Verified Expert in Engineering
Web App Development Developer
Brian has over 15 years of experience as a full-stack developer, including creating a #1 iOS game in 2008 and scaling Yahoo! ad servers. Brian's strengths are adaptability, clear communication, and a relentless focus on the details that get projects shipped.
Xcode, Vim Text Editor, Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a Monte Carlo physical simulation to generate data for a computer opponent in a sports simulation game.
- Developed iOS apps for bespoke games, including Darts, which has been installed on over 15 million devices and was #1 in the App Store in December 2008.
- Created other bespoke games including RPS World Masters (a multiplayer rock-paper-scissors game) and Lexatron (a word game mixing racing and strategy elements).
- Developed Visuality360 for Global Apparel Network, an enterprise iPad app that provides retail chains with a way to direct store layouts and perform visual (photo-based) audits conveniently and easily.
- Developed Furry Face Off, the ultimate app for those who love to show off their pets. Allowed users to enter their favorite pet photos in weekly contests.
- Developed FameTag, a social media and interaction app that shows users the words their friends use to describe them and what makes them "famous".
- Developed Picture That, an addictive multiplayer photo guessing game.
- Developed Chumkee, a social photo sharing platform/app that transcends language and location through video and photo conversations. Used Unique UX, localization, real-time translation, and web services.
- Developed Lexatron, a word race game in which users snake a path from one corner of the board to the other by forming words on the board using only their own letters. The player that reaches the opposite corner first wins the match.
- Darts is a realistic 3D darts game for iOS that lets users play cricket, 501, and more. Darts was released in 2008, went #1 on the free charts, and has been downloaded millions of times.
- Developed RPS World Masters, an addictive online-only version of the classic rock-paper-scissors game. Users will be automatically paired with random opponents from anywhere around the world.
- Developed Balloon as a MVP for students in the DreamIt accelerator program. Wrote this 4-week project from scratch to provide the neat twist of getting friends together for impromptu events.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed technical integrations of Right Media Ad Server into the Yahoo! APT platform.
- Led numerous end-to-end APT feature implementations from design, development, and testing to production, deployment and monitoring.
- Developed numerous internal-facing tools and web services for Yahoo! Sales and Engineering and Search Marketing groups.
- Developed several tool prototypes and integrated various group efforts for project Panama.
- Developed the Right Media back-end display advertising server system.
- Handled overall database schema design and Oracle stored procedure implementation.
- Implemented several REST-based web services for reporting queries.
- Created a triggered event email notification system.
- Created a distribution/publishing/serving system.
- Created several Oracle extension modules.
- Helped with various Google integration efforts post-acquisition.
- Designed, implemented, and supported a consumer product review system similar to epinions.com.
- Created various newsletter management tools.
- Created internal tools for customer care.
- Created server monitoring scripts.
- Created numerous content management tools.
- Wrote a toolbar for Internet Explorer.
- Created an internal graphing library for charting.
- Created a basic HTML parser and renderer as an alternative to (at the time) lackluster Java UI support.
- Developed a large defect tracking and analysis application similar to Bugzilla.
- Implemented miscellaneous CGI scripting with REXX and NET Data interfacing to DB2.
- Handled Lotus Notes database design and implementation.
MVC Library for Single-page Apps
• A model represents a named collection of key-value pairs.
• A view controller acts as an intermediary between a rendered view of the model and DOM event bindings. It handles the methods responsible for modifying an instance of the model.
• A router maps URI fragments to handlers, typically loading models from a data source and creating view controllers for displaying and updating them.
• A model acts as an event emitter and notifies registered listeners whenever its underlying properties undergo mutation.
Mixed Reality Billiards
Python – Simulation Tool for iOS Project
Python – Web Admin Tool
Python – Game Developmenthttps://github.com/fictorial/pygameui
Python – Open Source Contributionshttps://github.com/fictorial/records/commit/67deca59a35984d07d5c30bceba595bef19abef4
Python – Object Databasehttps://github.com/fictorial/python-object-persistence
iOS SDK, Express.js, Flask, StoreKit, QuartzCore, GameKit, Unity3D
iOS Simulator, Vim Text Editor, Xcode, Maya, Sketch, NGINX, Git, Pixelmator, Cheetah, LaTeX, GCC, LLDB, iOS Instruments, Adobe Photoshop
REST, Data Science, App Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), UX Design, DRY, Microservices, Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Agile Software Development, Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Programming, Pair Programming
MacOS, iOS, Linux, Oracle, Parse, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Redis, JSON, SQLite, Memcached, NoSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, CouchDB, PostgreSQL
iPad, HTTP, Computer Vision, Software Engineering, iPhone, Bluetooth, iPhone App Developer, User Interface (UI), Web App Development, WebSockets, Web Services, Architecture, Single-page Applications (SPA), AVFoundation, Scalability, Peer-to-peer Networking, Webhooks, TCP, Cryptography, Encryption, Public-key Cryptography
Core Animation, Core Graphics, Node.js, iOS Native Libraries, Facebook iOS SDK, jQuery, Bottle.py, Twilio API, SQLAlchemy, SpriteKit, Core Image, OpenGL, WebGL
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Pace University - White Plains, NY, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
State University of New York at Geneseo - Geneseo, NY, United States