form validation, and added support for lazy loading of the image of the country for the phone number. The images were only loaded for countries visible in the select dropdown.
- Guided new developers that joined the project by reviewing their PR, providing suggestions, and answering any queries they had related to the task.
[Node.js and NestJS] Backend Developer for a Beauty Service App
- Developed the backend and Admin panel for the Beauty service app. The app allows users to book beauty related services and avail them at home.
- Established the backend on Nest.js, Typescript, and PostgreSQL, and deployed to AWS ECS containerized environment.
- Developed the Admin panel in React, which allows the super admin and agencies to view and manage data for orders, customers, and partners, use reports, create services, and much more.
- Developed Features like User Wallet, Bulk coupon Add Feature, Login with OTP, Module functionality, Dual Language Support, Implemented ACL, access control on Admin Panel, Sub Service Feature.
- Implemented Google Geo Code API to get Addresses from lat, and long. Added functionality to get Location from IP address, this was used when users do not share location permission. Added Datadog logging to Google Geo code API, IP2 Address API call,.
- Added Report for admin where admin can search based on different filters and can view reports for orders, agencies, partners, coupons.
- Used Datadog, for logging this helped in debugging, monitoring the application.
- Worked closely with the product owner to identify and understand application requirements and lead them to delivery.
Full-stack Developer Maintaining an Online DJ Platform
- Added Tiktok pixel to the website to track page and content views, complete payments, and the add-to-cart feature.
- Tracked new subscriptions using Facebook pixel and TikTok pixel.
- Upgraded AWS Lambda and the Node.js version from 12 to 16, deploying them to development, staging, and production environments using Serverless Framework.
- Utilized Opensearch's backup using a manual snapshot and applied a software upgrade to Opensearch and Elasticsearch.
- Enabled a 7-day automated backup schedule for an Amazon RDS database.
- Created a thank-you page that users will see when they purchase a subscription. The page is fully responsive on mobile devices and tablets.
- Collaborated with the client on further upgrading the front end.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Created a Vue-based admin panel that allows admins to manage overall functionality, including blocking and changing settings for apps in real-time.
- Developed and deployed Elasticsearch over AWS, which provides search functionality for over 400 million records within two or three seconds of latency.
- Updated a social app for users to interact with each other using React, Node.js, and Next.js. The update provides additional security features and performance improvements.
- Built a SaaS app for logistics that allows admins to register and maintain their firm logistics over a SaaS platform in the cloud, using React, Node.js, and Stripe.
- Developed a web scraper, which scrapes leads from a different platform and stores them in the database. The lead was also called using the Twilio Voice API on a predefined schedule.
- Developed a custom algorithm to select lead information based on the time the lead entered the system, the number of times the lead was called, how many times the lead answered the call, and other custom logic.
Back-end Engineer (Node.js/Microservices/Serverless)
UV Partners, Inc.
- Developed the back-end API in GraphQL using Apollo Server.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Zenhub as a reporting tool.
- Created unit tests for each API to ensure the code quality.
- Used MongoDB advanced filter functionalities, such as aggregators for the reports API.
Full-stack Developer (Vue.js and MongoDB)
- Created a back-end API using the Python FastAPI framework and pydantic for type safety.
- Developed the front end using Vue.js and Tailwind.
- Used Elasticsearch to search for research articles.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Developed a music band app for bands to receive tips from their fans, using Node.js, Vue, a Stripe Express account, Stripe Connect, and a marketplace API.
- Developed a back end that handles real-time communication between the mobile app and GPS watch devices. Used Node.js, Socket.IO, and a TCP socket. Deployed the application to Digital Ocean.
- Migrated more than 30 million records from Firebase to PostgreSQL to provide an extraordinary search service.
- Developed a video compression script in Node.js that detects the video ratio and compresses the video while maintaining the aspect ratio. Deployed this script to AWS Lambda.
- Created a back end for a ride-sharing-like app where the user can request a ride or transport, other users can make an offer to fulfill the request, and the requester can accept the best offer. Deployed the application to Digital Ocean.
- Developed a CRM for lead management using Twilio Autopilot and TaskRouter. The central part was building an IVR to call customers and ask if they were available to connect with a home insurance agent. The CRM was deployed to Heroku.
- Led and managed a team of five in the end-to-end development of web applications and deployed tasks to the cloud. Assigned tasks, followed up, and conducted weekly meetings for team improvement and communication.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a Firebase cloud function to observe events for Firestore and send push notifications and SMSs to the user upon matched conditions.
- Developed a back end for a cryptocurrency app, using Node.js and a Sequelize ORM to transfer the kin to the user's wallet upon posting content in the app and providing security-like transaction tracking and daily credit limits.
- Deployed a Firebase cloud function that runs daily at a set time, checks the user logging hours, and emails reports to the admin.
- Created a web scraping script for a client website using Laravel and PostgreSQL to provide the data to the mobile app as a REST API. The script scraped the data in multiple nested pages and multiple languages.
- Developed a REST API and real-time notifications in Node.js, Socket.IO, and PostgreSQL for the Cloth mobile app, which supports live streaming for selling clothes and provides real-time updates. Deployed the app to DigitalOcean.
- Developed a REST API and admin panel in Laravel, PostgreSQL, and AWS for a home inspection app.
- Built a mobile app in React Native, Laravel, Twilio, and PostgreSQL for loan management. The app tracks disbursement and repayment dates and sends reminders for payments due.
- Updated a React-based web app from a class-based component to a functional component, which involved updating the React version.
- Developed a web scraping web crawler for a lead generation project. The client's goal was to scrape the lead information from a website, store that info in CRM, and call the lead at the appropriate time.
- Developed a REST API and React-based admin panel for a taxi-pooling app using Node.js and PostgreSQL and deployed it to AWS Cloud.
- Built a fintech product that allows users to make transactions and transfers, pay vendor bills, and withdraw cash using a card. The product features include daily account reconciliation, an admin dashboard, and reports.
- Created a project management system that allows admins to add projects and assign them to users who can add hours and notes related to those projects. I developed the system using Laravel and PostgreSQL and deployed it to AWS Cloud.
- Built a REST API for a gas agency to book orders using Laravel and deployed it to Google Cloud.
- Wrote concurrent modifications to the REST API and implemented version control.
- Integrated the Laravel back end with a third-party admin panel and wrote the REST API documentation using Postman.
- Created custom Laravel commands to deploy an API on the production server and API testing on the development server. Deployed the Laravel application in Heroku.
Jameel | Full-stack Developer for a Beauty Service Apphttps://ijameel.com/
• Added functionality for User Wallet
• Added bulk coupon add feature
• Provided admin functionality to reschedule bookings and cancel open orders from admin panel
• Added functionality for recent booking partner
• Added preferred partner functionality
• Added functionality for login with OTP
• Added report for admin and agency coupon financial, listing services that do not have city price
• Added Datadog for logging for Pixel URL tracking
• Added Sentry exception on payment failure
• Added service detail feature in which the admin can add FAQ, aftercare tips, and processes
• Provided feature to support service price based on city
• Implemented Google Geo Code API and functionality to get location from IP address
• Added module functionality, which will be the parent of the service category
• The application was in dual language Arabic and English, so manage text translation using React Intl package
• Implemented ACL, access control on admin panel
• Added sub-service feature
Oligo | Web App
• Created a profile page, enabling users to update profiles and change passwords.
• Improved search functionality for research articles using Elasticsearch and created the search layout using Tailwind and Vue.js.
• Created an API in Python for sign-out, profile update, change password, and search functionalities.
• Discussed requirements with the client and provided weekly updates.
Turet | Mobile App for Tracking Child Movement
KEY ACTIVITIES, FUNCTIONALITIES, AND DELIVERABLES
• Created a REST API using Node.js and Express.js.
• Updated real-time data from a GPS watch to the mobile app. The GPS watch sends data to the server, such as the watch location and battery percentage. The server sends the watch data to a mobile app in real time using Socket.IO.
• Sent commands to the watch, such as setting SOS contacts, photo capture, restart, shutdown, setting a sound profile, and locating the watch. The mobile app sends these commands to the server using a REST API, and the server forwards the commands to the watch using a TCP socket.
• Developed support for a geofence, allowing users to draw a circle on the map. The server notifies the user if the watch goes inside that circle or leaves the circle.
• Implemented a step-count history. The watch sends the step count to the server at regular intervals. My task was to store that data and show it to mobile app users in a daily history.
Ezpapel | SaaS App for Logisticshttps://dashboard.ezpapel.com
• Register the company.
• Allow the company to add its employees, drivers, trucks, trailers, and customers.
• Enable the admin or employee to create a load and assign that load to a driver. Admins can add details, such as the load's shipper, receiver, and origin.
Drivers will have an app where they can log in and start related loads. Load status will be monitored and listed in the admin.
Music Band App
ACTIVITIES AND DELIVERABLES
• Created a REST API with authentication and authorization.
• Enabled admin, band, and user roles within the app.
• Utilized Stripe Express to enable bands to register their bank account details and receive tips from their fans.
• Provided unique bar codes used by bands to promote and accept tips.
• Used Stripe Connect to split tips between the client and bands.
• Developed an admin panel to be used by the client, providing functionality similar to the user, band, and tip modules. They can check which bands have registered and trigger an email with the Stripe Express account link for bands that haven't.
Toptal React Accelerator Project | Invoice Management System
• Implemented user registration and login. Once registered, the user would log in and complete the company set up information.
• Developed a dashboard where freelancers could manage their clients and invoices.
• Created the functionality to add and edit clients and a data grid where users could sort and paginate their client information. Sort and paginations were mapped to a URL, improving the page refresh rate and UX behavior.
• Provided the functionality to add and edit invoices and a data grid for managing them. The data grid provided the sort, filter, and paginate functionalities. The client provided a filter option so users could see all invoices for a particular client. The pagination, sort, and filter were URL-based.
• Created E2E testing using Cypress and added snapshot testing using Jest and the React Testing Library.
UV Angel | IoT-based Product
• Added reports for admins related to user activity, account search, and IoT device error reports.
• Migrated IoT device API calls to MongoDB to help overcome constraints due to the IoT API, where conditions were limited to five. In MongoDB, there is no such restriction. Using MongoDB also helps improve performance above a single source of information.
• Backed each feature with strong integration testing using Jest.
• Developed complex queries using a MongoDB aggregation pipeline and
• Performed the CRUD operation using TypeORM with MongoDB.
• Worked on a strong authorization flow, which included global and account-based roles, where only users authorized to act were allowed.
• Added other features to device filters while device mutations and accounts were updated.
• Modified account preferences.
Toptal React Academy
Zaz Movil | Fintech App
• Developed a dashboard with proper roles and permissions.
• Built a secure REST API that third-party vendors would consume.
• Created proper documentation for the API.
• Secured the overall architecture.
• Continuously monitored the traffic flow inside the app.
• Communicated with the project manager on all the details related to the project and its scope.
• Deployed the app to the cloud using CI/CD.
Activities and Deliverables:
• Created a REST API with proper authentication and authorization
• Developed the admin panel where the admin can add a grade, subject, modules, topic, questions, send notifications to users, and much more.
• Used a TDD approach for overall project development.
• Deployed changes to AWS and Amazon S3 for image upload.
• Imported data from Excel to the database.
• Communicated with the project manager and mobile developer for a smooth development flow.
• Designed the database schema and provided suggestions to the project manager for the critical and complex flow of the project.
Web Scraping for Insurance Leads
WEB CRAWLER FUNCTIONALITIES
• Runs at specific intervals, such as every 30 minutes, and finds new leads for home insurance from specific websites.
• Finds and sends lead details to the client over email and SMS. The lead is also stored in the database for future reference.
• Fills in forms and scrapes the relevant information on sites that require this information before they show a result.
Tech stack: Node.js, Mailgun for sending emails, Twilio for SMS, and PostgreSQL for storing relevant information in the database.
CRWN Clothing | eCommerce
• Google login, sign-up, and log in using email.
• Product listing and shop listing.
• Add, edit, and remove a product from a cart.
• Page refresh support: When a user refreshes the page, its current app state is maintained to provide a great user experience.
• Check out using a credit card.
• Stripe-based payment system, which is supported in many countries.
Connektoo | Social Network App
• Provided high availability by using a load balancer and autoscaling.
• Provided security to the AWS architecture by using HTTPS termination on the load balancer, enabled guard duty, and identified the potential security alerts and fixed them quickly.
• Worked with Socket.IO for performance issues and enhanced its performance using an AWS load balancer.
• Helped the client develop infrastructure and resolve queries.
• The prospective lead fills in the form and submits it to the server. The system calls the lead using Twilio Voice and Autopilot.
• The system is an IVR that asks the customer if they are available to connect with an agent. If they answer yes, the customer is connected with the agent using Twilio Task Router.
• If the customer is busy or wants to schedule a call later, the system sends them an SMS using the Twilio SMS API, which contains a Calendly link to schedule the call for a later time.
• There is also an admin panel where agents can schedule their availability and see information about the lead to whom they connected.
Time Tracking App
• Developed and deployed the cloud functionality to Firebase. It runs daily and delivers a breakdown of employee working hours to the admin.
• Indexed the Firestore database, which is required to ensure smooth query performance.
• Secured the Firestore database by applying Cloud Firestore security rules.
• Planned the schema design to align with the app requirements.
• Created a REST API for the admin login to get a list of all employee data, including working hours.
• Used Git throughout the project to manage the code for sandboxing and production.
Toptal React Accelerator
Laravel, Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Redux, CodeIgniter, Tailwind CSS, OAuth 2, Vanilla JS, Bootstrap, Serverless Framework, NestJS, Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Nuxt.js, Realtime, Jest, Cypress, PHP MVC
Node.js, React, Vue, Stripe API, Socket.IO, Stripe, REST APIs, jQuery, React Redux, Chart.js, Flexbox, Vuex, Twilio API, Puppeteer, CheerioJS, AWS Amplify, React Router, Stripe Connect API, Stripe Connect, FFmpeg, HTML5 Canvas, Facebook API, Auth, Formik
Git, Sequelize, Amazon EBS, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), GitHub, JSX, Cron, AWS ELB, Vue CLI, SendGrid, PhpStorm, Mongoose, Bitbucket, NPM, MongoDB Atlas, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS IAM, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Stripe Checkout, Prisma, Webpack, Babel, Amazon Cognito, Jira, Mocha, Sentry, Figma
REST, DevOps, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Responsive, Responsive Layout, Test-driven Development (TDD), E2E Testing, Unit Testing, Serverless Architecture, Agile, Agile Software Development, Microservices, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Modular CSS, UX Design
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Linux, Twilio, AWS Lambda, Firebase, AWS ALB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mailgun, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, LAMP, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku, DigitalOcean, Unix, Bluehost
PostgreSQL, Database Management Systems (DBMS), MySQL, Cloud Firestore, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Databases, NoSQL, JSON, Redis, Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Datadog
Software Development, Cloud Computing, Lambda Functions, TypeORM, Google Cloud Functions, Firebase Cloud Functions, Web Scraping, HTTPS, AWS Certificate Manager, Back-end, APIs, Web Development, Third-party APIs, Web Crawlers, Programming, SMS, Fintech, Axios, API Integration, Full-stack, Cloud Services, Client Portals, Back-end Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Bootstrap 4, Scripting, Front-end, User Interface (UI), AWS DevOps, MERN Stack, Web Services, Charts, Amazon Route 53, Algorithms, CSS3 Animation, CSS Grid, Responsive UI, Responsive Design, Images, eCommerce, Data Engineering, Vue-router, Amazon RDS, QR Codes, Payment APIs, VPS/VDS, Dashboards, Application State Management, Full-stack Development, Stripe Payments, Admin Panels, Websites, Integration Testing, PayPal, BrainTree, TCP, SSL, Serverless, WebSockets, Twilio Programmable Voice, Calendly, Web Notifications, Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Document Parsing, Google Search Console, Apollo, ECS, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Automated Data Flows, Stripe Marketplace, Stripe Express, HTML Canvas, SMTP, Web UX, Software Architecture, Autopilot, Twilio TaskRouter, Mobile Apps, Scraping, Push Notifications, Email, FastAPI, Solana, Leadership, AWS Cloud Architecture, Marketplaces, Emailers, User Experience (UX), Chakra UI
Master's Degree in Information Technology
Sikkim Manipal University - Gangtok, India
Josh Comeau Courses
Build Responsive Real-World Websites with HTML and CSS
Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations, and More.
Toptal React Accelerator Graduate
NestJS: The Complete Developer's Guide
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Toptal React Academy Graduate