Software Engineer In Test2018 - PRESENTCI&T
- Constantly attended grooming sessions with stakeholders to analyze business requirements, discuss new features, and look deeply into desired user behavior to drive application enhancement and new features.
- Refactored existing automated end to end test framework to leverage design patterns in order to promote better code reuse, readability as well as enforcing single responsibility principle. The framework is built in Java, Selenium and TestNG at it’s core. Also enabled framework to resolve database’s hosts addresses through declarative yaml configuration files that relies on profiles to discover hosts in an environment to environment basis.
- Built end to end test framework’s integration with Hashicorp’s Vault service to discover credentials to access external database resources at runtime.
- Defined with delivery team stack used to automate test scenarios for an Angular front end application. Automated tests are created at unit, component and system level using Jasmine, Protractor, and Cucumber. Express is also used to serve mocked responses for front-end services that fetch data from microservices.
- Built automated test scripts for functional compliance of micro services using Java, Rest Assured and Spring Boot test templates and profiles.
- Hosted demo sessions to stakeholders detailing features delivered sprint by sprint during MVP phase.
- Supported critical deliveries on site for Fortune 500 US company, managing and reporting defects.
QA Engineer2017 - 2018Avenue Code
Technologies: MySQL, Git, TypeScript, AEM, AWS, GitLab, Java, Cucumber
- Created a UI test framework based on WebDriverIO and Typescript that heavily relied on design patterns to promote code reuse to enable and encourage QA Engineers to use include test automation in their activities. That framework also allowed test scripts to be built once and executed against the target application in several resolutions as responsiveness was a heavy business requirement.
- Trained QA engineers across multiple delivery squads to use said framework to automate test cases throughout their project’s deliveries.
- Created test scripts using Cucumber, Typescript, and WebDriverIO for an application built in a component-based approach using Vue.js and delivered over Adobe Experience Manager.
- Automated test scenarios for REST API’s using open source framework Karate (https://github.com/intuit/karate).
- Screened QA candidates for the company, participating in the process of evaluating candidate resumes, hosting interviews on site and evaluating project deliveries.
- Taught introductory programming classes to children of a partner state school as a part of the company’s social program. Classes were taught using Code.org.
QA Engineer2014 - 2017Base2 Tecnologia
- Established test scenarios and test coverage necessary to a platform that targeted live monitoring of eCommerce web applications through continuous execution of user interface automated tests.
- Created a test framework based on JUnit that used annotation-driven approach and event-driven lifecycle management to collect information about test cases and test suite execution. Also integrated this framework with an application that built custom reports and also with another application that made use of Cron jobs to trigger automated test executions while managing triggered processes.
- Created a module to support UI automation for mobile applications into an existing framework that supported building UI automated scripts for web applications. This module was built on top of Appium.
- Created a framework to build a functional test for REST services that leveraged an annotation-driven approach to dynamically execute tasks into test case lifecycle. Also built a custom report that integrated with this framework to enable users to interact with request and response information through a web interface.
- Created an application responsible for parsing JMeter’s test run outputs to provide insight into the application’s performance numbers through spreadsheets.
- Created complex performance script scenarios that involved, for example, determining the load at runtime based on the business insight of load patterns throughout the day.
- Performance-profiled web and mobile applications.
- Created automated UI test scripts for applications for a wide array of applications in the fields of banking, health care, educational institutions, car rental services, amongst others.