- Software DeveloperCalvin Froedge Consulting2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: NodeJS, AngularJS, PHP, Web Components
- Assisted in creating a scalable, multi-tenant SaaS application for a medical startup focused on patient data management. The application integrated many services for customers, including file storage, fax and email sending and analysis, and OCR. Conducted unit and integration testing strategy, authentication strategy, and lots of refactoring and overcoming filesystem limitations. Solved several concurrency and race condition issues. NodeJS, AngularJS.
- Created an application for flexible OAuth integrations and multiple form integrations. CoffeeScript, Node.js, AngularJS.
- Chief Technical OfficerTen-Digit, Inc.2012 - 2014
- Integrated with telephony partners and automated workflow.
- Migrated the customer database to a new, normalized design with improved indexing for faster queries and more flexible representation of data.
- Wrote front-end applications for sales portals, customer applications, and administrative applications.
- Designed the framework for a project using best-of components from various other frameworks by implementing new package management systems.
- Implemented a self-hosted billing subscription system which improved customer experience, business payments flexibility, and subscription churn rate.
- Implemented a REST API and developed an application on client/stateless server architecture.
- Wrote and integrated deployment and development tools for AWS and Vagrant.
- Software DeveloperFroedge Machine2011 - 2012
- Participated in a large project for a Froedge customer in which we made modification to an existing automation installment; was tasked with gathering requirements for many areas of the software related items and implementing solutions in C++, C# and PHP for those items.
- Integrated automation control applications with a SQL backend for printing reports, configured barcode printers, and sent barcode data to them over TCP sockets.
- Wrote SQL queries to generate both real-time and batched production reporting which were submitted to a data warehouse over a C# based web services client which was called from C and PLC applications to query a Java/Spring based web service.
- Launched LumberHandling.com for the company. The website was built on the FuelPHP framework and features a multilingual CMS, sales and lead tracking tools, and full content management.
- Performed search marketing and content creation on LumberHandling.com, which has resulted in a substantial increase in inbound leads for the company.
- Helped Froedge bring their inventory of tens of thousands of products online for the first time through Froedge.com and FMSFilters.com using systems built in LemonStand eCommerce and ZendFramework. These websites now account for 5% of annual sales volume.
- Rebranded the company, created new printed marketing materials, and set up trade show displays.
- FounderCreative Logic Media2006 - 2011
- Managed a development team on-site in Russia.
- Wrote front-end code and produced design work for dozens of web applications.
- Helped launch several websites for customers which would become successful startups still in operation, some of which have generated millions in revenue.
- Grew monthly revenues for eight straight months in the final year of operation.
- Sold the company in 2011 to focus on software development full-time.
- Administered more than a dozen servers, including application servers, database servers, staging, and version control servers.
- Web DeveloperHilton Hotels2007 - 2008
- Coded dozens of interfaces for various Hilton brands.
- Helped establish coding standards for the entire user experience team.
- Documented the completed work of the user experience team.
- Worked with Java developers to integrate front-end templates with JavaServer Pages.