Verified Expert in Engineering
Calvin is a talented full-stack engineer with more than a decade of experience building web applications with open-source tools. His strong technical skills and business experience give him the ability to communicate to and create alignment between developers, product owners, stakeholders, and executives.
Slack, GitLab, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Bash, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is an algorithm for fuzzy matching poorly constructed financial information to a highly structured schema.
Freelance Senior Software Engineer
- Built a Python-based application that scrapes legal websites to gather court case updates and notifies followers of changes in dockets and other items. This application also gathers court filings for followers.
- Enhanced a tax calculation and financial analysis SaaS project by adding user registration, payment, and calculation features.
- Revitalized and transformed an old, legacy Node.js application, in the data-finance domain, into a well-tested Python-based application.
- Performed security-focused application assessments and code reviews for various SaaS projects.
Chief Technology Officer
- Created and contributed to several open-source projects, primarily in the financial services domain.
- Developed several full-stack web systems using a variety of tools and technologies. The nature of these systems is confidential.
- Adapted software processes and communication protocols to changing requirements and growing teams.
- Built a productive team environment for developing durable and maintainable code.
Iteround | Open Source Python Packagehttps://github.com/cgdeboer/iteround
Custom B2B eCommerce Application
AI Web App | Security and Performance Improvements
Web Scraping Notification Tool | Lead Engineer
Django REST Framework, Django, ClojureScript, Re-frame, React Native
REST APIs, NumPy, SciPy, Sockets, React, Django ORM
Microsoft Excel, Reagent, Ansible, GitLab, Slack, MATLAB, Git
Data Modeling, Project Leadership, Team Leadership, Architecture, APIs, Back-end, API Integration, CSV, Software Development Management, CTO, Software Development, Software, Project Estimation, FastAPI, Fintech, Cloud, Financial Services, Writing & Editing, Product Ownership, Security Analysis, Analytics, Sanic Web Server, SaaS, IT, Faceted Search, eCommerce, Search Engines, Search, Algorithms, Full-stack, Web Scraping, Telnet Protocol
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mailgun, Azure, Linux, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Functional Programming, REST
Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Economics
University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Charlotte, NC, USA